Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Down
Author Topic: Creating Crystal Chambers build/Input thread/material ideas/sources  (Read 60113 times)
GrumpyBadger
Knight Captain

Force Alignment: 34

if I earn any, lightside points if you please

« Reply #75 on: August 04, 2013, 02:16:58 AM »

PM sent:
Thanks! For wiring a crystal led to blade match, I use an online resistor calculator once I know the forward voltage coming from my main led, then i hit radio-hack and find a 5mm red green or blue led,(they also have have common cathode RGB 5mms that will run all 3 colors for multi die flash on clash led units) The cathode versus anode choice depends on the board for a RGB 5mm. most small leds only want 20ma at most with a FV of 2.4 red to 4.0 some whites.

That is an absolutely beautiful lightsaber, and the garb looks like it is just as nice!  Point to you and thanks for the help!

Master Rel
Game Master
Knight of the Consular Order
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1884

Martial artist, fabricator, chef, resident Ortolan

« Reply #76 on: August 04, 2013, 02:42:19 AM »

The saber is a piece of art and the technical features are great...though I find the other than saber related sounds quite distracting and taking away from the whole.

But she is a beautiful piece of work.

Light side points please Smiley

DarthCooper88
11th Disciple of Masamune
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: -248

Old-world crafstman, Sabersmith

« Reply #77 on: August 04, 2013, 12:17:35 PM »

The saber is a piece of art and the technical features are great...though I find the other than saber related sounds quite distracting and taking away from the whole.

But she is a beautiful piece of work.
Yes Jedi Yar Nala had 20-30 fx quotes for each font(had to talk him out of a few) there is a setting as to how often they occur, the quotes are kind of neat, though for fx wav's I like the robot armada with the sounds of fighter flying over and the battle droids talking in the back ground

"You have been forged in fire, tempered in blood & come out steel" Brave Rifles! 3rd Armored Cavalr

Vex
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -402

« Reply #78 on: October 10, 2013, 02:28:24 AM »

I got one of the 3D printed chambers. Painted it tonight. It turned out Ok. It's going into my Scorpion as a part of a blade plug. It will be visible in the horizontal slots in the lower emitter section.

dark side points please

XtheXcodeX
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: 0

(order of the red jedi)

« Reply #79 on: December 06, 2013, 02:02:17 PM »

man, I wish I could make something like this Sad

Blades
Initiate LE v2 (AB)
Dominix v2 (EG)

please keep me grey!

DarthCooper88
Knight Lt. Commander

« Reply #80 on: December 07, 2013, 04:24:34 PM »

Wow I didnt know this was still a running thread! More and more 3d printed parts for sabers are coming to market ( I just ordered a rotating double helix Crystal chamber kit for I don't know what yet) This is the same blade plug as shown in previous posts. I painted it with silver gold and copper enamel paints, then finished it off with 4 coats of gloss clear. It is tied into the main blade with a 5mm RGB led that is mounted inthe center of the blade plug

"You have been forged in fire, tempered in blood & come out steel" Brave Rifles! 3rd Armored Cavalr

XtheXcodeX
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: 0

(order of the red jedi)

« Reply #81 on: December 07, 2013, 04:53:51 PM »

Wow I didnt know this was still a running thread! More and more 3d printed parts for sabers are coming to market ( I just ordered a rotating double helix Crystal chamber kit for I don't know what yet) This is the same blade plug as shown in previous posts. I painted it with silver gold and copper enamel paints, then finished it off with 4 coats of gloss clear. It is tied into the main blade with a 5mm RGB led that is mounted inthe center of the blade plug

yeah, I just decided to revive it, due to the awesomeness of crystal chambers

Blades
Initiate LE v2 (AB)
Dominix v2 (EG)

please keep me grey!

DarthCooper88
Knight Lt. Commander

« Reply #82 on: December 28, 2013, 05:50:46 PM »

Here is a pic of one finished for a SK, this has 4 stainless rods, brass led mount/top mount, 2 brass rods for rear support, brass radiation shield, 3 blue smd led chips with diffuser, 2 brass and copper "injectors" natural rough Arkansas quartz stone with blade matching RGB 5mm slaved into the main blade's circuit, The primary wiring for the main led runs through the 4 rods

Here is a  "Crystal accelerator" pommel with blade matching RGB chip

DarthCooper88
Knight Lt. Commander

« Reply #83 on: January 29, 2014, 12:22:50 AM »

How about some more crystal chamber goodness?
Here is a saber that was a mess when I got it, I reworked all of the parts, made a new chamber, main battery mount  and hid a soundboard under the crystal, its also running a new Luxeon Z6 for the main Led (6 die under 1 dome)

chicago.jedi
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 287

Light side points please

« Reply #84 on: January 29, 2014, 02:25:59 AM »

Amazing work as always.

I really must take a page out of The Book of Cooper and make some cool blade plugs.

Darth Kitsune
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -236

There is no Peace, there is only Passion...

« Reply #85 on: January 29, 2014, 03:20:21 AM »

Whoever treated that saber so badly on the inside....was a fool. That's such a NICE lightsaber! I'd kill to have one of that quality and design. O.o

Obalon
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 8

Everything we do, the Force is always with us.

« Reply #86 on: January 30, 2014, 06:32:31 PM »

Darth Cooper your getting a dark point! Really love these. Awesome sabers. Id kill to have one. -thumbs up-

Sabers I own:   Archon V2 (b).    Sabers i want: Dark Prophesy (r)       Any points will do. you make the choice. prefer light points.

DarthCooper88
Knight Lt. Commander

« Reply #87 on: February 05, 2014, 12:28:20 AM »

Thanks guys! I cant claim to own any of these as they are other peoples sabers that just get a little machine love in my shop. Now this is a personal one that I had worked on last year and set it on the dusty shelf for a rainy day (in this case a stretch of 20 below degress weather that wouldnt let my 2 shop heaters to get it above 40F! So I happen to have a spare board, new style led and battery on hand and some time to kill, it also has a custom FX package by my Friend Tron with a bunch of Python quotes on the 1st font ( I shot a vid if you guys would like to see it)

I present "Cardinal Fang".....

[/size][/size]
« Last Edit: February 05, 2014, 12:31:31 AM by DarthCooper88 » Logged

Genkaku Sho`shyk
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 141

only the force, nothing more, nothing less

« Reply #88 on: February 13, 2014, 04:11:04 AM »

just.... sick!

i recently built a modular kit out of junk metal clothing hangers and solder, its not as pretty as these... but i thought it was a fun ordeal and learning process... its all thanks to your pics posts of work you have done that inspired me to get creative with my latest purchase, as it was a very tight fit in my design... and as a craftsman it felt horrible pulling the wires out and having to slowly tur n and twist the m back in.... so i went modular, and found some strong materials in simple junk

its not a chamber, but close enough.. no??

DarthCooper88
Knight Lt. Commander

« Reply #89 on: February 14, 2014, 01:19:00 PM »

Wow!
That is a very creative way of using whats on hand to build a working chassis!
 I had never thought of the skeletonized approach, it should work very well for resonance from the speaker

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: