Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 118 119 [120] 121 122 ... 153   Go Down
Author Topic: The Guns Thread  (Read 470492 times)
JEStucker
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 340

Founder - The Underfunded Force (Light Points)

« Reply #1785 on: July 23, 2018, 07:12:09 PM »

.22s are fun to shoot, but honestly, I prefer my .17. Just a bit smaller, but absolutely gorgeous and fun gun to shoot.

I love .22LR, just have a hard time finding it in stock (still) or at a reasonable price... though I am seeing prices coming back to what it was 5 short years ago... CheaperThanDirt has some Federal 525 count boxes currently for under $26.00, so it's starting to balance again.

I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar!

Dominix v2 Fire Orange
Aeon v3 Guardian Blue/Obsidian

Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #1786 on: July 24, 2018, 02:36:58 AM »

I've actually fired .22s before too. Smiley

I already have so many things to spend funds on, it's nice to see something come down in price for a change.

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

Ultra
Lord Commander
Administrator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1765

IN HOC SIGNO VINCES

« Reply #1787 on: July 24, 2018, 04:56:28 AM »

To find the best prices on 22LR or any other ammo:

http://www.wikiarms.com/group/22LR

tx_tuff
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1075

« Reply #1788 on: July 24, 2018, 03:42:10 AM »

Can any of us come shot at your range Ultra? Smiley

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Ultra
Lord Commander
Administrator
Knight Commander

IN HOC SIGNO VINCES

« Reply #1789 on: July 24, 2018, 09:35:58 PM »

Can any of us come shot at your range Ultra? Smiley

I'd love to have you come shoot with me! Might want to wait until we stop having triple digit weather, though.  Cheesy

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1152

Light side points please.

« Reply #1790 on: July 24, 2018, 09:38:52 PM »

Woot!  Thank the LORD for air conditioned indoor ranges!  :-)

I also have a couple of .22 rifles and a .22 pistol, fun to shoot and very economical.  I really don't know how much .22 ammo costs, I inherited about 300 boxes (50 rd boxes) from my dad, he bought them about 20 years ago in some kind of massive sale...

Yes.  That's 300 x 50 = 15,000 .22LR rounds.  :-)  Man, I hope we don't have a fire...

signature picture by DarthScrub

Master Singer of the Mak'Tor

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #1791 on: July 24, 2018, 10:22:23 PM »

Air conditioned ranges are no fun!

Tough it out like the strong men I know you are. Wink

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

tx_tuff
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1075

« Reply #1792 on: July 25, 2018, 10:47:26 AM »

I'd love to have you come shoot with me! Might want to wait until we stop having triple digit weather, though.  Cheesy
No doubt about that!

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Frizzenflyer
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 271

Triple Ace

« Reply #1793 on: July 25, 2018, 12:57:29 PM »

I'll bring some of my more interesting firearms, I will just have to find ammo for them. How do you feel about mortars?

"we did it first, and we did it old school... none of them fancy Incom T-65 X-Wings... we had ARC-170's and Z-95's... we had to work for our kills."~Jestucker

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #1794 on: July 25, 2018, 06:47:40 AM »

I'll bring some of my more interesting firearms, I will just have to find ammo for them. How do you feel about mortars?

Mortars?  Excellent close-support weapons but all things considered I prefer straight-up tube artillery...

Wait.  You mean you have one?  Awesome!

Frizzenflyer
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 271

Triple Ace

« Reply #1795 on: July 25, 2018, 12:28:13 PM »

Mortars?  Excellent close-support weapons but all things considered I prefer straight-up tube artillery...

Wait.  You mean you have one?  Awesome!

its a little tiny one, but yeah.

"we did it first, and we did it old school... none of them fancy Incom T-65 X-Wings... we had ARC-170's and Z-95's... we had to work for our kills."~Jestucker

Darth Silenoz
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1287

Sith Juggernaut

« Reply #1796 on: July 25, 2018, 07:44:37 PM »

its a little tiny one, but yeah.

That is awesome!

So I'm moving this week, and the town I'm moving to has a couple of ranges. I've been learning a lot in this thread. Thanks guys.
I'm hoping to get a handgun eventually when money isn't so tight (I've always wanted one). I would like something economical to shoot but that can double has a home defense weapon if necessary. Two years ago I was debating between a Glock and a Springfield XD. I liked the feel of the Springfield more than the Glock, but they were both nice (and affordable). I find what Ultra said about hammer vs striker-fired very interesting in regards to range shooting. I never thought about it that way. Any suggestions on caliber and models would be greatly appreciated. I've never used them, but really like the look and feel of 1911's and HK USP's but they are way too expensive for me.
Oh yeah, I live in Cali so max capacity for any handgun regardless of caliber is 10 rounds. Undecided  

"I believe it is quite possible to misbehave while still employing good manners." - Darth Logos

"There are too many stupid people, and I do not have enough patience for a whole universe of bozos." - Lady Revan

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #1797 on: July 26, 2018, 05:53:09 PM »

That is awesome!

So I'm moving this week, and the town I'm moving to has a couple of ranges. I've been learning a lot in this thread. Thanks guys.
I'm hoping to get a handgun eventually when money isn't so tight (I've always wanted one). I would like something economical to shoot but that can double has a home defense weapon if necessary. Two years ago I was debating between a Glock and a Springfield XD. I liked the feel of the Springfield more than the Glock, but they were both nice (and affordable). I find what Ultra said about hammer vs striker-fired very interesting in regards to range shooting. I never thought about it that way. Any suggestions on caliber and models would be greatly appreciated. I've never used them, but really like the look and feel of 1911's and HK USP's but they are way too expensive for me.
Oh yeah, I live in Cali so max capacity for any handgun regardless of caliber is 10 rounds. Undecided  

Move out of the People's Republic of California, before they build a wall to keep y'all IN....

Personally, I like the Springfield XD in 9mm.  9mm is very affordable to shoot and still has adequate stopping power for self defense.  On the other hand, you're already limited to 10rd max capacity on your magazines, so you might as well go for the XD in .45APC or 10mm.  Its a little more expensive to shoot but you get a LOT more stopping power.  I am partial to the .45 but that's more due to my own experience than any objective measure.  10mm is a great round, too, I just don't have anything that shoots it.

The Springfield XD pistols are very good carry pistols, however.  Reliable, safe and easy to use.

Lady Agana Kath
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -2130

Go Red or Go Home

« Reply #1798 on: July 26, 2018, 10:56:06 AM »

Move out of the People's Republic of California, before they build a wall to keep y'all IN....
You get a point for that Kam  Cheesy

Current Collection: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=36545.0   Want List: Menace CE, Graflex SE   
Darkside Points Please

Ultra
Lord Commander
Administrator
Knight Commander

IN HOC SIGNO VINCES

« Reply #1799 on: July 26, 2018, 06:08:45 PM »

The 9th Circuit Court just ruled that California's ban of magazines over 10 rounds is unconstitutional. I'm sure it will be appealed, but the Supreme Court will certainly uphold that decision, which will overturn magazine capacity bans nationwide, not just in Cali. So you likely won't have to worry about that dumb law much longer.

I really had to double take when I read that headline. The Nutty 9th Circus Court ruled in favor of the 2nd amendment?!? Imagine that.

Pages: 1 ... 118 119 [120] 121 122 ... 153   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: