Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 177   Go Down
Author Topic: Let's see what grab bag you got! Post your pics here!  (Read 676867 times)
Manroon
Protector of Abused Dungeon Rancors
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 832

Nova Six, two lit and in the green.

« Reply #360 on: October 04, 2012, 01:20:50 AM »

BR or FO, I'd wager. Wink

I am not a color...

A Knight can serve only one Master.

Master Bluespike74
Guardian Prime
Vanguard of the Azure Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 977

As long as there is light, I will be here.

« Reply #361 on: October 04, 2012, 02:04:46 AM »

I am leaving you guys tonight with this video.  I have to get up early and start my new job training.  I am out of breath in this vid due to some one on one training with the Chief Instructor (7th Dan) and I was really tired but I wanted to get this posted as I am super in love with it.  It is processing but should be available shortly.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQgY3w6s73k" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQgY3w6s73k</a>

Guided by the Aing Tii Monks

Shodan in Shaolin Kempo Karate/Kung Fu/Jiu Jitsu

Yes, I am a color:  BLUE

Manroon
Knight Commander

« Reply #362 on: October 04, 2012, 02:35:23 AM »

Called it. Wink lol

That is nice. I too, considered the Libby when planning my first purchase. T'was many moons ago.... XD I wound up going with the Prophecy and a GB SI back then. Beautiful pair.

I am not a color...

Wolfknight
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 58

Wulffe Frosthunter Corellian Jedi

« Reply #363 on: October 04, 2012, 03:03:28 AM »

Cheesy I knew it! I had a feeling it was gonna be blazing red! Nice saber blue! Even though its not blue it still earns you a point from me to you. LOL  Cheesy

I am a leaf upon the wind.....watch how I soar

Sky Dragon c5
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1

Grey Jedi Assassin

« Reply #364 on: October 04, 2012, 05:07:25 AM »

Ill show mine soon... I love that hilt though. I got my Dark Libby today.

Keep me as a Grey Jedi Please

C=Custom, D=Dark

Rd Reaper AS, Archon V2.1 AB, Consular CG, Malice BR, Overlord PO, Shock LE SY, D Shock DVA, D Liberator AS, Raven FO, D War EG, C Manticore BH, C D Shock RGB, C D Arbiter SR, C Archon V2.

Jare Tal’onidir
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 27

I am a Jedi..but the Dark Side has the best toys!

« Reply #365 on: October 04, 2012, 08:18:16 PM »

My Dominix v3 came this morning...I think. I'll get picture's up here in a bit, but I'm honestly not 100% positive if it's an Initiate or a Dominix. It's quite a bit longer than my Prophecy, so I think it's the Dominix.  Definitely a v3 though! And, once more guessing, it's SDR. I'm going to compare it to my sister in law's AB this afternoon. My first thought was that it was AB, but it's definitely greener than I remember hers being. I'm very, very happy with it irregardless! I can couple it with my other v3, I'm a real sucker for chokes US does and this saber has two, and it's a completely new hilt and color for me! I have a Dark Libby, but it has Obsidian and FOC so it'd be hard to couple together with a second stunt saber.

My Sabers:
FO Aeon v2: DVA Prophecy v3; SY Consular; VA Nickle Monarch; AS Shock; BR Malishock, AB Graflex, PO Manticore FOC with Obsidian; CG Liberator AS FOC with Obsidian; and a GB Nickle Prophecy v3 with Obsidian

Dalian
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: -12

Dark Side Points Please

« Reply #366 on: October 04, 2012, 08:23:50 PM »

My Dominix v3 came this morning...I think. I'll get picture's up here in a bit, but I'm honestly not 100% positive if it's an Initiate or a Dominix. It's quite a bit longer than my Prophecy, so I think it's the Dominix.  Definitely a v3 though! And, once more guessing, it's SDR. I'm going to compare it to my sister in law's AB this afternoon. My first thought was that it was AB, but it's definitely greener than I remember hers being. I'm very, very happy with it irregardless! I can couple it with my other v3, I'm a real sucker for chokes US does and this saber has two, and it's a completely new hilt and color for me! I have a Dark Libby, but it has Obsidian and FOC so it'd be hard to couple together with a second stunt saber.

If it's longer than your prophecy it's definitely not an initiate, those are like 9" long (as compared to the dominix at just over 1 foot)

"The true power of the Dark Side; it is claimed by many, but known by few." - Darth Nox

((__((>_o_)>(_(_(_(_|_)_)_)_)<(_o_<))__))BR/VA Phantom LE V3

Solinus
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -209

Black Star Sabers

« Reply #367 on: October 04, 2012, 09:31:10 PM »

Sweeet! 2 aaa batteries? Betcha I can guess what color the blade is!  Cheesy

How and why does battery config matter when it comes to color??

Control your fear. Give in to your hate. Let it guide you along the path and soon you shall find yourself... home.

**Dark Side points appreciated.**

Manroon
Knight Commander

« Reply #368 on: October 04, 2012, 09:37:06 PM »

Certain color LEDs draw less power, and thus use different batteries. Also, Lith Ion set ups will provide more power more evenly for a longer time compared to standard batts, and the Buck Puck will increase that as well. It's mostly just cause of technical specs and jargin that the average joes like you and me don't get too involved with. lol

I am not a color...

Solinus
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -209

Black Star Sabers

« Reply #369 on: October 04, 2012, 11:00:59 PM »

I figured that was the case, buy how do you guess BR or FO out of just two AAA batts? Are those the only two colors that use 2 AAAs?

Control your fear. Give in to your hate. Let it guide you along the path and soon you shall find yourself... home.

**Dark Side points appreciated.**

Wolfknight
Knight Commander

« Reply #370 on: October 04, 2012, 11:01:44 PM »

How and why does battery config matter when it comes to color??

I read somwhere that red requires less power than other colors , so if you get a saber with normal battery configuration and order a blazing red led then your sabers gonna run on two batteries instead of the normal 4 batteries required for alot of all the other colors.

Manroon
Knight Commander

« Reply #371 on: October 04, 2012, 11:56:34 PM »

I figured that was the case, buy how do you guess BR or FO out of just two AAA batts? Are those the only two colors that use 2 AAAs?

I THINK they are, but I'm not sure. I know all the RGB colors use 4, as do Green and Blue. I have a FO and a BR saber and both came with the 2 AAA setup, so that was the basis of my guess. Smiley

I am not a color...

Oramac
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -256

Dark Side, please. I like the cookies.

« Reply #372 on: October 05, 2012, 12:25:47 AM »

I read somwhere that red requires less power than other colors , so if you get a saber with normal battery configuration and order a blazing red led then your sabers gonna run on two batteries instead of the normal 4 batteries required for alot of all the other colors.

This is true.  It's the same reason most laser gun sights are red.  It draws less power.  Green laser sights have been proven easier to see, but they draw more power because of the way the green beam has to be made.

I give stealth points.  You may get one without ever knowing it! Muwahaha!

Dark War Glaive - Blazing Red/AS FOC [or FO/VA FOC]
Initiate v3 with Obsidian - Blazing Red
Initiate v3 - Consular

Wolfknight
Knight Commander

« Reply #373 on: October 06, 2012, 01:52:43 PM »

This is true.  It's the same reason most laser gun sights are red.  It draws less power.  Green laser sights have been proven easier to see, but they draw more power because of the way the green beam has to be made.

Thats a good comparison Oramac. I have a scope that has red and green illumination modes. The red illumination will last for hours and hours. The green illumination will drain the battery in probably an hour or less.

CrossingStar
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -109

Resident Togruta and fan of the Clone Wars

« Reply #374 on: October 06, 2012, 02:11:42 PM »

*whistles* That's quite the difference!

~Nashara/Coronach~ (Togruta) Sith apprentice of Darth Cronfios.

~Xantos~ (Half human half zebrak) No alignment, friend of Devin

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 177   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: