Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Dark Liberator V3 - raffle prize and Red Liberator V2 grab bag.  (Read 2771 times)
Xanedan
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: 49

Photography Geek

« on: May 30, 2012, 12:46:50 AM »

I was intending to post this a few days ago, but some unfortunate crunch time at work over the weekend had me away from the computer for a few days.  I still haven't been able to get outside with these yet, but I wanted to get the ball rolling on this.

Last week I got a pretty awesome package in the mail, containing a:

My raffle prize, a Dark Liberator V3 with Obsidian and a grab bag that I'd ordered to give away as a gift which ended up being a red anodized Liberator, in Adegan Silver.

My first impression on the grab bag saber was overwhelmingly positive.  The color combination works incredibly well, and it is by and large the thinnest ultra saber I've ever handled.

(size comparison between my grab bag liberator and V3 Initiate)

Like it's really, really thin and light.  Very comfortable to hold.  It's intended as a gift for my boss, who has very small hands and stands somewhere around 4'10.  So it's quite fitting I imagine.  We'll both leave this work center and country around the same time, so I'll be sure to update with another post for the gift giving.  

--------------------

The dark liberator V3 is just awesome.  As with most vented pommel sabers the Obsidian sound board is almost too loud as there's nothing standing in the way of the speaker.  In a quiet room it's pretty startling how much sound it puts out.

The smooth design of the hilt isn't as bothersome as I thought it would be, a good pair of grippy gloves and it won't go anywhere.

It came with a heavy grade blade, which I replaced, but I like having heavy grades on hand to play around with.  

It works really well in either hand, but I'll probably wield it as a two handed saber.

(Comparison between the Dark Liberator and one of my other two handed sabers, the Raven)

I'll update this again soon as I can get outside with it and swing it around with some conviction.  So far very promising though.

Thank you Ultra Sabers, for the quality I've come to expect, and the wonderfully generous raffles that you do so often.  

Initiate V2 - SY, Dark Initiate V2 - DVA
Initiate V3 - SY, Dark Initiate V3 - DVA
SS Raven, Dark War Consular, Dark Prophecy V3

Guardian Xentai Kaarz
Knight Arbiter

Force Alignment: 20

Knights of the Lost Republic

« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2012, 02:54:07 AM »

Those are some great sabers! I'm happy for you on such an epic win with these finely crafted pieces. The AS looks amazing with a red anodized hilt, i immediatley thought of an Imperial Knight when i saw it.. and the dark liberator is so simple but has a perfect sith look.  I love when a simple design has sound added(as with your v3 initiate) , it just takes the saber that extra mile.  Good job

GB Aeon v3 LE
BH Obsidian Bellicose
LIGHTSIDE POINTS!!

Luna
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 550

This land is peaceful, its inhabitants kind...

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2012, 12:30:01 PM »

Wow, I didn't realize there was such a large difference between the V2 and V3 Liberators.... I love how thin my V2 is, so I don't think I would like the V3 nearly as much. Of course, if I got it for free, I would gladly take it Wink I also like the Red Libby in AS. Until I got my grab bag AS Libby, I thought that only black anodized hilts would look nice with AS, but that has changed entirely. Good review, you get a point.

no

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: