Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 583   Go Down
Author Topic: Suggestion Box/Wishlist: what do we want from Ultrasabers?  (Read 1543861 times)
Hakkonen
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #945 on: November 01, 2012, 09:21:06 PM »

Tell you what partner, I am not getting into an argument with you about this.  If you have a picture of bright brass and it is listed as gunmetal, then please post it.  I have never seen a gun that looks like bright brass that was functional.  

Wikipedia can be edited by anyone that is a member and if it cannot be used to source a research paper, I don't see it as a valid source.  On the wikipedia page, the definition has three sources that link directly to encyclopedias.  The pic has zero sourcing.

You choosing to be contrary is not the same as me not providing a reference.  Gunmetal, as described in Dirac Delta, Encyclopedia.com, and the Encyclopedia Britannica, is an alloy sharing common components with both bronze (copper and tin) and brass (copper and zinc).  Therefore, it is entirely plausible that it would resemble both bronze and brass, as shown in the Wikipedia image.  Just because you have a knee-jerk aversion to Wikipedia doesn't mean everything on it is automatically questionable.

Also, the image does, in fact, have "sourcing," as you might have discovered by clicking on it.  It's attributed to the Deutsches Kupferinstitut (German Copper Institute, or Copper Institute of Germany; I'm a little fuzzy on my German syntax), who presumably know a thing or two about copper alloys.

Manroon
Protector of Abused Dungeon Rancors
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 832

Nova Six, two lit and in the green.

« Reply #946 on: November 01, 2012, 09:33:15 PM »

Mod stepping in to nix this line of discussion. We're getting too far off topic with too much potential for hostility here. Let's return to the original topic now, please. Smiley

Someone mentioned power meters awhile back. I'd love that. I'd REALLY love that. Actually, I think it's right up there with In Hilt Recharge for me as a mega-feature.

I am not a color...

A Knight can serve only one Master.

eerockk
Knight of the Obsidian Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 662

TPLA Lx Apprentice - Nova 7

« Reply #947 on: November 01, 2012, 09:35:53 PM »

Actually, I think it's right up there with In Hilt Recharge for me as a mega-feature.

This would eliminate my only source of worry about my saber - pulling out the battery compartment (every day or two days) to swap the batteries. Point for that suggestion!

Bellicose - Prophecy V3 - Overlord - Archon 2.1 - Guardian

Theron
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 7

« Reply #948 on: November 01, 2012, 10:21:08 PM »

What I'd REALLY love to see...
in-hilt recharge
blade idle flickering effect [that can be turned off if wanted]
And a Darth Vader higher-end influenced saber (higher end meaning up there with the Graflex CE/SE, Guardian, etc)

Fgnar
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 2

« Reply #949 on: November 01, 2012, 10:30:00 PM »

AV switch availability without needing sound please!

Lightside points please!

Manroon
Knight Commander

« Reply #950 on: November 01, 2012, 11:04:26 PM »

This would eliminate my only source of worry about my saber - pulling out the battery compartment (every day or two days) to swap the batteries. Point for that suggestion!

Yeah, I hate having to pull out the batts. Only thing I have that seems to work is a flathead screwdriver (I tried electrical tape tabs to pull them out but all it did was stretch and make it harder to get the battery pack out of the hilt lol) and it scares me to death using that to get them out for obvious reasons.

I am not a color...

Sky Dragon c5
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1

Grey Jedi Assassin

« Reply #951 on: November 01, 2012, 11:17:04 PM »

I fond the tape works great in the middle of the battery

Keep me as a Grey Jedi Please

C=Custom, D=Dark

Rd Reaper AS, Archon V2.1 AB, Consular CG, Malice BR, Overlord PO, Shock LE SY, D Shock DVA, D Liberator AS, Raven FO, D War EG, C Manticore BH, C D Shock RGB, C D Arbiter SR, C Archon V2.

Manroon
Knight Commander

« Reply #952 on: November 01, 2012, 11:18:40 PM »

I tried that, but I'm pretty sure I had overly stretchy tape/messed up putting it on, but either way it seemed to make it a much tighter fit inside the hilt which I didn't like. I hate having to use the pencil method to extract battery packs almost as much as I hate the screwdriver method of extracting batteries. lol

I am not a color...

Sky Dragon c5
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1

Grey Jedi Assassin

« Reply #953 on: November 01, 2012, 11:22:04 PM »

Maybe you just need a stringer tape. Hmm.

I still prefer batteries over a rechargeable unit because I can carry extra batteries to cons.

Keep me as a Grey Jedi Please

C=Custom, D=Dark

Rd Reaper AS, Archon V2.1 AB, Consular CG, Malice BR, Overlord PO, Shock LE SY, D Shock DVA, D Liberator AS, Raven FO, D War EG, C Manticore BH, C D Shock RGB, C D Arbiter SR, C Archon V2.

Jabari
Knight Major

Force Alignment: 57

« Reply #954 on: November 02, 2012, 12:51:19 AM »

My brother made both of us folded pieces of duct tape as a tab to get the batteries out.  It's about a quarter inch wide and 5 inches long, just lays under the batteries.  You pull up on both ends and it pops both batteries out.  Works pretty well.  I'm not at home, otherwise I'd take a picture.

Manroon
Knight Commander

« Reply #955 on: November 02, 2012, 01:24:00 AM »

Hmmm..... that might work. I had been using electrical tape on the battery itself. This may have been the root of my problem.

I am not a color...

Darth Nekesus
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -164

Resident Zabrak and LoL addict.

« Reply #956 on: November 02, 2012, 03:11:15 AM »

Hmmm..... that might work. I had been using electrical tape on the battery itself. This may have been the root of my problem.

Well it depends on the setup you have. if you have obsidian then the best way i've heard is to use a guitar pick but i know another way im just not sure if it would work.  if you dont have obsidian then you can really just take them out using a finger nail.

"At last we will reveal ourselves to the Jedi. At last we will have revenge"
-Darth Maul-

DVA and CG Phantom V3 LE
Custom Painted SRD Aeon V2
Overlord with Obsidian and Emerald

Jabari
Knight Major

Force Alignment: 57

« Reply #957 on: November 02, 2012, 03:44:21 AM »

Here's the tape setup I was talking about.  The red tape is thin enough to fit in the notches on the battery holder.  The batteries pop out quite easily - hold down the center and pull the ends of the tape.

Abraxus
Knight Major

Force Alignment: -32

« Reply #958 on: November 02, 2012, 03:12:46 PM »

I am going to give that a try!  Beats how I have been doing it.  I still long for a charging port option, so I don't have to remove the batteries until they need to be completely replaced.  But, short of that, this will suffice.

My Collection
------------
Dark Prophecy (Consular Green)
Archon V2 (Blazing Red/Arctic Blue)
Raven (Violet Amethyst)
Initiate V3 (Guardian Blue)

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2034

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #959 on: November 02, 2012, 04:14:26 PM »

More AOTC arena scene style sabers or clan sabers. Just a thought. Tongue I like the designs of the Dominix and Aeon V3's. That's why I wen't for one for the AOTC arena scene look.

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 583   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: