Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: My New Arbiter  (Read 2919 times)
BenPass
Knight of the Consular Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 690

Jedi Consular

« on: May 07, 2012, 08:04:02 PM »

Okay, first off I have to apologize for the lack of pictures. Those will be on later tonight but my camera's batteries are dead and my memory card is with my computer at the church. I was working on some stuff and forgot my computer in my office. That having been said, I'll do my review now and post pics later on.

*The Order and Service*
Of course service was phenomenal as always. I have never been disappointed with Ultra Sabers and I don't expect to be any time soon. As you know, I ordered the Arbiter in Consular Green with Obsidian Sound, Green AV switch and Quick Disconnects. I ordered a Sentinel Yellow MLS unit, Li-Ion setup with buckpuck and got my raffle ticket and a free t-shirt. I didn't order Flash on Clash simply because I wanted my batteries to last longer and I read some people's reviews saying that it drained batteries quicker so I opted out of it. I placed the order around 10:30-11:00 one morning and by midnight it had shipped. That is what I call incredible!

*The T-shirt*
When I first opened the box today I saw the t-shirt that I had received for free! It is the Galaxy back in XXXL. I ordered 3X because I'm really tall and most 2Xs are too short in the body. I'm really pleased with the shirt and the fit. I would suggest getting one size up from what you normally wear because this fits like a tall 2X. So that's great for me, but if you think you're a 2X, it might be safer to go for 3X. Just my thoughts of course.

*The MLS*
I'm putting the MLS before the saber itself in this review because I want to explain something. I ordered Sunrider's Destiny and specified that I would like it to be Sentinel Yellow instead. When it arrived it was SRD. Now, I am not complaining in the least bit. After looking at it, I really, really, ree-hee-hheeeally like the SRD. I sent an email in to Emory when I saw that it was SY and I'm sure he'll have a solution, but to be honest I'm happy with the SRD and I might just order another MLS and make sure that one is SY. So, it was a surprise and I'm sure I just a mistake, but everything is working out great because I love the color. Oh, also, the QDs are really easy to work! I was worried that I might not be able to figure it out, but it's a snap (literally and figuratively lol)

EDIT - I just got a response back from Emory and he's looking into it and asked for my order number. I said in both emails that I just wanted to see if I made a mistake in ordering but he still apologized that it happened. These guys are great and fast too! Extra point for customer service!

*The AV Switch*
Alright, not only is the AV (Anti-Vandal) switch just plain cool, I really think that it makes the saber look so much more real/authentic. Really pleased with the green color (I am a Consular after all), and with how it goes so well with the CG and SRD. I've noticed some people saying that theirs wobbles a little but mine doesn't always all. It is really unobtrusive and feels right. I think all sabers should have AV switches; even if they aren't illuminated. It just really ties the saber together.

*The Sound*
I just love the Obsidian Soundboard! When I ordered my first saber, I got sound because I thought it would be my only saber...silly me. I think that a saber isn't a saber without Obsidian Sound. My dear though, the Arbiter is so much louder than my Liberator V3! They both have the same pommel, but the Arbiter blows it away! I will say that the soundboard was a little loose on the battery pack so I stuck a bit of tape around it to be safe. Also, the speaker was too big and got stuck in the hilt. I tried the tried and true method of smacking it into my hand...nothing. I tried hitting it on a cloth on the counter...nothing. Thank the Lord that the Arbiter comes apart into so many pieces! I was able to get a good strong pen down through the wires and push the battery pack out. I sanded down the Outer edge of the speaker and it is much better now. Good thing I remembered that ed_ification had the same issue before. I was freaking out lol.

*The Saber*
I'll stop toying with you and do the blade and hilt review now. The blade was, of course, midgrade. I love how it looked on my Libby and I went for it again. It makes both SRD and CG pop nicely. It's also nice and secure in the emitter. As to the hilt itself, I love it!! I had been wanting an Arbiter ever since I first discovered US but I didn't have the money for it before and the Liberator V3 was on sale when I ordered. Don't get me wrong, I love my Libby but the Arbiter and Archon are my dream sabers. When I paid off my credit card, I celebrated by ordering the Arbiter and I couldn't be happier!

I was really surprised by the weight. Maybe it's just me, but it seems to be lighter than my Libby even though it's longer. It feels great though and despite its longer size, the weight is VERY well balanced and feels great to wield. I can use it as a one handed saber because of my height and reach, but it feels so perfect with two hands. The different grips are spectacular to look at but also to grip. I love the pommel. I fell in love with it when I got my Libby with the Arbiter/Archon pommel, and I just love how it is a perfect stopping point for your hand when sliding the saber.

I really like how the hilt separates into four pieces. Like I said earlier, it was a life saver when the pattern pack was stuck. I love the emitter and how it has the same ROTJ Luke vibe on the choke point. And that is a great hand-hold for one handing. The retention screw sticks out more than I'm used to. With my Libby, the screw is flush, but the Arbiter does stick out a bit. Not a problem and I do like the look of it. I don't notice it at all when wielding it, and when I'm not holding it, it just looks like it belongs there.

*Overall*
I am thrilled with this order! I couldn't be happier! The saber is really durable as you would expect from US and bright as well. I have nothing but good to say about their craftsmanship and customer service. They truly have a satisfied customer in Benjamin Pass. Oh, and they included an extra set of batteries in with my order! I don't know if that's something new or what but that was a nice surprise!

When I got my Liberator V3, I waited until night to try it out and I was thrilled. When I got my Arbiter, I finished what I was doing, had a shower, donned my US t-shirt and went outside to practice. I was out there for nearly an hour before I started getting over heated (yeah I'm out of shape), but I do think want to put the saber down! I didn't with my Libby either, but my dear, this is what a lightsaber is supposed to be!

Like I said earlier, I'll post pics later on tonight once I get my camera, memory card and computer back. Thanks for reading the review. I hope it was informative!

May the Force be with you!

*Pasbe Stemon - Jedi Consular

May the Force be with me? Sure! It can come along!
"Lux triumphat super obscurum" - "Light triumphs over darkness"

Lord Cooler
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -80

« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2012, 08:20:02 PM »

Congrats on the saber! Grin Can't wait to see the pics.

RGB Raven "Stalker"
BR Overlord "Doombringer"
GB Prophecy "Salvation"
BR Malice "Reaver"
SRD Bellicose "Protector"
DVA Dominix v3 LE "Corruption"
GB Raven "Azure"

Xanedan
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: 49

Photography Geek

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2012, 08:54:52 PM »

Troubles aside (US is really good at fixing errors like this) I'm glad you like the saber and SRD.  Also, as someone who recently got their first AV switch equipped sabers, I couldn't agree with you more on that point.  They really complete the saber. 

Initiate V2 - SY, Dark Initiate V2 - DVA
Initiate V3 - SY, Dark Initiate V3 - DVA
SS Raven, Dark War Consular, Dark Prophecy V3

Kham-Ryn Kurios
Sentinel Prime; Knight of the HoloNet Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1723

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2012, 09:00:01 PM »

Great review.

Bummer about the MLS but at least you know what SRD looks like. Grin

Point.

/LIGHT SIDE POINTS PLEASE\
‎Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Manroon
Protector of Abused Dungeon Rancors
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 832

Nova Six, two lit and in the green.

« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2012, 09:08:13 PM »

SRD would look sick on that, you'll have to put up pics of that combo. Wink I can tell you though, SY is sort of THE color for that saber. You'll love that. You may actually forget about other colors. lol

I am not a color...

A Knight can serve only one Master.

BenPass
Knight Commander

Jedi Consular

« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2012, 09:17:40 PM »

Thanks everyone! I will definitely have pics up tonight. After supper I'll head over and get my stuff from the office and then swing by my fiancée's place. I'll get some pics there and then upload them when I get home (don't want to kill her limited internet).

SRD really does look sick on the Arbiter. Like I said, I just may need to get both SY and SRD lol. Of course CG looks good on it too Wink I know SY is going to be epic, but I don't know if I could quite forget about the others lol *wink wink*

BenPass
Knight Commander

Jedi Consular

« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2012, 12:23:59 AM »

So here are the much awaited pics!!! And yes, there are quite a few.

First, everything that came in the box other than the bubble wrap and the t-shirt which I'm wearing.

Some pics of the QDs just in case people wonder what they look like (I didn't know what they looked like before I ordered).

Here's the hilt.

The length comparison to my Liberator V3.

The CG.

The SRD! The pics look very close to what my eye sees. It represents the color nicely.

Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1641

Suns of the Force

« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2012, 01:17:33 AM »

Very pretty hilt, and my favorite lightsaber color!  I love it.  Great review man.

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2034

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2012, 01:21:45 AM »

Nice saber. I like the SRD more. When you want QD's, does US pick random colors? Say you pick a QD, then your original saber is CG, then you get say a GB QD, is that how it works?

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

BenPass
Knight Commander

Jedi Consular

« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2012, 01:23:50 AM »

Nice saber. I like the SRD more. When you want QD's, does US pick random colors? Say you pick a QD, then your original saber is CG, then you get say a GB QD, is that how it works?

You have to buy the MLS unit, Modular Light System, and you specify your color. QDs are the black clips.

Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1641

Suns of the Force

« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2012, 01:24:59 AM »

Yeah QD only refers to the system they install in the saber itself.  If you want a second color, you have to buy a separate MLS unit.

Manroon
Knight Commander

« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2012, 03:54:55 AM »

I am again reminded that I love SRD. And that I love my Arbiter.

BenPass, all I can say to you now is... Welcome to Arby's. Grin

I am not a color...

BenPass
Knight Commander

Jedi Consular

« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2012, 03:55:53 AM »

I am again reminded that I love SRD. And that I love my Arbiter.

BenPass, all I can say to you now is... Welcome to Arby's. Grin

Why thank you...can I get some curly fries? I'm hungry!

Manroon
Knight Commander

« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2012, 04:23:53 AM »

Blast, now I want French Dip. French Dip and Po-tah-toe cakes. Mmmmmm Cheesy

I am not a color...

BenPass
Knight Commander

Jedi Consular

« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2012, 04:26:07 AM »

Blast, now I want French Dip. French Dip and Po-tah-toe cakes. Mmmmmm Cheesy

Yeah a nice thick sandwich! What were we talking about? Lol

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: