Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down
Author Topic: Full tutorial of how to wire a ultimate fx Qui-Gon soundcard into an ultrasaber  (Read 74477 times)
lorddeathbane
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: -12

« Reply #30 on: January 09, 2013, 09:04:35 AM »

Great videos! This is great info. I got me a star killer saber and i believe the hole is 1 inch wide. I wonder if the ultrasabers speaker combo would fit in that and if not what other options are there? because i want to have sound. The saber itself already has led in it.

bruzer79
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 12

« Reply #31 on: January 12, 2013, 04:13:02 PM »

I believe I read earlier in the thread that the speaker\battery pack combo is a bit more than 1", so you'd have trouble I'm thinking. On the other hand, the speaker that already in the qui gon saber used in the video's is tiiiiny and will likely fit. I reused it for my dominix v2.

lorddeathbane
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: -12

« Reply #32 on: January 16, 2013, 03:44:17 AM »

hmmm sounds like i might have to find someone who can get ahold of one and install it for me. is there anyone willing to do that here?

spn_phoenix_92
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: 40

« Reply #33 on: January 18, 2013, 06:57:54 AM »

This is just what I needed to finish my saber, thank you! But I do have a question, is it possible just to use a 4 x AAA battery pack and speaker from radioshack instead of the ultrasabers one? I do love ultrasabers quality, but $18.50+$17.50 shipping is a little much for me right now for just a battery pack.

Customized Shock LE - FO + Obsidian/Old Republic Font
Manticore - FO + Ultimate FX Qui-Gon Soundboard
Customized Dark Initiate V3 - DVA/SRD FOC + Obsidian/Black Star Font

Big Andy
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -173

Dark side points please.

« Reply #34 on: January 25, 2013, 09:06:36 AM »

This is just what I needed to finish my saber, thank you! But I do have a question, is it possible just to use a 4 x AAA battery pack and speaker from radioshack instead of the ultrasabers one? I do love ultrasabers quality, but $18.50+$17.50 shipping is a little much for me right now for just a battery pack.

As far as I know the radio shack one should work just fine.

The Jedi are simple minded fools who try to avoid there feeling when feelings are the path of true power. The Sith on the other hand are just as foolish in only using anger to fuel there power. To unlock true power one must utilize all of one's emotions.

porkrot
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 8

« Reply #35 on: January 25, 2013, 01:26:50 PM »

Hey mate im planning on doing this mod to 2 V2's i know stupid but anyway lithium ion with the 4watt speaker will this work ok ? i know the voltage is almost identical but will the 4watt speaker be ok with the ultimate fx board? thanks for the videos mate they are awesome and people like you make people with my income be able to own the toys / weapons that made us fall in love with the star wars universe

Power corrupts
absolute power
corrupts absolutely

Vex
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -402

« Reply #36 on: January 25, 2013, 02:40:13 PM »

The Ultimate FX board will not go into a V2 hilt.

dark side points please

porkrot
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #37 on: January 25, 2013, 04:08:32 PM »

he states in the video that he wired up an initiate. i was assuming that it would ?

Power corrupts
absolute power
corrupts absolutely

porkrot
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #38 on: January 25, 2013, 04:21:47 PM »

If im using the lithium ion with speaker combo i will have the spot for the soundboard on the battery pack wouldn't i ? im not in anyway trying to be an ass or argue with you.

Power corrupts
absolute power
corrupts absolutely

bruzer79
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 12

« Reply #39 on: January 25, 2013, 11:02:22 PM »

Ive been trying for weeks to get this crammed into a V2. Im not willing to say its impossible yet. I will say there's a high degree of difficulty. Its pure space limitations.

You're not going to be able to use the same speaker\battery pack combo he used, its too big. You'll have to find a different speaker, even if you use the really crappy one that comes in the UFX saber.

Big Andy
Knight Commander

Dark side points please.

« Reply #40 on: January 25, 2013, 11:26:18 PM »

The initiate V3 is darn near impossible to fit the sound board in unless your using the lithium li-lon setup, I can only imagine how difficult the V2 is. That is why I suggested either the liberator or the shock bodies. The libby still requires a little cram-fu but is doable, the shock is easy peasy that why I used a shock in the tutorial video. 

The Jedi are simple minded fools who try to avoid there feeling when feelings are the path of true power. The Sith on the other hand are just as foolish in only using anger to fuel there power. To unlock true power one must utilize all of one's emotions.

porkrot
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #41 on: January 26, 2013, 03:56:05 AM »

i want the v2 simply for its size and i think with claws and sound i would be something special and different and in a set of 2 the will be awesome for my sith assassin getup. i need a smaller saber i like 1handed sabers and the bigger hilts just feel wrong in one hand.

Power corrupts
absolute power
corrupts absolutely

Big Andy
Knight Commander

Dark side points please.

« Reply #42 on: January 26, 2013, 06:06:52 AM »

i want the v2 simply for its size and i think with claws and sound i would be something special and different and in a set of 2 the will be awesome for my sith assassin getup. i need a smaller saber i like 1handed sabers and the bigger hilts just feel wrong in one hand.

Well all I can say is to add sound to a initiate V2 is beyond my skill. The initiate V3 is doable (I know from experience) but difficult because you have to be a master of the ancient art of cram-fu, as far as smaller hilts go the shock can be small if you go with a different pommel and/or emitter, also the prophecy is a smaller hilt although I don't know what the internals look like because I myself don't have one so I don't know how crammed it would be inside. Back to the shock, it really isn't all that big, my 5 yr old nephew has no problem using mine as long as he uses both hands and I have a 24" (heavy grade) blade on it.

porkrot
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #43 on: January 26, 2013, 09:31:58 AM »

i pulled my sons Vader saber apart today. he has no interest in it anymore because mines cooler lol but i think ill be able to make it fit im an electrician so hopefully i can rewire the lot minimize the cable and get a neat clean finish. i understand the task but i think i can make it work if not there is always hammers  Grin

Power corrupts
absolute power
corrupts absolutely

porkrot
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #44 on: February 02, 2013, 09:08:02 AM »

Question. Andy i didnt see if you used a resistor/buckpuck anywhere ? do you not need one with the sound board. or have your cram-fu'd it out of sight

Power corrupts
absolute power
corrupts absolutely

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: