Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 559   Go Down
Author Topic: Venting.  (Read 1339417 times)
TheHobbitofDune
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 473

« Reply #135 on: November 20, 2012, 12:50:06 AM »

Oh, I'll be getting Halo 4, but I won't abandon you. =P

Oh well. I'll get it eventually. I kind of have to, lol... I'm too in love with Halo. Plus me and my best friend still need to run through the campaign on legendary. It's a tradition that we never break  Cool

TheHobbitofDune
Knight Commander

« Reply #136 on: November 24, 2012, 08:08:19 PM »

Ugh, I hate it when my math professor never tells the class what exactly the next quiz will be about. Seriously, he just tells us to study a couple of chapters, but what part of them am I supposed to study? What am I looking for? I'm not going to waste my time learning things I don't need to know, but I don't know what those things are. I get huge anxiety attacks when this happens. I NEED a structured course outline, not super vague instructions. It's driving me insane right now because I don't know whether to continue studying new sub-sections in these chapters or to just review old sections or to just say, "Screw it" and play Halo: Reach.

He never answers his e-mail either, and he's always "too busy" after class to respond to any questions.

*facepalm*

Manroon
Protector of Abused Dungeon Rancors
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 832

Nova Six, two lit and in the green.

« Reply #137 on: November 24, 2012, 08:53:01 PM »

Sounds like a less than ideal Prof. to me. My sympathies. Undecided

I am not a color...

A Knight can serve only one Master.

TheHobbitofDune
Knight Commander

« Reply #138 on: November 24, 2012, 09:00:18 PM »

Thanks, Manny.

Oh well, I've still got an A in this class, and I've never sunk below a B+ on any of the previous quizzes, so even if I bomb this one it won't matter Cheesy It's the final quiz of the term anyway. Well, final before the finals, which I hopefully won't need to take.

Manroon
Knight Commander

« Reply #139 on: November 24, 2012, 10:19:03 PM »

No probs.

Found sweet thumbscrew. Wrong size for sabers.... *sigh*

I am not a color...

Big Boss
Mandalore
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -323

Galactic basic you nerfherder! Do you speak it!?

« Reply #140 on: November 28, 2012, 04:13:47 AM »

ARRRRRRRRRGGGGGGHHHH! Just finished my college group power point presentation and we went 15mins over the 30min limit. hope we don't get to bad of a grade for going over.   Cry Tongue

One must die and one must live. No victory, no defeat. The survivor will carry on the fight. It is our destiny... The one who survives will inherit the title of Boss.-BIG BASS

TheHobbitofDune
Knight Commander

« Reply #141 on: November 28, 2012, 04:52:10 AM »

That sucks, Boss  Undecided

Also, I think my professor is planning to stuff three chapters of math into the next quiz.

Are you freaking kidding me?

Darth Abaddon
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 96

« Reply #142 on: December 07, 2012, 06:54:54 PM »

I've got one. It happened a while ago but it haunts me and will still haunt me until I put it out there. I've been with the same girl for almost two years. She's amazing. The only flaw is if she tries to cook every smoke detector goes off. She'd burn water trying to boil it. No worries though, I enjoy cooking. Basically what I'm trying to say is she's basically my idea of perfect. Well I had one ex back as a friend after a few years. She tried to get closer and closer to me. I was completely oblivious until she came onto me. I almost cheated on my perfect woman. I didn't though, severed all ties with the ex, and told the current about it. I'm still wracked with guilt over it. Basically I'm constantly looking for some way to atone for it. My lady forgave me instantly and was very understanding but I feel like it's undeserved forgiveness. It happened WELL over a year ago and I still feel guilty about it. Probably always will. I figured I'd write this and decide if it didn't change anything I'd just delete it but I feel a lot better. Nowhere 100% but getting there. I'm fairly religious, not an avid church goer or anything but I know where I stand. Being that way and almost going with temptation scared me a lot. Can't bare to imagine what would have happened if I gave in. Thanks for letting me vent guys.

If anyone ever tries to kill you, you try and kill 'em right back.

TheHobbitofDune
Knight Commander

« Reply #143 on: December 07, 2012, 07:47:11 PM »

I've got one. It happened a while ago but it haunts me and will still haunt me until I put it out there. I've been with the same girl for almost two years. She's amazing. The only flaw is if she tries to cook every smoke detector goes off. She'd burn water trying to boil it. No worries though, I enjoy cooking. Basically what I'm trying to say is she's basically my idea of perfect. Well I had one ex back as a friend after a few years. She tried to get closer and closer to me. I was completely oblivious until she came onto me. I almost cheated on my perfect woman. I didn't though, severed all ties with the ex, and told the current about it. I'm still wracked with guilt over it. Basically I'm constantly looking for some way to atone for it. My lady forgave me instantly and was very understanding but I feel like it's undeserved forgiveness. It happened WELL over a year ago and I still feel guilty about it. Probably always will. I figured I'd write this and decide if it didn't change anything I'd just delete it but I feel a lot better. Nowhere 100% but getting there. I'm fairly religious, not an avid church goer or anything but I know where I stand. Being that way and almost going with temptation scared me a lot. Can't bare to imagine what would have happened if I gave in. Thanks for letting me vent guys.

Feel free to vent whenever you want Smiley

I find that in situations like this, its best to just talk to someone. I mean, actual face-to-face conversations. Just let a good friend know of your plight and see if he/she can offer up any advice.

Also, maybe spend more time with your lady, that could help too.

Not sure what else to say...  Undecided

Darth Abaddon
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 96

« Reply #144 on: December 07, 2012, 08:29:43 PM »

Also, maybe spend more time with your lady, that could help too.

Spent enough time together to make most people lose their minds. I just needed to vent where someone can't stab me in the back.

If anyone ever tries to kill you, you try and kill 'em right back.

Jev Moldara
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1280

The Mad Professor

« Reply #145 on: December 07, 2012, 08:39:28 PM »

Look, man, the facts are simple: You were tempted to cheat, and you resisted. It's that simple.

If you feel guilty because you almost cheated, then remember that you were strong enough to say no.

However, if you feel guilty because you were tempted, then truthfully you need to get over it.

I know it sounds harsh, but I say it for a reason: EVERY man is tempted to cheat. EVERY man will look at other people. EVERY man will entertain lecherous thoughts of another person. It's how men are. What makes the difference is how we ACT on those thoughts. It's no different than thinking how you'd like to kill someone. Thoughts do not equate guilt outside of an Orwell novel or a Tom Cruise movie.

You acted with honor and dignity in this situation. Never forget that.

Mad Science means never stopping to ask "What's the worst that could happen?"

Nothing is forgotten. Nothing is ever forgotten.

Manroon
Knight Commander

« Reply #146 on: December 07, 2012, 08:42:42 PM »

VERY well spoken, Jev! That's excellent advice.

Also, I sent a PM with my own advice, Abaddon. Smiley

I am not a color...

rezeb360
Knight Major

Force Alignment: 60

« Reply #147 on: December 08, 2012, 05:01:28 PM »

And so it begins. My vent to day is of cookies. Every year my mother inlaw and fiance bake way to meny cookies of all difrent types and sizes. Now this to any one would seem wonderful but it is not I asure you. For once they start they don't stop for almost a week. Soon they'll be so meny cookies well have no room to put them. A yes we give them away, but the mother inlaw cant bare to let go of her cookies. And no matter how meny we get rid of, more take there place. We have cookies for so long that they last almost till march.  Tongue By this point I cookied out, and I'm still not looking forward to having no room in the pantry. This year till next. Yes I've asked them not to make so meny but this dose not change. They'll make way to meny and we'll hand them out to friends and family. only to have still way to meny this year till next. Tongue

end vent.

kewlkev360
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 232

« Reply #148 on: December 08, 2012, 05:08:31 PM »

And so it begins. My vent to day is of cookies. Every year my mother inlaw and fiance bake way to meny cookies of all difrent types and sizes. Now this to any one would seem wonderful but it is not I asure you. For once they start they don't stop for almost a week. Soon they'll be so meny cookies well have no room to put them. A yes we give them away, but the mother inlaw cant bare to let go of her cookies. And no matter how meny we get rid of, more take there place. We have cookies for so long that they last almost till march.  Tongue By this point I cookied out, and I'm still not looking forward to having no room in the pantry. This year till next. Yes I've asked them not to make so meny but this dose not change. They'll make way to meny and we'll hand them out to friends and family. only to have still way to meny this year till next. Tongue

end vent.

I hear that the Saberforum likes cookies...

rezeb360
Knight Major

Force Alignment: 60

« Reply #149 on: December 08, 2012, 10:21:16 PM »

Well...I just might have said some thing to day that might have worked, in stopping the cookie hoarders. But as I fear there it is all ready  to late. They have 3, 1 1/2 lb bins full of cookies, and enough cookie dough to put the kebler elves out of business. so if it works and cookie progress doesn't continue. I'll stop venting. If not... well I'll be sending cookies out and if you all want some I just might think about sending some to you all after the first of the year. So if you are interested, send me a pm if you want cookies. Keep in mind that only if we have cookies left then I'll send. Plus they'll cost packaging, shipping, and handling. Grin

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 559   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: