Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down
Author Topic: Jedi-Sith Musician Alliance  (Read 16536 times)
Manroon
Protector of Abused Dungeon Rancors
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 832

Nova Six, two lit and in the green.

« Reply #30 on: July 24, 2012, 09:29:55 PM »

For shame. And she seemed so nice too.... oh well, nobody's perfect. You should wear one of those T-Shirts around her that has Spock on it and says Trek Yourself before you Wreck Yourself. lol

Thread derailment: success?

Commence rerailment.

Sheet music VS Tabs. Opinions?

I am not a color...

A Knight can serve only one Master.

Jammo
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 326

Hawk-Bat Leader

« Reply #31 on: July 24, 2012, 09:34:53 PM »

Jammo reads sheet music just fine if its my part, which is weird for a trombone player...

TheHobbitofDune
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 473

« Reply #32 on: July 24, 2012, 09:59:47 PM »

I've been playing guitar for about 5 years now. Not very good though since I'm just a self-taught broke guy with no cash to spend on lessons. I'm also planning on taking up bass, which is the only instrument I love as much as the guitar. I just signed up for college classes, and classical guitar / theory is one of the classes I'll be taking. I used to take classical guitar lessons in High School, but the program lost all funding, so I was on my own. I was also in a rock-n-roll orchestra that combined classical pieces with classic rock hits.

Anyway, my dad wants me to get a degree in computer engineering. I want to get a degree in music. What should I do? Computer engineering would land me an awesome, well-paying job, but music is my life. I live and breathe it. Than again a degree in music would do nothing for me. I'm a metal head wanting to start a metal band and make it big. A degree in music theory or anything like that would do nothing for me. It sucks Sad

Oh, and as for the sheet music vs. tablature question, there is NOTHING wrong with learning by tab. If you learn by tab, don't follow the tab note-for-note, try and play it the way you think sounds the best, or that you think offers the most accessibility. Learning songs is what keeps you interested in playing. Eventually your ear will have absorbed so much music, that you can begin to figure out riffs and licks by ear, as opposed to strictly using tab. That is my two cents.

Jammo
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 326

Hawk-Bat Leader

« Reply #33 on: July 24, 2012, 10:53:04 PM »

Oh, and "this one time at band camp" actually happens. We had a guy that liked to run around in tighty whities at night. He was darker in skin tone and blended in to the forest well, leaving the illusion that a pair of underwear was taking a midnight run by itself. We also threw a large stuffed animal out of a 12th story window at a competition in Vegas one time.

Manroon
Knight Commander

« Reply #34 on: July 24, 2012, 11:34:28 PM »

I put really big graffiti in our guitar closet at Troy!

but the teacher let me... so it's not as cool... lol

I am not a color...

Master Rel
Game Master
Knight of the Consular Order
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1884

Martial artist, fabricator, chef, resident Ortolan

« Reply #35 on: July 25, 2012, 12:21:43 AM »

Oh, and "this one time at band camp" actually happens. We had a guy that liked to run around in tighty whities at night. He was darker in skin tone and blended in to the forest well, leaving the illusion that a pair of underwear was taking a midnight run by itself. We also threw a large stuffed animal out of a 12th story window at a competition in Vegas one time.

I was a teen camp councilor at a riverside camp I was working at for a summer...an entire High School marching band showed up for a 3 day weekend break to their band camp...and it was not my High School...there were many shenanigans...ah yes the clarinet twins...the river...good times good times.

I must admit I considered going back to band after that, but the lure of karate, judo, and soccer were to much for me lol.

Light side points please Smiley

Rassilon
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 11

Grey Jedi Consular

« Reply #36 on: July 25, 2012, 12:27:58 AM »

My senior Class Band prank was that we took all the chairs and stands out of our band room and set them up along with the directors podium around a tree outside the building. Then barricaded the bandroom door so noone could get in to it. The underclassmen hated us the next few days...haha.

"A "Grey Jedi" is someone who understands that what is "light" or "dark" is what resides in us, not in the Force, and seeks to better understand the whole of the Force without any restrictions or preconceptions."

Rassilon
Knight Sergeant

Grey Jedi Consular

« Reply #37 on: July 25, 2012, 02:58:01 AM »

I just had an Idea. Does anyone have the star wars sheet music, for the main theme? If so, find a way to get us a PDF. and then Let's all Record parts that fit it on our various instruments. Sort of like Eric Whitacre's Virtual choir. But with us. I'd be willing to edit it together. But if we all use the same key, and Have some fun with it, I think we can make this work. And it'd just be a cool project. I'd love to hear everyone's thoughts on this. As a Musician, record your individual part at the correct tempo using a metronome (online or real life) or We can have someone do a conducting video so we are all on tempo. be it choir, or trumpet, or bass. and for some of the sections maybe take some artistic flair. like, I intend to do a banjo line somewhere in it. if it fails, it fails, but i think it would be a neat project.

So. Who would be up for something like this?

Also, here's the Virtual choir video. Ignore the video, but the concept is kinda what I'm talking about.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7o7BrlbaDs" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7o7BrlbaDs</a>

"A "Grey Jedi" is someone who understands that what is "light" or "dark" is what resides in us, not in the Force, and seeks to better understand the whole of the Force without any restrictions or preconceptions."

Manroon
Knight Commander

« Reply #38 on: July 25, 2012, 03:11:42 AM »

If I can scrounge up a copy of the music and shake the rust off my guitar fingers I wouldn't mind trying this, but I dunno if I'll get it done very fast if I try it. lol

I am not a color...

Rassilon
Knight Sergeant

Grey Jedi Consular

« Reply #39 on: July 25, 2012, 03:26:08 AM »

If you can do that, I can take bits of what everyone has posted so far regarding instruments and make a new arrangement of it. which will take some time, so You'll have plenty to refresh yourself. haha.

RogueLeader
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 162

Apathy is death?...meh, I don't care

« Reply #40 on: July 25, 2012, 03:31:31 AM »

I have some of the music, OT only though. No Duel of the Fates... *sigh* Sad

I have a Sith's opinion of the Jedi and a Jedi's opinion of the Sith.

Light side points pl

Zephon
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 118

Zephon Nosta - Jedi Sentinel

« Reply #41 on: July 25, 2012, 03:39:33 AM »

I just had an Idea. Does anyone have the star wars sheet music, for the main theme? If so, find a way to get us a PDF. and then Let's all Record parts that fit it on our various instruments. Sort of like Eric Whitacre's Virtual choir. But with us. I'd be willing to edit it together. But if we all use the same key, and Have some fun with it, I think we can make this work. And it'd just be a cool project. I'd love to hear everyone's thoughts on this. As a Musician, record your individual part at the correct tempo using a metronome (online or real life) or We can have someone do a conducting video so we are all on tempo. be it choir, or trumpet, or bass. and for some of the sections maybe take some artistic flair. like, I intend to do a banjo line somewhere in it. if it fails, it fails, but i think it would be a neat project.

So. Who would be up for something like this?

Also, here's the Virtual choir video. Ignore the video, but the concept is kinda what I'm talking about.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7o7BrlbaDs#ws

Great idea, sounds interesting to be sure. I would have to get to my saxophone back in California, but I'd be willing to participate in that.

The Force Is The Blade Of The Heart.
            All Are Intertwined;
       The Crystal,
   The Blade,
The Jedi.
              You Are One.

Light Side Points Appreciated

TheHobbitofDune
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 473

« Reply #42 on: July 25, 2012, 03:53:09 AM »

I know part of the main theme on guitar. However I only have the built-in microphone and webcam on my laptop to record with, so the audio quality would be extremely horrid. Trust me, I've uploaded videos to Youtube before and they all came out bad. Otherwise I'd love to try this. Sounds very fun!

Manroon
Knight Commander

« Reply #43 on: July 25, 2012, 03:55:04 AM »

I have some of the music, OT only though. No Duel of the Fates... *sigh* Sad

OT rules. Though I DO like Across the Stars and the music from the two end duels of Ep III. The rest was good too, of course, but overall the OT music sticks to me more accept for the above mentioned, which hold equal to the OT score in my eyes.

I am not a color...

Rassilon
Knight Sergeant

Grey Jedi Consular

« Reply #44 on: July 25, 2012, 04:01:33 AM »

I know part of the main theme on guitar. However I only have the built-in microphone and webcam on my laptop to record with, so the audio quality would be extremely horrid. Trust me, I've uploaded videos to Youtube before and they all came out bad. Otherwise I'd love to try this. Sounds very fun!

Bury Anything in enough reverb and it sounds pretty. XD but we can totally work with it. obviously, the better then interface, the better the quality, but that's not really what this is about.

Also, I'm thinking like...The Main Title Theme of Star Wars. Classic, recognizable, and if our multi-instrumentalists out there do more than one instrument, it will sound fuller. Although, Duel of the Fates would be very helpful to get our vocalists involved here as well. Just a thought. We'd need like...75 minimum of them for it to sound good though. haha. 

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: