Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Poll
Question: Which faction will our forum guild be?
Galactic Republic
Sith Empire

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 21   Go Down
Author Topic: I guess I'll be playing SWTOR.  (Read 84940 times)
Darth Dau Kho
Knight Major

Force Alignment: -43

Darkside points please

« Reply #150 on: August 17, 2012, 04:37:10 PM »

yeah, though i should *fingers crossed* be getting a new motherboard soon, im just choked still that my damn pci slot gave out within 6 months of building my pc

its a great machine that runs the game at full settings and gets me about 100 fps lol

I'm jealous haha, I run mine on medium settings. It's just my satellite I use for school so it's nothing special

BR SI, GB Dark Initiate v3, CG Dark Initiate v3, GB Archon v2 Obsidian, AS Custom Aeon v2, AB Dark Initiate v3, VA Dark Initiate v3, VA Initiate v2

MarusTelnis
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 1

« Reply #151 on: August 19, 2012, 02:59:40 PM »

If we have a guild for each side we could run competitions, events, rivalries etc. to create interaction between the two. They can even be run through here as well as a Republic team and Empire team doing different games and competitions with in-game stuff as prizes.

Veldryne
The Second Chosen One
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 268

" Kind hearted jerk"

« Reply #152 on: August 20, 2012, 12:35:24 PM »

While thats true, i dont think we have enough people to split us all up like that, without making it difficult to run anything. Id say stick with one side for now, and after a few weeks of playing we can see what everyones schedules are like.

"Corellians... no wonder the other Jedi didn't want you leaving your system."
"The rest of you were just afraid we wouldn't leave anything for you to do after we were done."
Luke & Corran (I,J)

MarusTelnis
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #153 on: August 20, 2012, 01:27:52 PM »

We won't necessarily need splitting up, like what has been said already, most people have characters on both sides so both guilds will have similar numbers and could easily be split for small events for now (until numbers pick up). Plus if we do it that way we might get more numbers anyway because people might be shaky about being a certain side, whereas if they have the option of both, it won't matter.

Veldryne
The Second Chosen One
Knight Commander

" Kind hearted jerk"

« Reply #154 on: August 20, 2012, 01:31:54 PM »

At work we tried having guys on both sides on the same server when the game first came out. it doesnt really work out because people tend to want to do their own thing, they get hooked on storyline on one side and never want to play their characters on the other etc

The whole point of the poll was to see what the overall preference was, and get everyone to roll on one side so we can actually get a guild going and see when everyone is on.

Otherwise we could have 4 logged on one side, and 6 on the other and unless they checked both sides before starting actually sitting down to play, they wouldnt know the others were on, makes it a pain to coordinate things.

"The rest of you were just afraid we wouldn't leave anything for you to do after we were done."
Luke & Corran (I,J)

MarusTelnis
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #155 on: August 20, 2012, 07:31:20 PM »

they get hooked on storyline on one side and never want to play their characters on the other etc
You could get that either way. We might have people who really want to go for this idea but really don't like the Empire side so decide not to join in.
If you do it all on the fly then yeah, you're going to get complications, which is why you plan things. I've done this kind of thing on many games that split the base into sides and it does work. Trying to just do it with a bunch of people at work won't work so well but when you have a forum of people going for it then it's easy to organise. Like I said, I've done it plenty myself.

I realise that the poll was to just pick one side but it has been brought up multiple times to do both which really shows a willingness from the people here to go both ways because it lets everyone be comfortable in how they want to play and helps others to join in that are sceptical because they don't want to play a side they don't like.

Everyone's going to be playing at all different times because we all have different lifestyles and come from all parts of the world, it's not about everyone sitting down to play at the same time, it's about having others to play with and interact with when we can play it. We can easily organise times for events and see who would be able to participate and which side each could play on, it's not difficult and opens it up to many more people than if it was kept one-sided.

Veldryne
The Second Chosen One
Knight Commander

" Kind hearted jerk"

« Reply #156 on: August 20, 2012, 07:40:12 PM »

fair enough i guess, to be honest ive tried the organising things for both sides, and certain days for this and that, and unless the guild is huge, ive found it doesnt work terribly well

i think its going to work out better with everyone on one faction, on the same server, i think its just going to be far easier to organise

Luke & Corran (I,J)

MarusTelnis
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #157 on: August 20, 2012, 07:58:14 PM »

It is much easier that way, but it's much more accessible to use both factions. Same server is a must, it would be pretty pointless otherwise, but if it stuck to one faction then it's likely to be generally smaller and lack the enthusiasm than if both factions were involved.

I'm not sure how the factions can interact but with Ebon Hawk being a RP server, having a guild for each faction could benefit there aswell as it would create opportunities for rivalries, our own stories etc.

Killic
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: 10

« Reply #158 on: August 20, 2012, 09:11:32 PM »

The only way someone from the other faction can hear you is if they are standing beside you and you're talking in say. Other then that there is no chatting between factions.

Sabers: FO  Dominix V2 aka Torch
              FO Dominix V3 aka Flame Brand

MarusTelnis
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #159 on: August 20, 2012, 10:22:45 PM »

Then having a guild for each faction would be great for the rpers as we could develop our own storylines and conflicts between the two.

Darth Dau Kho
Knight Major

Darkside points please

« Reply #160 on: August 20, 2012, 10:39:03 PM »

That would be fun..

BR SI, GB Dark Initiate v3, CG Dark Initiate v3, GB Archon v2 Obsidian, AS Custom Aeon v2, AB Dark Initiate v3, VA Dark Initiate v3, VA Initiate v2

Qui-Tom Helms
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 149

« Reply #161 on: August 21, 2012, 12:49:33 AM »

I think the two sides, both imp and rep would work out okay.  It sounds to me that maybe there is a couple of you, one from each side, that may be willing to organize activities for the rest of us?

I don't suspect there would be scheduled play each day of the week, but maybe alternate the days where someone could play on both sides if they wanted to.  Have we gotten far enough where we might want to start two new topic areas:  "Empire side"  "Republic side", or we could just list the information in this tread.

I think each of us should decide what side we want to be on (maybe both sides??), and pick what days of the week and time periods you can play.   This way the one organizing could figure who she/he has to work with in planning.  An example I can think of to list ones info would be:

EXAMPLE ONLY:
Forum Name       Side playing on        Toon Name             Species                     Class                        Days interested in playing                 Time Period interested in playing
    Qui-Tom                   Empire                 Rek'nos            Sith Pure Blood       Warrier/Marauder               Any day/  Mon Wed Fri (etc)                 7pm to 11pm CST     12 Mid-3am CST 

=====================================================================
Zartom   Socerer (Healer)                             Qui-Tom  Sage (Healer)
Trenok   Bounty Hunter (Powertech)               Vartom   Knight (Sentinel)
=====================================================================

Darth Dau Kho
Knight Major

Darkside points please

« Reply #162 on: August 21, 2012, 02:49:04 AM »

Looks like I can make my Jedi after all Smiley

jiriaya
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #163 on: August 21, 2012, 03:56:54 AM »

still a fun game Smiley

MarusTelnis
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #164 on: August 21, 2012, 12:25:19 PM »

That sounds great Helms. :3 New threads would be best for organization, putting all the information here will only allow it to get lost, but even better if we could have a board for each side and use the announcements to, well, announce and plan events, but that's not up to me really. xD

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 21   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: