Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: INITIATE V2 CUSTOMIZATION  (Read 1268 times)
Src99
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« on: February 05, 2020, 05:56:04 PM »

Hi everyone!
I’m super new to the Saber community and I need some advice/help from some veterans. I recently purchased the Initiate V2 in Violet Amethyst (still backlogged apparently,purchased on 1-13-20). Once I receive my saber I’m looking into possibly wrapping it in leather or painting it to make it even more custom. I was wondering if anyone has advice on what would look the best and how I should go  about doing it. Thank you for any help!

Galef
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 209

Light side preferred, Dark side accepted

« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2020, 06:31:25 PM »

I just got mine yesterday and I've added O-rings to the neck section, thumb screws and electric tape as a wrap.  I'll have pictures posted late Friday.
One of my favorite things about the V2s whether Initiate, Aeon or Dominix, is that they have a very simple design that is easily customizable

-

Src99
Force Sensitive

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2020, 06:33:27 PM »

That’s awesome! When did you order yours?

firehand10k
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 388

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2020, 06:45:51 PM »

The V2 is quite slim. It is well suited to wrapping in either a regular wrapping style like one would do to a tennis racquet handle, or in a tsuka maki style as one would do a Japanese sword handle. The second style is much less common as it takes more work but it would look great if you have the patience to do it between the emitter and switch section then again down the handle below the switch section. Regular wraps look great too but its fairly common.

Have:
Azure Reaper
Crimson Scorpion
Aeon LE  V4 pair
Monarch
Azure Omen
Mantis
Manticore CE
Guardian
Chosen One
Graflex
Menace staff
Sentinel V4 staff
Zweihander
Shark
Bane
Brood Guard

Galef
Knight Commander

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2020, 07:05:09 PM »

That’s awesome! When did you order yours?
I ordered 12/26, just got them yesterday. They are backlogged quite a bit.

-

Src99
Force Sensitive

« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2020, 07:12:00 PM »

What size O rings would you suggest? I suppose I could take the hilt with me to a hardware store for sizing but I would like to have them at my disposal when my saber comes.

Galef
Knight Commander

« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2020, 07:27:31 PM »

What size O rings would you suggest? I suppose I could take the hilt with me to a hardware store for sizing but I would like to have them at my disposal when my saber comes.
I wish I could remember the size. They were the biggest I could find and they initially looked too small. Only about 1 inch inner diameter. But they are a bit stretchy so once I got them passed the emitter, they fit perfectly in the neck grooves.
I also gave 1 each to my boys' Aeon V2s in the groove right above the pommel so the have a bit of a "stopper" at the end

-

Src99
Force Sensitive

« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2020, 07:29:40 PM »

Thanks so much for the help!!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: