Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Down
Author Topic: Video Project -- I need your help Saber Forum!  (Read 21604 times)
Solinus
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -209

Black Star Sabers

« on: July 05, 2012, 12:38:57 AM »

Hi everyone. So I've had this video project running around in my mind for the last few weeks now. It's been BEGGING to get out of my head and onto the forums, but I haven't said anything because I hadn't done my own part yet. So what am I trying to do?

I want to create a video montage of as many Saber Forum members together as possible. Think of it this way: Someone watching the video would get an introductory glance at the Ultra Sabers product and the community at the same time. The way I personally see it is as kind of like the beginning to a TV show where there are clips of each of the cast members doing their thing, with one shot of them standing there and their name on the screen. Think like.. oh I dunno.. Knight Rider, The A-Team, or any other of your favorite TV shows and look at the intro to the show. That's what I want to do.

So what do I need from you? If you'd like to participate, I need about 30 seconds of video from you doing what you do best: spins, flourishes, strikes, poses. You can be in costume or you can be in regular clothes. It does need to be during the daylight, so having your saber on is not needed. I also don't need any sound as I am going to add music to the video. I don't need you to edit it and it doesn't need to be perfect as I will probably cut it up and reorder it anyway. I am looking to make the video about 4 or 5 minutes long, maybe a little longer, depending on how many people want to contribute and how much video I get from you.

Oh, one other thing. I'll need a still shot of you standing there so we can see you clearly and I can add your forum name to the shot.

What do you all think? Do you want to participate?

I'm doing it as a thank you gift to the US team for the hard work they do.

Oh, and here's a clip of my intro that I threw together today. This wont be the one I use. I'll make a new one, but this is sort of what I am looking for. Oh and don't mind the stupid face I was making... you have NO idea what I was thinking!

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MyuH_BKBcPc" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MyuH_BKBcPc</a>

Control your fear. Give in to your hate. Let it guide you along the path and soon you shall find yourself... home.

**Dark Side points appreciated.**

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 810

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2012, 12:48:37 AM »

I would love to participate, if I can get my hands on a proper video camera(my webcam takes horrendous video.)

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Master Bluespike74
Guardian Prime
Vanguard of the Azure Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 977

As long as there is light, I will be here.

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2012, 12:50:09 AM »

Hey, I am game.  I hope to have my Overlord Finished by the end of the month.  Would that be too late?

Guided by the Aing Tii Monks

Shodan in Shaolin Kempo Karate/Kung Fu/Jiu Jitsu

Yes, I am a color:  BLUE

Veldryne
The Second Chosen One
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 268

" Kind hearted jerk"

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2012, 12:51:38 AM »

Count me in mate, Ill get a video done sometime this week, maybe head back to that BA monastary ruins that donkay and i hit up earlier this week

"Corellians... no wonder the other Jedi didn't want you leaving your system."
"The rest of you were just afraid we wouldn't leave anything for you to do after we were done."
Luke & Corran (I,J)

BenPass
Knight of the Consular Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 690

Jedi Consular

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2012, 01:15:27 AM »

I'll try to get you something.

May the Force be with me? Sure! It can come along!
"Lux triumphat super obscurum" - "Light triumphs over darkness"

batty53
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 2

May the force be with you..... Always.....

« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2012, 02:51:32 AM »

I can try to get you something as well.  Get the Fiance to run the camera for me  Grin

Master VorNach
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 176

Mendicus esset tamen suus candeo.

« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2012, 04:00:12 AM »

Darth Nonymous and I usually get together Friday afternoons. Perhaps we can put together a joint clip for the project from TPLSA.

Cower not within yourself; whatever he says unto you, do not react to it; fight earnestly for yourself thusly;

https://sites.google.com/site/terraprimelightsaberacademy/
http://annarborsword.com/

Big Andy
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -173

Dark side points please.

« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2012, 05:58:24 AM »

I will see what I can do. Question as well if we're in a well lit room but are indoors will that work? Or do you want us outside?

The Jedi are simple minded fools who try to avoid there feeling when feelings are the path of true power. The Sith on the other hand are just as foolish in only using anger to fuel there power. To unlock true power one must utilize all of one's emotions.

Darth Rifter
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -200

Darth Rifter and Jedi Keldor...Darn it I forgot.

« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2012, 06:04:08 AM »

Boss and I get definitely get you something separate or together by the 22nd.

Master Lucien Kane
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 296

Jedi Knight of the Old Republic

« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2012, 07:36:35 AM »

I'm in dude.

Solinus
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -209

Black Star Sabers

« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2012, 09:49:39 AM »

All... thank you very much. This will be an awesome project! Let's see if I can answer some questions.

ThreadJack: The videos I took were with my cell phone. Whatever you can find would be good enough, I am sure...

Blue: I don't have a hard date at the moment. So when ever you can find the time...

Veldryne: That monastery would be awesome stuff...

Ben: Awesome!

Batty: Whatever gets the job done, right?! My son was holding my cell phone during my videos...

VorNach: I'm sure you and Master Nonymous will provide something wonderful!

Big Andy: Where ever you feel comfortable. This is a project showcasing our community and our sabers, not location. Shoot where ever you like...

Rifter: Awesome dude! Can't wait to see it!!

Lucien: I knew you'd hop on this! Can't wait to see what you provide!

The only thing I see as being a problem is getting me the videos. Any suggestions? The videos can be fairly large in size. Mine was about 40MB. I was thinking like a Google docs upload or something like that.

Control your fear. Give in to your hate. Let it guide you along the path and soon you shall find yourself... home.

**Dark Side points appreciated.**

BenPass
Knight of the Consular Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 690

Jedi Consular

« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2012, 01:26:56 PM »

The only thing I see as being a problem is getting me the videos. Any suggestions? The videos can be fairly large in size. Mine was about 40MB. I was thinking like a Google docs upload or something like that.

It's easy enough to load a clip to YouTube (even keeping it private) and just posting the link here or PMing it to you.

May the Force be with me? Sure! It can come along!
"Lux triumphat super obscurum" - "Light triumphs over darkness"

Veldryne
The Second Chosen One
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 268

" Kind hearted jerk"

« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2012, 03:30:06 PM »

He wouldn't be able to download it though

"Corellians... no wonder the other Jedi didn't want you leaving your system."
"The rest of you were just afraid we wouldn't leave anything for you to do after we were done."
Luke & Corran (I,J)

Kham-Ryn Kurios
Sentinel Prime; Knight of the HoloNet Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1723

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2012, 03:35:03 PM »

This is dope, I'm down.

I'll need to either spider-man my camera to something or wait till MJ gets home.

It's morning and it nice and cool, all will change in a few hours though. hmmmm...
« Last Edit: July 05, 2012, 03:40:29 PM by Kham-Ryn Kurios » Logged

/LIGHT SIDE POINTS PLEASE\
‎Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

darth khatai
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -23

« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2012, 03:39:44 PM »

I can try to get you something by the end of the month. Hopefully my saber will be in by then. Bonus: should be in costume. ^^

Dionaea - Adegan Silver Raven

"The Force will set me free."

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: