Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 234 235 [236] 237 238 ... 559   Go Down
Author Topic: Venting.  (Read 1337003 times)
Majobu5
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 0

Agent Zero. No points

« Reply #3525 on: October 01, 2016, 10:06:29 PM »

I used to wear size 12 shoes even a little snug, and the past 2 years, I've seemed to shrunk a size and a half. Pulled out some old 12s and fit perfectly. Who knows

No points, just fist bumps baby!

Noctis
The Luminous Shadow
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 530

Be who you are and say what you feel

« Reply #3526 on: October 02, 2016, 03:56:42 AM »

and that is the opposite issue I am having... all the men shirts I have bought lately have NO room for my shoulders

These are dress shirts, so I wonder if it's the cut?  I buy the "slim fit" ones, but a regular cut is too long for my wrists. 

But buying clothing sucks anyway.  Tongue

Jev Moldara
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1280

The Mad Professor

« Reply #3527 on: October 02, 2016, 05:34:56 PM »

Speaking of footwear, I wear a size 13EEEE shoe. No, that's not a type.

Do you have ANY idea how difficult it is to find shoes that fit me? Well, let me explain...

1) Not many shoe manufacturers get into that size range. So far, I've only found them in Nike, Asics, and Sketchers.

2) The ones that do make that size only do so in limited lines... generally the "basic white" (which I like) or most often the "dear God the neon color clashing is burning out my retinas" variety (which I absolutely LOATHE).

3) Most retailers don't even bother ordering that size, or if they do, it's in extremely small numbers, like 1 or 2 pairs compared the the 50 to 100 pairs of common sizes. Even outlet stores aren't that much better, ordering more of the retina burners than the basics (because the profit margin is higher for them due to MSRP of that particular line and when you have a captive audience, you can't help but make money).

This is just for athletic shoes. I haven't even gone into other areas such as dress shoes (more difficult), boots (even more difficult), and costume footwear (impossible to find... those are always a "settle for different size or order them custom" issue).

For YEARS I settled on ill fitting footwear and paid the price for it (I have consistently recurring ingrown toenails which I remove on a regular basis). Then one day, after a fruitless weekend spent driving all over Houston in search of footwear (seriously, my search began Friday afternoon, went from 7am-10pm Saturday, and then 9am-6pm Sunday WITH NO LUCK), I decided to do a search for shoe stores outside of Houston, fully prepared to make the 4-5 hour drive to Dallas, Austin, or San Antonio to continue the search. It was then that I discovered Zappos.com.

You know that trope in movies where someone finds something awesome and a light shines down on it and you hear a heavenly choir? Yeah, that's a real thing, because I experienced it.

Mad Science means never stopping to ask "What's the worst that could happen?"

Nothing is forgotten. Nothing is ever forgotten.

Majobu5
Knight Commander

Agent Zero. No points

« Reply #3528 on: October 02, 2016, 06:50:27 PM »

Speaking of footwear, I wear a size 13EEEE shoe. No, that's not a type.

Do you have ANY idea how difficult it is to find shoes that fit me? Well, let me explain...

1) Not many shoe manufacturers get into that size range. So far, I've only found them in Nike, Asics, and Sketchers.

2) The ones that do make that size only do so in limited lines... generally the "basic white" (which I like) or most often the "dear God the neon color clashing is burning out my retinas" variety (which I absolutely LOATHE).

3) Most retailers don't even bother ordering that size, or if they do, it's in extremely small numbers, like 1 or 2 pairs compared the the 50 to 100 pairs of common sizes. Even outlet stores aren't that much better, ordering more of the retina burners than the basics (because the profit margin is higher for them due to MSRP of that particular line and when you have a captive audience, you can't help but make money).

This is just for athletic shoes. I haven't even gone into other areas such as dress shoes (more difficult), boots (even more difficult), and costume footwear (impossible to find... those are always a "settle for different size or order them custom" issue).

For YEARS I settled on ill fitting footwear and paid the price for it (I have consistently recurring ingrown toenails which I remove on a regular basis). Then one day, after a fruitless weekend spent driving all over Houston in search of footwear (seriously, my search began Friday afternoon, went from 7am-10pm Saturday, and then 9am-6pm Sunday WITH NO LUCK), I decided to do a search for shoe stores outside of Houston, fully prepared to make the 4-5 hour drive to Dallas, Austin, or San Antonio to continue the search. It was then that I discovered Zappos.com.

You know that trope in movies where someone finds something awesome and a light shines down on it and you hear a heavenly choir? Yeah, that's a real thing, because I experienced it.

I was prepping to hit the quote button when I saw you found them online.
I, too, have to get them online. I buy my work shoes with a composite toe(alternative to steel toe) online, either through Amazon or steel toe shoes.com.
My ex coworker has to go to an extremely wide shoe size, like you. Even alot of the older guys would cut the pinky toe sides of the shoes out to relieve the pressure.
Not a promising future I have to look forward too. Sucks dude, but glad you found an outlet to solve your issue

Master Seblaise
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 838

Avatar from the DarthScrub's factory

« Reply #3529 on: October 02, 2016, 08:30:15 PM »

WE is already finished (at least in my time zone)  Cry

“Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.”

For other free words of wisdom, dial 555-YODA

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #3530 on: October 03, 2016, 01:58:00 AM »

I actually like buying clothes....and shopping in general.  But then, I'm basically a girl, so.....

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Master Seblaise
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 838

Avatar from the DarthScrub's factory

« Reply #3531 on: October 03, 2016, 08:01:02 AM »

I actually like buying clothes....and shopping in general.  But then, I'm basically a girl, so.....

I have less shoes than my 5 YO daughter  Grin

“Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.”

For other free words of wisdom, dial 555-YODA

Obese Wan Kenobese
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 338

Fretful Instigator of the Prismatic Order

« Reply #3532 on: October 03, 2016, 08:54:52 AM »

Interesting to find you're already discussing clothing as I was just planning to vent about it.

Who are these men wearing pants with neither room for junk in the front nor the back? Designers spend too much time with anatomically incorrect mannequins.

Selfish passion is unquenching.
What strength have you when you are a slave to your passions?
What power without strength of character?
To self centered rage, you will be chained.
The dark side is no victory.

The long path to peace is through balanced emotions.
The first step to gaining knowledge is recognizing your own ignorance.
Serenity is patient, not passionate satisfaction.
Find harmony by understanding chaos.
Become one with the force, which will never die.

Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #3533 on: October 03, 2016, 09:12:41 AM »

Interesting to find you're already discussing clothing as I was just planning to vent about it.

Who are these men wearing pants with neither room for junk in the front nor the back? Designers spend too much time with anatomically incorrect mannequins.

One for OWK...

http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=649.msg499166#msg499166

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

Vivectius
Dark Liberator of Lost Posts
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -719

I always feel like he’s judging my posts.

« Reply #3534 on: October 04, 2016, 02:43:35 AM »

Dizziness and vertigo when you're just standing on the ground normally.  And when you lie down and close your eyes, everything tilts and spins in two directions at once.

I'm not enjoying it.  At all.

You only live once. Wrong.
You only die once.  You live every moment of your life.
The question is, are you alive, and living your life? Or just here, and watching your life go by?
------------------------------------------------------------------
I am the bone of my sword
 Steel is my body and fire is my blood
 I have created over a thousand blades
 Unknown to death
 Nor known to life
 Have withstood pain to create many weapons
 Yet those hands will never hold anything
 So, as I pray, Unlimited Blade Works.

Majobu5
Knight Commander

Agent Zero. No points

« Reply #3535 on: October 04, 2016, 02:55:29 AM »

Dizziness and vertigo when you're just standing on the ground normally.  And when you lie down and close your eyes, everything tilts and spins in two directions at once.

I'm not enjoying it.  At all.

Vertigo sucks. I've never had it, but I know some people who tough alot of things out reduced to crap when they get vertigo. I feel for you Viv

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #3536 on: October 04, 2016, 04:47:36 AM »

I have a pair of those. They don't fit around my hips either, but then I'm a bit bigger than average for a guy in that area...

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Jev Moldara
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1280

The Mad Professor

« Reply #3537 on: October 04, 2016, 05:02:33 AM »

I have a pair of those. They don't fit around my hips either, but then I'm a bit bigger than average for a guy in that area...

Sorry about your case of Dikidu Disease...

Mad Science means never stopping to ask "What's the worst that could happen?"

Nothing is forgotten. Nothing is ever forgotten.

Obese Wan Kenobese
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 338

Fretful Instigator of the Prismatic Order

« Reply #3538 on: October 04, 2016, 06:16:04 AM »

I believe these pants were specially formulated for the condition known as pancake butt.

A condition I do not suffer from.

Selfish passion is unquenching.
What strength have you when you are a slave to your passions?
What power without strength of character?
To self centered rage, you will be chained.
The dark side is no victory.

The long path to peace is through balanced emotions.
The first step to gaining knowledge is recognizing your own ignorance.
Serenity is patient, not passionate satisfaction.
Find harmony by understanding chaos.
Become one with the force, which will never die.

Majobu5
Knight Commander

Agent Zero. No points

« Reply #3539 on: October 04, 2016, 11:56:22 AM »

I believe these pants were specially formulated for the condition known as pancake butt.

A condition I do not suffer from.

Damn those pancakes look good. Can't remember the last time I had some..

Pages: 1 ... 234 235 [236] 237 238 ... 559   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: