Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Poll
Question: Which faction will our forum guild be?
Galactic Republic
Sith Empire

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 21   Go Down
Author Topic: I guess I'll be playing SWTOR.  (Read 84916 times)
Qui-Tom Helms
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 149

« Reply #195 on: September 11, 2012, 02:17:18 AM »

Sure, what time (cst/est/pst)?

=====================================================================
Zartom   Socerer (Healer)                             Qui-Tom  Sage (Healer)
Trenok   Bounty Hunter (Powertech)               Vartom   Knight (Sentinel)

Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1641

Suns of the Force

« Reply #196 on: September 11, 2012, 01:05:18 PM »

Sure, what time (cst/est/pst)?

I'm not entirely sure, but I figure around 7pm EST would be good for me (I have to run a few errands on the way home from work, so that should give me adequate time).

Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Suns of the Force

« Reply #197 on: September 11, 2012, 10:30:29 PM »

I'm not entirely sure, but I figure around 7pm EST would be good for me (I have to run a few errands on the way home from work, so that should give me adequate time).

Scratch that, running a bit late from work.  730 pm EST perhaps...

Qui-Tom Helms
Knight Commander

« Reply #198 on: September 12, 2012, 12:18:54 AM »

Sorry, missed that time.  With the wife working nights, and me being up till late I usually check the forum around now-ish (7-730 cst), then off to SWTOR land.  Guess someone should start a thread about when "one" is available to play.

Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Suns of the Force

« Reply #199 on: September 12, 2012, 12:53:54 AM »

Sorry, missed that time.  With the wife working nights, and me being up till late I usually check the forum around now-ish (7-730 cst), then off to SWTOR land.  Guess someone should start a thread about when "one" is available to play.

It's ok, I managed to tag along with a Shadow that was running it.  Got a neat robe out of it too.

Are you now allowed to get your AC in the trial version?  Because that's friggin lame.

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #200 on: September 12, 2012, 01:59:40 AM »

It's ok, I managed to tag along with a Shadow that was running it.  Got a neat robe out of it too.

Are you now allowed to get your AC in the trial version?  Because that's friggin lame.

When I get my Smuggler to the fleet, you, me, and Qui-Tom have to set something up to do that run together.

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Qui-Tom Helms
Knight Commander

« Reply #201 on: September 12, 2012, 05:53:00 AM »

Don't know what you mean my AC, but I'm still subscribing.  Getting a 3 or 4 person group together would be neat.  We could do a pick and post it on the forum.  Just let me know a day in advance.

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #202 on: September 12, 2012, 05:55:13 AM »

Will do.

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Vex
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -402

« Reply #203 on: September 12, 2012, 12:51:10 PM »

Just as an FYI , I'm not sure if it's been posted on here, you can put bound mods,armorings, enhancements, and crystals into Legacy gear and transfer them to your other legacy toons! I raid each week on my Jedi Sentinel so I end up with a lot of extra gear. Most my companions are all Columni / Rakata geared. I have a Sorceress thats L46, as soon as she hits L50 she has a Rakata Chest / and 6 Columni pieces in her stash to wear! Pretty sweet! Her final class quest is gonna be a slaughter house!

dark side points please

Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Suns of the Force

« Reply #204 on: September 12, 2012, 01:28:28 PM »

Just as an FYI , I'm not sure if it's been posted on here, you can put bound mods,armorings, enhancements, and crystals into Legacy gear and transfer them to your other legacy toons! I raid each week on my Jedi Sentinel so I end up with a lot of extra gear. Most my companions are all Columni / Rakata geared. I have a Sorceress thats L46, as soon as she hits L50 she has a Rakata Chest / and 6 Columni pieces in her stash to wear! Pretty sweet! Her final class quest is gonna be a slaughter house!

Very cool!  I'm currently playing a trial on an alternate account, so my regular account (with my Legacy Guardian) is inactive.  Once it goes FTP I'll figure out what I wanna do with it.

Qui-Tom Helms
Knight Commander

« Reply #205 on: September 12, 2012, 06:03:48 PM »

So how do you do that, transfer from one to the other (email it?)  My legacy is on Droogas Pleasure Barge?  For the stuff my current toons don't use I end up just selling the stuff off at a med station. 

Got a couple other questions for ya Vex (if you don't mind answering):

- Is it worth getting the Speeder class 2 (or skip buying that class completely), someone in the SWTOR general chat said that you didn't need to buy it, and could save some cash by not getting it, since at level 50 speeder class 3 becomes available.

- About getting a +40 Endurance lightsaber crystal at level 40.  It seems to be the better deal than the +50 Endurance one at level 50.  Is the 150,000 worth the extra +10 Endurance?  Anyway, whichever one one gets, won't that just increase the level of enemy HPs during the storyline

kewlkev360
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 232

« Reply #206 on: September 12, 2012, 08:54:50 PM »

So how do you do that, transfer from one to the other (email it?)  My legacy is on Droogas Pleasure Barge?  For the stuff my current toons don't use I end up just selling the stuff off at a med station. 

Got a couple other questions for ya Vex (if you don't mind answering):

- Is it worth getting the Speeder class 2 (or skip buying that class completely), someone in the SWTOR general chat said that you didn't need to buy it, and could save some cash by not getting it, since at level 50 speeder class 3 becomes available.

- About getting a +40 Endurance lightsaber crystal at level 40.  It seems to be the better deal than the +50 Endurance one at level 50.  Is the 150,000 worth the extra +10 Endurance?  Anyway, whichever one one gets, won't that just increase the level of enemy HPs during the storyline

what do the different traits, like endurance, actually do?

Qui-Tom Helms
Knight Commander

« Reply #207 on: September 13, 2012, 01:59:36 AM »

Found this that explains the stats:

Primary Stats

Strength: This is your basic Melee class stat. This stat modifies your Melee damage bonus and your Melee critical chance. This is the primary stat for Jedi Knights and Sith Warriors.

Aim: This is your basic ranged combat stat. This stat modifies your ranged damage bonus and your ranged critical chance. This is the primary stat for Bounty Hunters and Republic Troopers.

Cunning: This stat affects your abilities when using tech. This stat modifies your ranged damaged, ranged critical chance, your tech damage and your tech critical chance. This is the primary stat for Smugglers and Imperial Agents.

Endurance: This stat increases the amount of damage you can take (maximum health) and how fast you regenerate your health bar.

Willpower: This stat determines your ability to use Force powers. It affects the Force damage bonus and the Force critical chance. This is the primary stat for Jedi Consulars and Sith Inquisitors.

Expertise: This stat determines your skill in Player vs Player combat.

Secondary Stats

Accuracy: Affects your ability to hit opponents, if your accuracy is over 100 percent it reduces your opponents ability to parry, block, or dodge incoming attacks.

Absorption Rating: This increases the amount of damage that a shield will blunt above its basic absorption rating.

Alacrity: This stat lowers your activation time for channeled abilities and skills with cast timers.

Crit Rating: This increases the likelihood of an attack causing critical damage. Critical damage is an additional 50 percent of your base damage amount.

Defense Rating: This stat increases your chance to parry, block or dodge incoming attacks.

Power: This stat affects the amount of damage or healing those types of abilities do.

Shield Rating: This stat affects the ability of shields to absorb incoming damage.

Surge: This stat increases the amount of bonus damage from a critical hit – in addition to the baseline bonus of plus 50 percent. (For example a base attack does 100 damage plus an additional 50 damage if you get a crit, PLUS another bonus added for Surge.)

Additionally, there are some non-combat oriented stats that will also affect your character in other key areas.

Affection: This stat shows how your choices in mission interactions affect your relationship with your companion. Conversations that you have with your companions when they ask to speak with you privately will have a larger impact on their Affection rating. This stat is also affected by Companion Gifts. Gifts will either result in an Affection gain or your companion will have no reaction to receiving the gift. Companions can gain as many as 10,000 Affection points. Affection points impact your companions’ success rate and timing on Crew Skills tasks. Keep in mind that the Affection rating is unique for each companion. The rating shown is for the companion you are currently with.

Light Side/Dark Side points: This stat is directly affected by your conversation choices during missions. It’s shown as a meter on your character sheet. The more choices you make for one side or the other the more the “needle” will move in that direction. This is shown as the total of the choices that you make, so for example, if you make 2000 points worth of Light Side choices and 750 points worth of Dark Side choices then the value shown will be 1250 Light Side points. You can also grind these points via Crew Skills. As you gain points new titles will become available to you at each tier (1000 points, 2000 points, etc.)

Social Points: You gain Social Points by grouping for missions and Flashpoints. When you win a conversation roll in a cutscene dialog choice you receive two Social Points for each member of your party. You also gain a few Social Points just for participating, even if you don’t win the roll. Social Points also have tiers and unlock titles. You also unlock access to special equipment. Social items are typically iconic gear or costumes with customizable modification slots.

Valor: These points are gained from PvP. Again there are tiers which grant titles and access to special equipment as you gain Valor points.

Vex
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -402

« Reply #208 on: September 13, 2012, 01:05:40 PM »

To transfer the the Rakata Chest , I simply got the legacy chest and swapped the armoring, mod, and enhancement to it and mailed it to my sorceress. One snag I encountered, some of the armorings are bound to a slot i.e. the Rakata chest armoring has to go into a chest piece, same with legs , feet, and possibly helm. This is quite a costly process credit wise. But to me worth it since I'll have a raid ready sorceress as soon as she hits L50.

dark side points please

Qui-Tom Helms
Knight Commander

« Reply #209 on: September 18, 2012, 08:30:17 PM »

Well, looks like the total number of servers in the game is now down to 8.  The Ebon Hawk server is still available, and none of my charactors that are there got moved.  For those of you that are doing the f2p you may want to check your charactor listings.

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 21   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: