Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down
Author Topic: Jedi-Sith Musician Alliance  (Read 16310 times)
TheHobbitofDune
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 473

« Reply #60 on: July 25, 2012, 06:31:39 AM »

I really wouldn't know the answer for that, to be honest. I'm not a total gear expert, I just know what sounds good and what sounds like trash lol. Maybe you should just look up the original prices and make your best guess? Or just ask the store owner.

wolfmetal45
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: -2

« Reply #61 on: July 25, 2012, 06:32:34 AM »

True enough.  I guess a little part of me is just disappointed to see the guitar and gear go but it's for the best.

Sernpidal 25 ABY
Never Forget

TheHobbitofDune
Knight Commander

« Reply #62 on: July 25, 2012, 06:40:47 AM »

True Sad I'll never sell my Squier Stratocaster. It is my first guitar and my only guitar, and I love it to bits. I'm going to have to buy a classical guitar later on for my college classes. It'll be great Smiley I also want to eventually save up for an electric bass, as well as an amp, of course. Bass has always been my all-time favorite instrument, along side guitar.

Rassilon
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 11

Grey Jedi Consular

« Reply #63 on: July 25, 2012, 06:43:58 AM »

Seriously guys...Banjo. Where it's at. lol.

"A "Grey Jedi" is someone who understands that what is "light" or "dark" is what resides in us, not in the Force, and seeks to better understand the whole of the Force without any restrictions or preconceptions."

TheHobbitofDune
Knight Commander

« Reply #64 on: July 25, 2012, 06:47:28 AM »

To quote Chester Mcbadbat from Fairly-Odd Parents: "I HATE THE BANJO!!!"

But seriously, it never interested me lol. Back when I was in performing in an orchestra, I fell in love with all of the instruments in the strings family. My time in the orchestra has really matured and sharpened my musical tastes and outlook.

Rassilon
Knight Sergeant

Grey Jedi Consular

« Reply #65 on: July 25, 2012, 06:58:42 AM »

To be honest, before this year, I wasn't really a big fan, either. But I started to get more into folk music and digging deeper into it, and it's just a super fun instrument to play. It can still be sad, and mysterious, but it can be so energetic as well. And i'm not big into metal and hardcore stuff anymore, so i found that good folk has a crap ton of energy to it. Mostly becasue of the banjo. Plus, nothing beats sitting on a back porch with my pipe strumming out a tune. its so relaxing and fun. it's a totally new timbre to play with as well. A SNARE DRUM YOU CAN STRUM?! haha. I don't know. I'm a musician, I like to expand my borders. Challenge myself. like, my brain thinks "I bet you won't learn the banjo". and I go: OH YEAH BRAIN? WATCH ME. haha. It's weird. On one end, I'm learning banjo and folk music, on the other, i'm learning EDM and Digital Music Production. It's a blast. haha. Although, my next instrument purchase will be a telecaster of some sort. but that's not for a long while. need to build up more money.  Embarrassed haha.

"A "Grey Jedi" is someone who understands that what is "light" or "dark" is what resides in us, not in the Force, and seeks to better understand the whole of the Force without any restrictions or preconceptions."

TheHobbitofDune
Knight Commander

« Reply #66 on: July 25, 2012, 07:30:26 AM »

Yeah, I just like to choose an instrument and try and get as good as I possibly can on it. I don't want to sit there and learn the basics for a bunch of different instruments, even if I do love them to death.

Rassilon
Knight Sergeant

Grey Jedi Consular

« Reply #67 on: July 25, 2012, 04:56:16 PM »

I follow the "jack of all trades, master of none" approach. haha.

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #68 on: July 25, 2012, 05:08:33 PM »

I'd  be willing to learn the bass lines for it, but keep in mind I'll be playing it on an Ibanez Accoustic-Electric bass, so try to be light on the distortion, or I'll get drowned out completely....

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

dreaming0616
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: 67

Hawk-Bat Two Lucid

« Reply #69 on: July 25, 2012, 05:27:51 PM »

Dreaming just hates Trek.

Yep...

I've never watched anything associated with Trek either....I'd be so lost..

Oh the music note, I can sing!  Was the star soloist in my high school choir and even had a scholarship to ASU for their music program. 

We can get my oldest daughter in the act, she's an extremely talented trumpet player.  Darth Small is still discovering her musical talents....

TheHobbitofDune
Knight Commander

« Reply #70 on: July 25, 2012, 07:46:20 PM »

I'd  be willing to learn the bass lines for it, but keep in mind I'll be playing it on an Ibanez Accoustic-Electric bass, so try to be light on the distortion, or I'll get drowned out completely....

B-But... Aw, fine Angry lol. I'm kidding Tongue

wolfmetal45
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: -2

« Reply #71 on: July 26, 2012, 04:21:37 AM »

So just curious guys what bands or solo artists do you draw a lot of inspiration from when playing or writing?

Sernpidal 25 ABY
Never Forget

Rassilon
Knight Sergeant

Grey Jedi Consular

« Reply #72 on: July 26, 2012, 04:23:55 AM »

hmm... Minus the Bear, Circa Survive, Sigur Ros, mewithoutYou, Radiohead, The Dear Hunter, and Clouds Make Sounds. at least that's what I hear influence from, anyway.

TheHobbitofDune
Knight Commander

« Reply #73 on: July 26, 2012, 04:29:22 AM »

Too many to list lol. When practicing, I'm pretty much always learning songs that use a lot of the techniques I'm trying to get better at. For me, I'm a metal head, and Metallica, plus Megadeth, are my main draws. I'm currently learning Master of Puppets. I was originally working on Symphony of Destruction by Megadeth but I couldn't figure out the 4th measure of Marty Friedman's solo for the life of me, so I took a break. Now I'm trying to get my down-picking up to par. Yeah, I'm gonna do it like James Hetfield and play all of MoP using only downstrokes Grin

My other all time favorite bands/artists that I also draw inspiration from would have to be: Judas Priest, Iron Maiden, Scorpions, Racer X, Dream Theater, Slayer, Periphery, Meshuggah, Opeth, Slipknot, Stone Sour, All That Remains, Killswitch Engage, As I Lay Dying, Vivaldi, Bach, Beethoven, Jimi Hendrix, Paul Gilbert, etc, etc. Basically the whole nine yards.

Jev Moldara
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1280

The Mad Professor

« Reply #74 on: July 26, 2012, 04:36:25 AM »

I played saxophone back in 19... something or other... Been meaning to take it back up.

Mad Science means never stopping to ask "What's the worst that could happen?"

Nothing is forgotten. Nothing is ever forgotten.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: