Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 583   Go Down
Author Topic: Suggestion Box/Wishlist: what do we want from Ultrasabers?  (Read 1531632 times)
Master Bluespike74
Guardian Prime
Vanguard of the Azure Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 977

As long as there is light, I will be here.

« Reply #1005 on: November 28, 2012, 03:25:16 AM »

We got the US Graflex, I would love to see a US Heiland.  By far would make a wonderful addition to the line up.  Of course an ANH Obi-Wan wouldn't hurt either.

Guided by the Aing Tii Monks

Shodan in Shaolin Kempo Karate/Kung Fu/Jiu Jitsu

Yes, I am a color:  BLUE

Temple
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: 90

Jedi Battle Knight

« Reply #1006 on: November 28, 2012, 03:33:45 AM »

Do Ventress style sable !!!!!!!!

I have plans to make a Tott doneeta saber from dark horse comics tales of the jedi.

so a better base would rock

A jedi Must sometimes prepare for war, and prepared we are ~ Temple

Rina Ascura
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 111

Please keep it at 100!

« Reply #1007 on: November 28, 2012, 07:34:07 AM »

Basic, bare-bones, nondescript curved hilt. So we can customize it into Ventress, Tott Doneeta, Dooku or whatever.

BBL AND PROUD! The Expanded Universe - the old, the true, the brave!

Temple
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: 90

Jedi Battle Knight

« Reply #1008 on: November 28, 2012, 07:53:07 AM »

Basic, bare-bones, nondescript curved hilt. So we can customize it into Ventress, Tott Doneeta, Dooku or whatever.

YESSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A jedi Must sometimes prepare for war, and prepared we are ~ Temple

DarthXyess
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: -2

« Reply #1009 on: November 28, 2012, 01:09:37 PM »

I'm thinking Darth Banes curved hilt saber (his proper saber) would be awesome.

Peace is a lie,
There is only passion,
Through passion i gain strength,
Through strength i gain power,
Though power i gain victory,
Through victory my chains are broken.
The Force shall set me free

Rina Ascura
Knight Commander

Please keep it at 100!

« Reply #1010 on: November 28, 2012, 01:11:42 PM »

Let's have at least a bare-bones Dark Apprentice v2.

Saint
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: 211

"Do unto others BEFORE they do unto you..."

« Reply #1011 on: November 28, 2012, 04:21:01 PM »

Form follows function.  The space required for the "guts" of our sabers will really limit pursuing some designs.  To accommodate that, I'm quite happy with approximations; which are likely required to avoid copyright infringement anyway.  Already using gold accents and "finned" grips on some of the current hilts, I'm thinking a Windu(ish) is a realistic goal. 

I'm a hardcore fan of AV switch colour matching the blade.  I've imagined many of the current hilts configured just so. with colours other than the (switch) available green/blue/red.

I've amassed quite a few treasures in my collection over 30 years, but have to say, my Ultra Sabers are the new crown jewels.

Saint

Obsidians in order of acquisition...
Graflex CE;  Guardian;  Dark Monarch Staff;  Consu-Lord CE;  Malice #1;  Archon;  Dark Arbiter;  Overlord;  Graflex SE;  Malice#2;  Shock LE;  Dark Liberator;  Dark Catalyst; Prophecy;  Scorpion

Valek
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 10

« Reply #1012 on: November 28, 2012, 06:29:23 PM »

I wouldnt mind seeing a new Light side hilt. Maybe an Ahsoka Tano or a Mara Jade Lightsaber style. Something detailed yet light side-y.

The ANH obi wan is an awesome hilt... but I dont know if US can make the neck that thin without compromising on the duelability of it. Maybe if they put the LED below the neck and wrapped the inside of the neck in a reflective material to carry the light upwards into the blade sitting in the top part. Just an idea.

The issue with making curved hilts is that battery packs and sound boards wont fit in there. unless its a straight hilt with a curve and then another straight section... this would luck a little rough to my eyes. In order to make a curved hilt like in the movies theyd have to design a way to put batteries in there.

Just my two cents Smiley

Light side points please Smiley

Dark Shock - Emerald Green - Sound and FoC (Silver)

Luna
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 550

This land is peaceful, its inhabitants kind...

« Reply #1013 on: November 28, 2012, 06:33:35 PM »

The issue with making curved hilts is that battery packs and sound boards wont fit in there. unless its a straight hilt with a curve and then another straight section... this would luck a little rough to my eyes. In order to make a curved hilt like in the movies theyd have to design a way to put batteries in there.

Just my two cents Smiley

Soundboard could be an issue, and it's been brought up before, but if the batteries were an issue they wouldn't have been able to make the Dark Apprentice.

no

eerockk
Knight of the Obsidian Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 662

TPLA Lx Apprentice - Nova 7

« Reply #1014 on: November 28, 2012, 06:40:11 PM »

Soundboard could be an issue, and it's been brought up before, but if the batteries were an issue they wouldn't have been able to make the Dark Apprentice.

The curved hilt could work, but it would need two hilt "hemispheres" or halves that would need to be bolted together once the guts have been installed. It might even need to be cast instead of milled, so it would be a slight departure from UltraSabers's current practice of one piece hilts, but I bet if anyone could do it, US could.

Bellicose - Prophecy V3 - Overlord - Archon 2.1 - Guardian

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2034

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #1015 on: November 28, 2012, 06:53:19 PM »

Another saber with a rounded emitter. Maybe something in the Old Republic era style that a Jedi would use. Then a Sith saber with a more spiked emitter. ;o That's my two cents.

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

LiethStarKiller
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 11

Knights of Antioch

« Reply #1016 on: November 28, 2012, 06:59:58 PM »

I wouldnt mind seeing a new Light side hilt. Maybe an Ahsoka Tano or a Mara Jade Lightsaber style. Something detailed yet light side-y.

The ANH obi wan is an awesome hilt... but I dont know if US can make the neck that thin without compromising on the duelability of it. Maybe if they put the LED below the neck and wrapped the inside of the neck in a reflective material to carry the light upwards into the blade sitting in the top part. Just an idea.

Just my two cents Smiley

I agree. I would love to see an Ahsoka Tano or an Obi-Wan Episode 3 and 4. Perhaps the Obi-Wan would use a 40 inch blade like the Malice, and then the blade would go deep into the neck to add some durability.
Also, a hilt I have been craving from Ultrasabers is a Mace Windu. I would buy it in a heartbeat Cheesy

Aeon LE V3 Guardian Blue
Archon V2.1 Counselor Green
Malice Blazing Red

Veldryne
The Second Chosen One
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 268

" Kind hearted jerk"

« Reply #1017 on: November 28, 2012, 07:03:38 PM »

Zayne Carrick
Quinlan Voss
Satele Shan
Revan
Malik
Bastila Shan

An actual character based staff would be pretty epic

"Corellians... no wonder the other Jedi didn't want you leaving your system."
"The rest of you were just afraid we wouldn't leave anything for you to do after we were done."
Luke & Corran (I,J)

Rina Ascura
Knight Commander

Please keep it at 100!

« Reply #1018 on: November 28, 2012, 07:08:05 PM »

If you look closely at most curved hilts, you'll see that most of the curve is in the middle section. The rear end and the front end are straight. You could put the batteries and the soundboard in the rear section, or use a long pommel that gives some extra space to the soundboard.

Master Bluespike74
Guardian Prime
Vanguard of the Azure Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 977

As long as there is light, I will be here.

« Reply #1019 on: November 28, 2012, 07:09:02 PM »

The Archon is a representation of the Luke ROTJ saber and Luke's ROTJ was built using the Ben Kenobi ANH design.  The neck was not a problem when creating the Archon.  I think adding a grenade style grip to the Archon would be close enough to the Ben Kenobi to make me happy.

I have thought the hold up on the curved metal hilt has been the cost associated with the making of the curve in the hilt.  The Apprentice PVC had room for switch, blade and batteries.  

They created that concave in the Liberator for better grip so the ability to mold is definitely there.  After all, they do bend tail pipe for cars.  

I honestly believe that a curved hilt will certainly be the next thing released as it has been a popular topic since I joined.  

Guided by the Aing Tii Monks

Shodan in Shaolin Kempo Karate/Kung Fu/Jiu Jitsu

Yes, I am a color:  BLUE

Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 583   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: