Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 95 96 [97] 98 99 ... 583   Go Down
Author Topic: Suggestion Box/Wishlist: what do we want from Ultrasabers?  (Read 1534557 times)
Schtuperman
Knight Captain

Force Alignment: 84

« Reply #1440 on: April 28, 2013, 04:05:49 PM »

The "35 cents per pound" was a scrap price from when I was a kid, but the $3.19 per pound was the price of raw refined copper on Friday, April 26, 2013.  Obviously this is the price of the raw material, and doesn't include the cost of manufacturing it into pipes or anything else of value.  They still sell and use lots of copper here too, but in my area of the country most home fresh water plumbing is now PVC and CPVC.  My house is five year old, and the only copper plumbing are very short sections of connection tubing like where the water lines connect to the toilets, tubs, and sinks.  Everything else if CPVC.  I do think a copper-plated hilt would be pretty cool.

Raw Refined Copper Price Chart
http://www.tradeservice.com/copper_pricing/

Graflex CE: AB/AS
Overlord: (x2) BR/AS-HP/AS
Shock LE: AS/AB
Manticore: (x2) CG/AS-VA/AS
Guardian: GB/AS
Archon: FO/SY
Crimson Reaper: (x2) SY/AS-AS/BR
Dark Arbiter: CG/AS
Phantom Initiate v3: BR/AS
Phantasm Initiate v3: CG/AS
Raven: GB/AS
Dark War Glaive: PO/AS
Dark Standard: AS/BR
Menace CE: Emerald

Schtuperman
Knight Captain

« Reply #1441 on: April 28, 2013, 08:13:43 PM »

My point in posting the current price of copper was in agreement with your initial statement that copper isn't all that expensive.  I only threw in what I got scrapping it 30+ years ago for some historical context.   I'm not sure a saber would actually be constructed from pure copper because I'm uncertain how strong it is?  I was thinking more along the lines of your original suggestion as an aluminum saber with brass or copper plating.

Darth Brayis
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -10

Darth Brayis

« Reply #1442 on: April 29, 2013, 12:54:51 PM »

I would love to see a curved-hilt lightsaber made by the great Ultrasabers.

Dark Side Points are greatly appreciated.

angelo07stang
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: -33

« Reply #1443 on: May 01, 2013, 03:55:11 PM »

Im going to recommened obsidian launcher for us mac users again and a nikel plated ashoka tano lightsaber. A light saber modeled after plo koon would be pretty cool too.

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2034

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #1444 on: May 01, 2013, 06:51:10 PM »

Starkiller TFU1 hilt if possible with some changes like US did to TFUII hilt. =]

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

Luna
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 550

This land is peaceful, its inhabitants kind...

« Reply #1445 on: May 01, 2013, 08:10:58 PM »

Starkiller TFU1 hilt if possible with some changes like US did to TFUII hilt. =]

They didn't do a TFU2 hilt... the Bellicose is based on the sabers used in promo material, not the actual game.

no

Sith-Lord
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #1446 on: May 04, 2013, 06:27:06 AM »

i believe that a Count Dooku hilt, a Darth Maul hilt and a Mace Windu hilt would all be awsome and profitable.

loosekannonn
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #1447 on: May 05, 2013, 02:58:15 AM »

i believe that a Count Dooku hilt, a Darth Maul hilt and a Mace Windu hilt would all be awsome and profitable.
many more machining steps needed, going to be expensive depending on sales numbers.
I mean once the program is written the machines can chug away to their hearts content,
but the "curve" in the body would be better achieved with a 2 piece body with a fixed angle bend
that has the wall of the tube contoured to simulate a curve while internally it's more like a 30 degree bend.
the 2 internal straight sections would make using existing electronics possible.

but again, if your only going to sell a handful the extra design time and writing the program, machine time, it all ends up being expensive
unless you can spread the cost over a large number of units.

Rina Ascura
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 111

Please keep it at 100!

« Reply #1448 on: May 05, 2013, 12:03:04 PM »

Manticore is based on Darth Maul's saber. A slight customization of the Manticore Staff will result in a perfectly good Maul's staff.

BBL AND PROUD! The Expanded Universe - the old, the true, the brave!

Big Andy
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -173

Dark side points please.

« Reply #1449 on: May 05, 2013, 05:04:09 PM »

My point in posting the current price of copper was in agreement with your initial statement that copper isn't all that expensive.  I only threw in what I got scrapping it 30+ years ago for some historical context.   I'm not sure a saber would actually be constructed from pure copper because I'm uncertain how strong it is?  I was thinking more along the lines of your original suggestion as an aluminum saber with brass or copper plating.

I have made several sabers from copper over the last year or so, I based my initial copper saber for Ultras' old elder saber and my copper sabers have evolved from there into much more. My reason for posting this is because you said that you weren't sure how strong they are, I will tell you, they are strong.

The Jedi are simple minded fools who try to avoid there feeling when feelings are the path of true power. The Sith on the other hand are just as foolish in only using anger to fuel there power. To unlock true power one must utilize all of one's emotions.

Schtuperman
Knight Captain

« Reply #1450 on: May 05, 2013, 10:25:38 PM »

Does the copper rub off on your hands?

BenPass
Knight of the Consular Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 690

Jedi Consular

« Reply #1451 on: May 05, 2013, 10:46:11 PM »

Does the copper rub off on your hands?

Not in my experience. It does give the copper a nice weathered look pretty quickly though.

May the Force be with me? Sure! It can come along!
"Lux triumphat super obscurum" - "Light triumphs over darkness"

Darth Nekesus
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -164

Resident Zabrak and LoL addict.

« Reply #1452 on: May 05, 2013, 11:59:33 PM »

How about visiting a Con in the Mid west.  or maybe you could open a branch out here.  I'm sure you could find people to work there and it could make shipping easier for people on the east side of the country as well as keeping production and shipping going while you guys are at cons.

"At last we will reveal ourselves to the Jedi. At last we will have revenge"
-Darth Maul-

DVA and CG Phantom V3 LE
Custom Painted SRD Aeon V2
Overlord with Obsidian and Emerald

GSXMatt
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 1

« Reply #1453 on: May 06, 2013, 02:35:26 AM »

I'm sure this has been mentioned before, and since I am a total n00b, take it with a grain of salt.

I think more emitters with holes/see through sections.  Those are by far my favorite things, seeing the blade glow through is totally awesome.

Mrandstuff
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: -5

peace is a lie there is only passion

« Reply #1454 on: May 06, 2013, 02:55:35 AM »

Im going to recommened obsidian launcher for us mac users again and a nikel plated ashoka tano lightsaber. A light saber modeled after plo koon would be pretty cool too.
yes it does need to be made until that day i wont but a saber from them again

Pages: 1 ... 95 96 [97] 98 99 ... 583   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: