Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 85 86 [87] 88 89 ... 177   Go Down
Author Topic: Let's see what grab bag you got! Post your pics here!  (Read 679050 times)
The 97th Acolyte
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 93

Member of the Red Jedi Order

« Reply #1290 on: February 21, 2014, 12:16:12 PM »

Seems to be a few aeons/Dominixes going out as grab bags... Congrats to people. They're nice sabers. Smiley

Raven VA - FOC Silver
Shock - FO
Manticore R+B Emerald
Dominix LE v3 - PO
Initiate LE v3 - AS
Liberator v3 Staff - SRD + CG
Dominix v2 Staff - RGB + BR

The Countess - Curved Custom
-
Behind the strangest of pretences can lie the best of things...

BioDelta
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -5

The darkness will always over take the dawn

« Reply #1291 on: February 22, 2014, 12:29:33 AM »

That was my first saber, too Cheesy I went for a fully equipped Aeon LE v3 in AB, though.
well that is major kick ass... Since it's my first saber  im thinking of asking some questions  before i start to custom build it XD

Darth Iratus
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: -12

« Reply #1292 on: February 22, 2014, 04:18:40 AM »

Well finally got home from work & my vday gift is finally in. It's a grab bag aeon v3. She picked the color, blazing red! I love the hilt. Light, spins great and looks good! This is going to be my new practice saber for the Shii Cho I've been doing. My only gripe is the blazing red. It looks almost orange. I wanted this to be my color but it needs to be much darker! Also got a coupler for my 2 DSI I have. Great vday! I'll post pics tomorrow.

Aeon V3 in BR
Dark Standard Issue staff in VA & GB
Aeon V2 LE in SRD (girlfriends)
Liberator in AB (girlfriends)
I like dark force points but money is better

The 97th Acolyte
Knight Commander

« Reply #1293 on: February 22, 2014, 05:17:08 PM »

Try using some Filters to modify the colour?

Other than that, congrats on the saber Iratus! Smiley

Raven VA - FOC Silver
Shock - FO
Manticore R+B Emerald
Dominix LE v3 - PO
Initiate LE v3 - AS

-

Wobbywoo
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: -18

« Reply #1294 on: February 22, 2014, 08:42:36 PM »

Hey there,
I have seen the possibilities, but, given my ridiculously low budget, find myself in what can only be described as the 'poor man's paradox'. Should I:
a) Buy a Grab-bag saber, with an UltraEdge Heavy-Grade blade, retention screw wrench, blade plug and convertec attachments (although getting the wheel done should be quite interesting) for a total (tax included) of $172.07 (£103.38) - simply because of the possibility of a high-end saber?
OR
b) Buy an RGB Dominix v2, with Li-ion batteries, retention screw wrench and blade plug, for a total (tax included) of $262.40 (£157.66) whereby I know what I'm getting and all of the features, plus a guarantee of aesthetic and functional perfection?
(Sorry if I sound a bit 'standoff-ish' with this post)
Thanks Smiley
« Last Edit: February 22, 2014, 09:16:52 PM by Wobbywoo » Logged

Dark side points please, if necessary!

Sabers:

(_(_(_(_(|o|(((|_|]____Dominix v2_______________)

(⁅⁆} {≣≣(__)≍(o__)≍(€__Gallifreyan Destiny___________)

James Casey
Forum Watchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1510

« Reply #1295 on: February 22, 2014, 09:02:51 PM »

Iratus, have you changed the batteries? US ship stunt 'sabres with any old batteries lying around the place (which is far enough) so you might need fresh ones to get the blade at its best.

Wobbywoo, it's a tough choice, and it's quite the difference in money, otherwise I'd counsel patience. Unless you can put the extra £50 together in a short period of time, I think I'd recommend going for the grab bag as you'll have it in your hand within a few days. Then if you like it, you can still save the money towards a second hilt a little way down the line. Your grab bag isn't very likely to be worth much more than the £100 (extras included) but there is a slim chance - and you don't need to worry about the looks/function - it will still look great and work perfectly; US just sometimes have odd hilts they can't sell as 'new'. In saying that, my three grab bags have all been flawless to my eyes.

"I'll split this world open and tear down the sky before I let him come to even the slightest harm."

The 97th Acolyte
Knight Commander

« Reply #1296 on: February 22, 2014, 09:19:57 PM »

I would agree with James. Personally, I'd go for the Grab bag, and use the rest of the money to save up for the next saber (or other item) that you want. The hilt will work perfectly, they don't include non-functioning hilts in the Grab bag thingy. Quote from US website: "These Grab Bag Sabers come with fully functional and warrantied electronics.  The hilts may have cosmetic flaws." I can agree with James though, my Liberator (grabbag) Is cosmetically perfect, the only 'flaw' is that there is a tiny chip next to the blade screw where a tiny bit of metal has chipped off. This actually isn't noticeable though, unless you run your finger over it and look VERY closely. It actually looks pretty cool. Adds character. And half the charm of Grab bag is waiting to see what you get. Wink
Plus, whatever you go for, Its an Ultrasaber. So you know its gunna be awesome. Wink

Raven VA - FOC Silver
Shock - FO
Manticore R+B Emerald
Dominix LE v3 - PO
Initiate LE v3 - AS

-

Wobbywoo
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: -18

« Reply #1297 on: February 22, 2014, 09:55:55 PM »

Sorry - there has been a bit of confusion; when I said 'fully functioning', I meant with the RGB feature which, as I said, I would have got with the Dom. v2, which doesn't happen with the Grab-bags.
But otherwise, thanks. Smiley

Dark side points please, if necessary!

Sabers:

(_(_(_(_(|o|(((|_|]____Dominix v2_______________)

(⁅⁆} {≣≣(__)≍(o__)≍(€__Gallifreyan Destiny___________)

Choco
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 53

« Reply #1298 on: February 22, 2014, 10:02:57 PM »

Sorry - there has been a bit of confusion; when I said 'fully functioning', I meant with the RGB feature which, as I said, I would have got with the Dom. v2, which doesn't happen with the Grab-bags.

us does still sell RGB Sabers and they took it a step beyond with emerald. The chances of an rgb saber appearing as a grab bag is quite slim

I agree with james as well a grab bag makes for a great first saber. sure it doesn't have sound but you can get a feel for the quality of saber before seriously investing in that 2nd saber which is exactly what I did

[img width= height=]http://sigs.enjin.com/sig-swtor/c021b8deb34e1a14.png[/img]

Sabers I own

Emerald 4 channel Manticore
Dark Standard Issue - BR (grab bag)
Liberator - FO (Grab bag)

BioDelta
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #1299 on: February 23, 2014, 12:58:29 AM »

Dude i say grab bag .XD

Siaxis
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 7

Make a Use the Force Check: NATURAL 20

« Reply #1300 on: February 23, 2014, 02:20:49 AM »

I'd have to agree.  Grab bags are a great first saber.  As for RGB, if that's what your heart is truly set on, then go for it.  I do not know of any Grab Bags with RGB (although some have had all three switches for it I think.)

Power alone has no ambition.  As such, neither does any driving force.  The ambition lies in the wielder, either for great good, or terrible evils.

Liberator v3 in GB.  Initiate v2 in BR

Patrick Cullen, Main Instructor for Pak's Academy Prime Taekwondo, 4th Dan

BioDelta
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #1301 on: February 23, 2014, 02:25:14 AM »

I'd have to agree.  Grab bags are a great first saber.  As for RGB, if that's what your heart is truly set on, then go for it.  I do not know of any Grab Bags with RGB (although some have had all three switches for it I think.)
yea  some do have them !! i was watching  youtube  trying to figure out with saber i might get  before I receive it.. Saw some with all three but only the middle switch  work

Kresnik
Knight of the Obsidian Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 111

« Reply #1302 on: February 23, 2014, 02:58:11 AM »

Here's the grab bag I got for for with my order

Blue with all black hilts look so nice

In order of favorite
Bellicose in PO w/ Obsidian
DSI vert grooves 4 ch Emerald  w/ Stunt
Guardian 2 Ch Emerald w/ Obsidian (1st Place Raffle prize)
Aeon V2 in CG Stunt (sort of modified)

Stephen
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 16

Jedi of all trades, Master of none.

« Reply #1303 on: February 23, 2014, 03:30:17 AM »

Hey there,
I have seen the possibilities, but, given my ridiculously low budget, find myself in what can only be described as the 'poor man's paradox'. Should I:
a) Buy a Grab-bag saber, with an UltraEdge Heavy-Grade blade, retention screw wrench, blade plug and convertec attachments (although getting the wheel done should be quite interesting) for a total (tax included) of $172.07 (£103.38) - simply because of the possibility of a high-end saber?
OR
b) Buy an RGB Dominix v2, with Li-ion batteries, retention screw wrench and blade plug, for a total (tax included) of $262.40 (£157.66) whereby I know what I'm getting and all of the features, plus a guarantee of aesthetic and functional perfection?
(Sorry if I sound a bit 'standoff-ish' with this post)
Thanks Smiley

I don't see the option of Li-ion batteries on the Dominix v2.  Does RGB automatically come with Li-ion?
I wouldn't count on getting a high-end saber.  But if you are OK with a single color blade, you are going to get an Aeon v2, Dominix v2 at the very least.  Most of the recent grab-bags have been v3 sabers.  You can't loose with the grab-bag if any hilt with a single color blade would be acceptable to you.  To simplify the decision, it sounds like you are choosing between getting RGB or single color blade. 

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #1304 on: February 23, 2014, 03:38:20 AM »

A grab bag is a great first choice as first saber. It gets your feet wet, for less money than a regular hilt, provided you don't have your heart set on any particular saber. If you do, then I'd suggest getting that saber, even if you have to wait and save.

The thing with the grab bag is, you can get literally anything. Sometimes even a 'franken saber' made of random extra MHS parts that were lying around. You're most likely to get a Liberator, Standard issue, Dominix, Aeon, or Initiate though, as these are the hilts they generally produce more of. And I wouldn't count on RGB or sound, they don't come in grab bags.

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Pages: 1 ... 85 86 [87] 88 89 ... 177   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: