Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Author Topic: Darth Vader VS Gandalf  (Read 6433 times)
Big Boss
Mandalore
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -323

Galactic basic you nerfherder! Do you speak it!?

« on: August 17, 2012, 02:10:12 PM »

Saw this on another forum and thought i would post it here as well.  Smiley
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GwP2vnQCoho" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GwP2vnQCoho</a>

One must die and one must live. No victory, no defeat. The survivor will carry on the fight. It is our destiny... The one who survives will inherit the title of Boss.-BIG BASS

darth tratus
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -241

« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2012, 03:31:38 PM »

Darth Vader would definitely win. Good find!

Veldryne
The Second Chosen One
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 268

" Kind hearted jerk"

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2012, 04:31:28 PM »

they also did batman vs wolverine, and of course wolverine won, healing factor and adamantium skeleton ftw

"Corellians... no wonder the other Jedi didn't want you leaving your system."
"The rest of you were just afraid we wouldn't leave anything for you to do after we were done."
Luke & Corran (I,J)

Kaiden Shardsbane
RP Training Mod
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -245

Inactive Member

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2012, 05:21:09 PM »

No, no, no...

People always forget that Gandalf is a demigod in that world.  Mithrandir is his real name, I believe.

Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1641

Suns of the Force

« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2012, 06:16:07 PM »

No, no, no...

People always forget that Gandalf is a demigod in that world.  Mithrandir is his real name, I believe.

Mithrandir was the elven name for him, I believe it meant Grey Pilgrim (or Grey something).  You're right though, he was seriously powerful... not to mention one of the oldest characters in the series.  Only thing is that he doesn't often use his powers directly, instead he usually motivated the residents of Middle Earth to take action themselves.  Which makes sense in context, but makes it difficult to measure his power against Vader.

Awesome video though.  I'll admit at first I was like, "oh man this looks corny..." but I kept watching, and it was really well done!  The use of Anakin Skywalker via illusion was especially interesting.

Veldryne
The Second Chosen One
Knight Commander

" Kind hearted jerk"

« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2012, 06:22:51 PM »

yeah and looked more believeable than hayden christiansen

"The rest of you were just afraid we wouldn't leave anything for you to do after we were done."
Luke & Corran (I,J)

MrJediMan
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 3

« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2012, 11:48:58 PM »

Warning: By enjoying this Video, you hereby agree that you are a Nerd. A BIG nerd

(Not a real SWTOR character)
Light side pointsh pleashe

jmPlagueis
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 153

Saber Tinkerer

« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2012, 11:57:35 PM »

Warning: By enjoying this Video, you hereby agree that you are a Nerd. A BIG nerd

Bingo.

But I am glad Vader won. It's really a close call though, The Force and magic/sorcery are always close competitors.

Kaiden Shardsbane
RP Training Mod
Knight Commander

Inactive Member

« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2012, 12:03:56 AM »

Mithrandir was the elven name for him, I believe it meant Grey Pilgrim (or Grey something).  You're right though, he was seriously powerful... not to mention one of the oldest characters in the series.  Only thing is that he doesn't often use his powers directly, instead he usually motivated the residents of Middle Earth to take action themselves.  Which makes sense in context, but makes it difficult to measure his power against Vader.

I remember reading that Gandalf wasn't allowed to show his true power before the races of Middle Earth, lest they worship him as a god.  But when trying to gauge his power, I always look to the Balrog.

He fought this thing for twelve days.  And we all know how powerful the Balrog is (or seems, at least).  I don't think many people would put Vader over the Balrog in a straight fight.  So let's not kill Gandalf just yet, eh?

Veldryne
The Second Chosen One
Knight Commander

" Kind hearted jerk"

« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2012, 12:12:07 AM »

Eh id put vader over the balrog, just cause we never saw him really cut loose in the movies, doesnt mean he cant.

That and he was the only one other than just clones doing the purging in the temple. True most of the masters were gone, but the temple had a lot of jedi in it, discounting the younglings you think they would have been able to team up and take him down.

That they didnt, just goes to show he has reserves that he can tap into.

Luke & Corran (I,J)

jmPlagueis
Knight Commander

Saber Tinkerer

« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2012, 12:15:11 AM »

Eh id put vader over the balrog, just cause we never saw him really cut loose in the movies, doesnt mean he cant.

That and he was the only one other than just clones doing the purging in the temple. True most of the masters were gone, but the temple had a lot of jedi in it, discounting the younglings you think they would have been able to team up and take him down.

That they didnt, just goes to show he has reserves that he can tap into.

Valid argument.

Veldryne
The Second Chosen One
Knight Commander

" Kind hearted jerk"

« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2012, 12:15:47 AM »

Valid argument.

Lol, I do make them from time to time. Its rare, but its been known to happen.

Luke & Corran (I,J)

jmPlagueis
Knight Commander

Saber Tinkerer

« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2012, 12:17:47 AM »

Haha Im the same way

Kaiden Shardsbane
RP Training Mod
Knight Commander

Inactive Member

« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2012, 02:21:32 AM »

Gandalf came back from the dead.  Not "almost died".  Dead.  Perished.  Went to the void and returned stronger than ever.

I rest my case.

jmPlagueis
Knight Commander

Saber Tinkerer

« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2012, 03:23:06 AM »

Vader killed the Emperor. Brought balance to the force and basically set Luke up to start a new order. I think that's pretty cool  Grin

Lol in all honesty Im not a real big LOTR fan anymore, so Im bias. However, I just might go see the Hobbit for the sake of nostalgia.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: