Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 583   Go Down
Author Topic: Suggestion Box/Wishlist: what do we want from Ultrasabers?  (Read 1545180 times)
4stringjedi
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 9

Scruffy Looking Nerf Herder

« Reply #900 on: October 19, 2012, 03:13:04 PM »

I think they should make a light side lightsaber from the old republic game since the mad a sith saber from the old republic game. im just sayin
This.
Either the Ven Zallow saber or the standard saber that force users first get would basically make me squeal like a girl...

Lightside if you like point giving Smiley

jedimasta556
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: -13

Should I Listen?

« Reply #901 on: October 19, 2012, 03:15:54 PM »

A Super Awesome Sith Saber

Dark Side Points Are Like Pie To Me. (I LOVE Pie!!) Give Me Dark Side Points. GIVE. THEM. TO. ME. NOW!!!!!!

Cainin Jair
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #902 on: October 23, 2012, 05:51:49 PM »

I think the more advanced (expensive) designs look wonderful, but the more basic designs are just meh.  Surely there is a way to provide a reasonably priced lower end saber that looks more intersting than a piece of aluminum pipe.

More colors for the LEDs, lower cost on sound, more intersting activation buttons as standard on sabers and more customization options would all be on my list of improvements.

..My two cents...

RLYHYPERGUY
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 178

« Reply #903 on: October 23, 2012, 06:39:14 PM »

I think the more advanced (expensive) designs look wonderful, but the more basic designs are just meh.  Surely there is a way to provide a reasonably priced lower end saber that looks more intersting than a piece of aluminum pipe.

More colors for the LEDs, lower cost on sound, more intersting activation buttons as standard on sabers and more customization options would all be on my list of improvements.

..My two cents...

I concur.

Master Bluespike74
Guardian Prime
Vanguard of the Azure Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 977

As long as there is light, I will be here.

« Reply #904 on: October 23, 2012, 07:54:30 PM »

Thumb screws available from Ultrasabers to use for holding blades in place but allows for quick removal of the blade.  I bought from another company once and it broke off in the emitter.  I was very fortunate to be able to get is removed without damaging the threads.  Without getting into too much detail, if US says the thumb screw is metal, it is metal.

Guided by the Aing Tii Monks

Shodan in Shaolin Kempo Karate/Kung Fu/Jiu Jitsu

Yes, I am a color:  BLUE

CZ3RO
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -178

"There were lessons the Jedi couldn't teach me."

« Reply #905 on: October 23, 2012, 08:37:58 PM »

Thumb screws available from Ultrasabers to use for holding blades in place but allows for quick removal of the blade.  I bought from another company once and it broke off in the emitter.  I was very fortunate to be able to get is removed without damaging the threads.  Without getting into too much detail, if US says the thumb screw is metal, it is metal.

Could also have them machined with some little details to make'em more Star Warsy.  My sabers have thumbscrews, I hated needing to look for an Allen wrench all the time - for costuming I'm always swapping between blade and plug.

Also, /bump for the Overlord pommel available as stand-alone or with the basic V3s - that pommel with the giant hole just doesn't seem right to me.

Oh, another thought since I'm thinking about holes - more interesting vent designs instead of the salt-shaker holes in pommels like the Catalyst and Shock.

.ZERO.

"The Jedi and their 'Order' betrayed the Chancellor and the Republic - hunting them down isn't about revenge; this is justice."
- Fane Cinden, Imperial Inquisitioner

Manroon
Protector of Abused Dungeon Rancors
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 832

Nova Six, two lit and in the green.

« Reply #906 on: October 23, 2012, 08:39:22 PM »

Indeed. I'd enjoy seeing some thumbscrew options. TBH I wouldn't mind something like what Blue described, or something like on the Prophecy but with different styles of thumbscrew. One of my favorite things about the prophecy is that the thumbscrews, though faux, cover up the retention bolts. That just makes for a finishing touch to me, takes away the last little thing about the saber that 'wouldn't be there' on the real thing.

I am not a color...

A Knight can serve only one Master.

eerockk
Knight of the Obsidian Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 662

TPLA Lx Apprentice - Nova 7

« Reply #907 on: October 23, 2012, 09:30:27 PM »

Thumbscrews wouldn't help with blade holders, but I know I use them for my computer stuff and they make life a lot easier!

Bellicose - Prophecy V3 - Overlord - Archon 2.1 - Guardian

Siphyl
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 3

« Reply #908 on: October 23, 2012, 09:37:30 PM »

I know someone's probably mentioned this, but, black sabers.  Grin Or atleast black cores, maybe through the use of blacklit LED's?  Huh

Luna
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 550

This land is peaceful, its inhabitants kind...

« Reply #909 on: October 23, 2012, 10:30:43 PM »

I know someone's probably mentioned this, but, black sabers.  Grin Or atleast black cores, maybe through the use of blacklit LED's?  Huh

http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=8539.0

For your reading/posting pleasure Cool

no

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2034

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #910 on: October 24, 2012, 07:16:26 AM »

Dark Prophecy V3 LE? Atleast for awhile like the V2 version. I just loved that saber. The Prophecy is growing more on me.

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

Luna
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 550

This land is peaceful, its inhabitants kind...

« Reply #911 on: October 24, 2012, 05:24:01 PM »

Dark Prophecy V3 LE? Atleast for awhile like the V2 version. I just loved that saber. The Prophecy is growing more on me.

This. We needs it, yes we do!

no

Manroon
Protector of Abused Dungeon Rancors
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 832

Nova Six, two lit and in the green.

« Reply #912 on: October 24, 2012, 06:00:20 PM »

Manroon Concurs, a Dark Prophecy V3 LE is needed. Specifically at some point in the middle of next year when I MIGHT be able to afford one. LOL

I am not a color...

A Knight can serve only one Master.

DarthGM
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: -12

« Reply #913 on: October 24, 2012, 06:27:59 PM »

A vote again for an "Old Ben" style hilt

Latching AV switch options for stunt sabers (require Li-ion batteries, I don't mind)

Thumbscrew blade-retention options

Options for Anodized Pommels and Emmiters; I think some of the MHS pommels and some of the emitters would look great in gold, or bronze, or deep green, or navy blue, or blood red.  I know the fully anodized hilts in red and blue didn't sell well, and became Grab Bag fodder, but I think they may have been "too much blue", and "too much red".  Offer accents in alternate colors and I think it could be a hit. 

Even offering more metallic choices may get more people going for it, but would it be worth US's time?  That I don't know.

Alderaan Base XO, Rebel Legion
Blogger of
Fragments from the Rim, a Star Wars gaming and costuming blog
Arsenal: BR Bane, BR Aeon v2 LE, BR Malice, FO Phantasm Initiate v3 LE

jjpprob
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 14

« Reply #914 on: October 25, 2012, 08:46:20 AM »

Options for Anodized Pommels and Emmiters; I think some of the MHS pommels and some of the emitters would look great in gold, or bronze, or deep green, or navy blue, or blood red.  I know the fully anodized hilts in red and blue didn't sell well, and became Grab Bag fodder, but I think they may have been "too much blue", and "too much red".  Offer accents in alternate colors and I think it could be a hit. 

Even offering more metallic choices may get more people going for it, but would it be worth US's time?  That I don't know.

The issue with anodised hilts is that in order for them to be affordable, they have to do quite a huge order. They can't just get one anodised whenever somebody orders one, the cost would skyrocket, so because of that they would need to know in advance that all the ones they're anodising will be sold - that's why every single grab bag was a blue or red anodised saber for ages, they'd had to do a huge batch and they'd not sold. If you could find loads of people who wanted the same anodising, I guess it's possible they'd be able to do it, but I wouldn't count on it.

Sabers I own:
Arctic Blue Aeon v3 Stunt

Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 583   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: