Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 179 180 [181] 182 183 ... 583   Go Down
Author Topic: Suggestion Box/Wishlist: what do we want from Ultrasabers?  (Read 1535363 times)
Kal-El
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 97

Demon with the face of an Angel

« Reply #2700 on: April 06, 2014, 07:39:05 AM »

Perfect timing on the video! I couldn't have said it any better.

Lightside points if any are given

Calem Rhode
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 4

« Reply #2701 on: April 06, 2014, 06:12:11 PM »

I would very much like to see the LE versions of Prophecy V3 and Dark Prophecy V3.

I don't want to hear about your (insert colour here) Jedi stuff so please keep it to yourself.

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2034

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #2702 on: April 07, 2014, 10:27:47 AM »

@Calem. Same here. Would be nice to bring that option back again.

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

Vixus PriX
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -73

The only sober Hawk Bat

« Reply #2703 on: April 07, 2014, 07:03:38 PM »

I think a version of the light sided savers with black rings. sort of how the dark LE sabers are black with silver rings, but inverse. I don't like the silver with gold, but I think some light sided sabers with a touch of dark would be a nice complement to the other LE sabers.

For example:
the Initiate LE could have the options of Gold trim, or Black Trim
and
the Dark Initiate can have Gold trim, or Silver trim

is a simple request since we already have those options, they're just not applied to the other aligned saber.

and to push some buttons:
We also need curved hilts.

arsenal:
Dark Initiate (V3) Twin Pair
Wishlist: (all V3)
Dominix LE (silver) W. Sound, saber pike parts, Flamberge V2.

sandman
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: -52

Dark Side points please

« Reply #2704 on: April 07, 2014, 07:07:06 PM »

What about O-rings in general? In multiple colors. That would allow more customization options for sure.

Inventory:
- Dark Shock (Emerald)
- Consular (Emerald)

Wishlist:
- Catalyst
- Manticore

Vixus PriX
Knight Commander

The only sober Hawk Bat

« Reply #2705 on: April 07, 2014, 07:22:57 PM »

that works to. Cheesy

arsenal:

Aurick
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 137

« Reply #2706 on: April 08, 2014, 12:25:07 AM »

Vixus you sly dog you slipping in a curved hilt remark.... Shame on you and your house... Grin

Liberator V3 VA
Dominix V3 GB
Dark Iniatiate V2 LE in FO (sons)
Iniatiate V2 in SRD (daughters)
Dark initiate V3 LE in CG (daughters)
Archon V2.1 CG/FO
Dark shock (emerald) custom
Standard Issue in CG
Dominix V2 LE in BR

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1152

Light side points please.

« Reply #2707 on: April 08, 2014, 03:00:11 PM »

I would like to see an option to get an "end cap" that you can put on one side of a coupler.  I have found that my vented coupler from my Phantom V3 staff also works well as a pommel/extention when I'm using the hilt as a single saber, perfectly balancing the 36" HG blade in "single mode".  Also saves time on re-assembling the staff, but that's a very minor detail.  :-)

What I would love would be a cap I could screw onto the bottom side of the coupler to give it a finished look and protect the threads of the coupler itself.  Or even just a soft rubber end-cap like the ones they use on spare blades, but sized for the coupler. 

Thanks!

signature picture by DarthScrub

Master Singer of the Mak'Tor

Vixus PriX
Knight Commander

The only sober Hawk Bat

« Reply #2708 on: April 08, 2014, 03:09:31 PM »

Vixus you sly dog you slipping in a curved hilt remark.... Shame on you and your house... Grin
Ouch. Those words are quite acidic.
I think that a multi-way coupler would be cool, it would allow three or four sabers to be coupled into a sort of fan, as well as giving the option of having the saber like Maris Brood that people occasionally ogle about.

arsenal:

Xaeyon
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 129

読めるなら、連絡ください

« Reply #2709 on: April 08, 2014, 04:00:16 PM »

I would like to see an option to get an "end cap" that you can put on one side of a coupler.  I have found that my vented coupler from my Phantom V3 staff also works well as a pommel/extention when I'm using the hilt as a single saber, perfectly balancing the 36" HG blade in "single mode".  Also saves time on re-assembling the staff, but that's a very minor detail.  :-)

What I would love would be a cap I could screw onto the bottom side of the coupler to give it a finished look and protect the threads of the coupler itself.  Or even just a soft rubber end-cap like the ones they use on spare blades, but sized for the coupler. 

Thanks!

OH OH OH OH! THIS ^^^^^^
the couplers would make nice pommels

GCW RP - Bothan Spc Tharu Tyy'n

Catalyst (CG) - Prophecy (VA) - The Beast (no blade)
Reading Textbooks; Playing Pokemon Alpha Sapphire

Darinus
Knight Arbiter

Force Alignment: 25

« Reply #2710 on: April 08, 2014, 04:13:38 PM »

How about a quick disconnecting coupler? Then it would be easy to switch from dual wielding to a staff without having to unscrew anything.

My current collection:
Initiate V3 in VA (lightly customized)
Phantom V2 in FO & CG
Dominix V3 LE in GB (grab bag pull)

Wish List:
Shock or Dark Shock in DVA
Manticore in EG
Raven SS in PO or BR
Guardian in GB
Graflex in AB
Prophecy in Undecided

Racona Nova
Knight of the Obsidian Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1116

There is no good or evil....there's only power!

« Reply #2711 on: April 08, 2014, 05:35:47 PM »

I think this might be an update or mod of the recently released adjustable couplers. Not that difficult, although I have NO idea how to do this w/o weakening the connection to a point where disconnects can occur by accident or when applying a bit more force, especially in heavy strikes. Maybe some kind of screwable disconnect, but not the way you unscrew emitters or pommels...I think of a slight counterrotation of both sabers near the coupler. Best would be a coupler that has some kind of locking knob or pin so that you can't unscrew it by accident, but still have the ability to easily push the pin inside to unlock the mechanism so that you can separate your staff. So you have two sequential security mechanisms - only when both mechanisms are activated you can separate your staff.

Only a thought...what do you think?
« Last Edit: April 08, 2014, 05:43:26 PM by Racona Nova » Logged

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1152

Light side points please.

« Reply #2712 on: April 08, 2014, 05:44:34 PM »

I think this might be an update or mod of the recently released adjustable couplers. Not that difficult, although I have NO idea how to do this w/o weakening the connection to a point where disconnects can occur by accident or when applying a bit more force, especially in heavy strikes. Maybe some kind of screwable disconnect, but not the way you unscrew emitters or pommels...I think of a slight counterrotation of both sabers near the coupler. Best would be a coupler that has some kind of locking knob or pin so that you can't unscrew it by accident, but still have the ability to easily push the pin inside to unlock the mechanism so that you can separate your staff. So you have two sequential security mechanisms - only when both mechanisms are activated you can separate your staff.

Similar to something I had suggested before.  A modification of an adjustable coupler with a bayonet-style lug attachment.  It could be locked in place with a spring-loaded push-down pin similar to the way many folding table legs are locked in place.

signature picture by DarthScrub

Master Singer of the Mak'Tor

Racona Nova
Knight of the Obsidian Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1116

There is no good or evil....there's only power!

« Reply #2713 on: April 08, 2014, 05:49:23 PM »

Oh, I must have missed that. But yes, that was the base for my thought, too.

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

Darinus
Knight Arbiter

Force Alignment: 25

« Reply #2714 on: April 08, 2014, 07:42:29 PM »

Good ideas. Mine was something along the lines of it having one of those spring-loaded buttons on either side  that you have to push to connect or disconnect them, and it fits into a channel that is shaped like a Z with 90-degree angles. That way you have to push the buttons in and twist to get it to come apart.
Those buttons are on things like exercise equipment to adjust metal crutches to adjust them, when it lines up with the hole the button pops out to lock it in place.

My current collection:
Initiate V3 in VA (lightly customized)
Phantom V2 in FO & CG
Dominix V3 LE in GB (grab bag pull)

Wish List:
Shock or Dark Shock in DVA
Manticore in EG
Raven SS in PO or BR
Guardian in GB
Graflex in AB
Prophecy in Undecided

Pages: 1 ... 179 180 [181] 182 183 ... 583   Go Up