Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 177   Go Down
Author Topic: Let's see what grab bag you got! Post your pics here!  (Read 676862 times)
Farthing
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 6

« Reply #435 on: November 12, 2012, 09:39:41 PM »

thats great news thanks!

There is no Chaos there is Harmony

Darth Nekesus
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -164

Resident Zabrak and LoL addict.

« Reply #436 on: November 12, 2012, 11:06:39 PM »

Although the tips will still come off on the HG even with the addition of tape if you duel hard enough.  Just keep that in mind.

"At last we will reveal ourselves to the Jedi. At last we will have revenge"
-Darth Maul-

DVA and CG Phantom V3 LE
Custom Painted SRD Aeon V2
Overlord with Obsidian and Emerald

Consular Christovski
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 10

« Reply #437 on: November 12, 2012, 11:48:29 PM »

In my experience mid-grades bend a bit, heavy grade is more solid.  I've hit both types of blade on objects really hard and left barely a mark on the blade.  Low temperatures seem to make them more vulnerable to damage in my experience.

A paragon and true believer in the powers of good...

Farthing
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 6

« Reply #438 on: November 14, 2012, 01:34:21 AM »

some pics of my wife's new grab bag

its an Aeon

in arctic blue

She wasn't too impressed with my Standard Issue but says she loves her New Aeon! So now we can get our Shii-cho on together!

There is no Chaos there is Harmony

Waxman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 114

« Reply #439 on: November 18, 2012, 06:05:17 AM »

It doesn't look like there's anymore grab-bags on the site as of present.   Cry

Fortunately I ordered and received my new Dark Liberator V3 in Arctic Blue.

It's a good thing I ordered it when I did because it seems like it may have been one of the last too.  Cool

I have to tell you, this product is absolutely fantastic, and that is coming from someone who originally did not think very highly of the Liberator-Models.  While the regular Liberator still doesn't do anything for me, I am so glad I received the Dark Liberator as this thing is seriously spectacular.
Everything about it is beautiful and well crafted.
I'm a big fan of the Dominix and Phantasm models but the Dark Liberator brings a whole new emphasis to the cosmetic factor of a black-anodized body.  It looks so smooth that it looks more like an antique than a battle-ready saber, like something an extremely wealthy aristocrat would use.

The hilt, as described by many owners on the site, is extremely well balanced, arguably the most well-balanced saber manufactured, the slightly concave middle makes for a really nice spot to hold.

Although the hilt is very simple in design, it has just enough beauty to it that actually benefits from the lack of complex oddities like the sheath on the Consular or the doo-dads on the Guardian.  The feel of the hilt is reminiscent of a Japanese sword, at least to the extent of a really expensive almost antique sword that has its guard absent.  I'm not really sure if there is a correct name for it.  It's kind of like that sword used by "that one guy" in Kill-Bill during the club fight-scene with the Crazy 88's.  Anyways...

It's in Standard Setup but I'm not sure if I could send this back in to have it converted to sound?
It is a V3 body but I'm not sure if Ultrasabers can connect a Li-ion battery pack and the Obsidian or does it specifically have to be Li-ion in the first place?

My only gripe with it is that I ordered a Heavy Grade blade as opposed to a Mid-Grade blade which would make the Arctic Blue color look way more vibrant than how it appears.  Unfortunately, I do not have any regular mid-grade blades in my possession other than 2 32' Ultra-Edge Mid-grade blades which look okay, but I'm more of a 36' fan.  In addition, the emitter, while cool and adds character to the hilt, is incredibly uncomfortable on the hands unless, of course, I wear gloves.

Other than that, this hilt is SICK!
In fact, I may even do my first video-review on this product out of sheer excitement and support especially in consideration to my prior disdain for the design.

Ultrasabers:
Bellicose-VA. Bane-BR. Consular-CG. x2 Initiate V3-SY. Aeon V3-GB. x4 Yari [Pike] Extensions.
Grab-Bag:
Aeon V3-GB. Dark Liberator V3-AB. Dominix V2-AB. Dominix V2-GB. Initiate V2-BR
Wishlist:
Manticore-PO. Dark Catalyst-Emerald. Shock LE-SY. Overlord-BR. Bellicose-VA. Archon-CG. Arbiter-AS.

XWX
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -3

« Reply #440 on: November 26, 2012, 01:01:14 AM »

Grab bags are back!!!!  Grin

Who's excited?

This guy!

I shall order one as soon as I get my money in the bank! Smiley

BenPass
Knight of the Consular Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 690

Jedi Consular

« Reply #441 on: November 26, 2012, 03:44:02 AM »

You just HAD to tell me that didn't you? Do you realize that you made me impulse buy?!?! lol, I really need to cut up my credit cards just in case stuff like this happens Wink

May the Force be with me? Sure! It can come along!
"Lux triumphat super obscurum" - "Light triumphs over darkness"

Shokengou311
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 3

« Reply #442 on: November 28, 2012, 11:46:31 PM »

Hey guy's I ordered a Grab bag on Monday, and it's scheduled to Arrive tomorrow, I plan to post my grab bag photo's here, so hopefully anyone else who has ordered a grab bag recently will join in on this post and share what they got. I'm exicted  Cheesy

digitalsithlord
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -165

Give into your Anger...Give me "Darkside" points..

« Reply #443 on: November 29, 2012, 12:13:07 AM »

Looking forward to seeing what u got Smiley

Lightsaber Arsenal:
Red Liberator - GB
Prophecy v2 - AS
Bellicose - BR
Archon V2.1 - CG
Crimson Reaper - BR
Dark Monarch -BR
Aeon v3 - SY
Malice - BR
Aeon v2 - AS
Dominix v2- VA
Dark War Glaive - DVA

Shokengou311
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #444 on: November 30, 2012, 01:41:09 AM »

just got home from work, no fedex package yet. but the tracking says out for delivery, should be soon. will post pics tonight.

Saint
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: 211

"Do unto others BEFORE they do unto you..."

« Reply #445 on: November 30, 2012, 02:04:44 AM »

Roger, Wilco.  Mine's due to arrive by the middle of next week.  Shipping from California to Canada is quick (3-4 days).  Shipping within my own province, once here, leaves much to be desired - 2-3 days, due to no local FedEx and a required subcontracting to a local courier.

Oh well, an average of 6 business days to my neck of the woods is still pretty good.

Obsidians in order of acquisition...
Graflex CE;  Guardian;  Dark Monarch Staff;  Consu-Lord CE;  Malice #1;  Archon;  Dark Arbiter;  Overlord;  Graflex SE;  Malice#2;  Shock LE;  Dark Liberator;  Dark Catalyst; Prophecy;  Scorpion

Shokengou311
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #446 on: November 30, 2012, 02:21:37 AM »

Ended up with the Initiate LE v3, I'm dissapointed yet satisfied because this saber is actually quite comfortable for me, even though it's rather on the smaller side, definitely going to my toss around hilt.

The options I went with were: purple led, ultra edge heavy, covertec knob.
The saber has a few scuffs but nothing I'd complain about even if I bought it non grab bag style.
The purple led is bright, but since it's a rather darker color it fades out near the tip if blade, I'm fine with it though, it's not a big deal.

Still looks great!

« Last Edit: November 30, 2012, 02:55:45 AM by Shokengou311 » Logged

Saint
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: 211

"Do unto others BEFORE they do unto you..."

« Reply #447 on: November 30, 2012, 03:10:57 AM »

I'm partial to that aluminum/gold combo.  Prefer the emitter of the Shock LE, but still think the Initiate v3 is cool. 

Obsidians in order of acquisition...
Graflex CE;  Guardian;  Dark Monarch Staff;  Consu-Lord CE;  Malice #1;  Archon;  Dark Arbiter;  Overlord;  Graflex SE;  Malice#2;  Shock LE;  Dark Liberator;  Dark Catalyst; Prophecy;  Scorpion

digitalsithlord
Knight Commander

« Reply #448 on: November 30, 2012, 03:29:15 AM »

Hey that is an awesome hilt and the color is mind blowing.  I have an Aeon LE v3 and I totally love this color scheme....and your color choice was a bold and yet wise move.  The silver and gold will definitely make your blade color stand out....I am totally digging the gold covertech knob as well......Remember this is a grab bag after all and it is a toss up...To many people are getting their hopes up by seeing a few high end hilts in the photo, BUT this is not always the case....but still a V3 is a great grab!!  I LOVE IT! 

Lightsaber Arsenal:
Red Liberator - GB
Prophecy v2 - AS
Bellicose - BR
Archon V2.1 - CG
Crimson Reaper - BR
Dark Monarch -BR
Aeon v3 - SY
Malice - BR
Aeon v2 - AS
Dominix v2- VA
Dark War Glaive - DVA

digitalsithlord
Knight Commander

« Reply #449 on: November 30, 2012, 03:30:17 AM »

also Point for the blade color choice...I have a Dark War Glaive in DVA and LOVE THIS COLOR!!

Lightsaber Arsenal:
Red Liberator - GB
Prophecy v2 - AS
Bellicose - BR
Archon V2.1 - CG
Crimson Reaper - BR
Dark Monarch -BR
Aeon v3 - SY
Malice - BR
Aeon v2 - AS
Dominix v2- VA
Dark War Glaive - DVA