Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
Author Topic: Grab Bag: Let The Force Decide  (Read 13228 times)
ZequarX
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: 23

« on: March 15, 2012, 03:29:17 PM »

Hey guys, brand new to the forums, but uber excited to be apart of the community! SO I've finally convinced my wife to let me get an ultra saber and decided to go with the grab bag for 2 reasons: 1) It's much cheaper than the other ones, and saving money is always a good thing. 2) I feel like doing the grab bag that its like fate, or in our case, The Force, that picks out my saber. I dunno if anyone else has ever looked at it from this perspective but I'm a big nerd and try to make ever experience exciting! So once I get home tonight I will be ordering the grab bag special and hope for a speedy delivery Smiley

This is also the start of something cool I've wanted to do for some time now. I have convinced my brother, 2 cousins, and possibly my dad to get their own sabers so we could meet up weekly to train and make wicked videos of us sparring! My brother has already ordered his so crossing my fingers by next weeks end that we can start sparring. I will keep everyone informed on whats going on and post pictures of the saber once I get it! Wish me luck!

When you give in to yourself and overcome you fears... The rest is easy- Sid Rigel

Light side points, please Smiley

"Dude I've been trying to get a hold of you all day."
"Oh, I'm sorry man, I was puttin up my Christmas tree!"
"Dude... it's July."
"Get the eff outta here?!?!"

Luna
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 550

This land is peaceful, its inhabitants kind...

« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2012, 03:32:17 PM »

I love the grab bag! Just received one, actually, an AS (I had specified that) Liberator V2. Welcome to the foruums, and I hope you get something awesome!

no

Vex
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -402

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2012, 04:49:06 PM »

Welcome to the forum. Grab bags are a lot of fun! And somewhat addictive. I seems to have become super popular lately. Good luck with your saber, you'll like it no matter which you get.

dark side points please

Niassa
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: 31

Niassa - Lady of the Force's Will

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2012, 06:10:47 PM »

Welcome to the community, and congratulations on your purchase! It's sooo nervewracking waiting for your delivery when you have no idea what you're getting, I know, I ordered two GB sabers a month or so ago. I ended up getting a BR Dominix v2, and a GB Liberator v2. I am SO happy with those, you have no idea. Smiley

So now I'm just waiting to see how I can go about converting them over to sound equipped units using the "616" or "Joe Jedi" boards from the Master Replicas Lightsaber Construction Kit. "Patience, Luke!" You'll love them, I promise - it's so worth it to be happily surprised by what shows up, and I have to say that the ones I got are just... incredible. They feel so perfect in the hand, the Liberator especially, so smooth and flawless. You'll never be disappointed by a GB saber now that they've switched over to all aluminum hilts in the GB.

"I am the Force's ally - My only desire is the Force's Will." - Niassa, Corellian Jedi with Dark leanings, but always serves the light.

Sabers:
SRD Prophecy v3
GB Liberator v2 - 616 Sound
BR Dominix v2

Luna
Knight Commander

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2012, 06:27:01 PM »

Everybody seems to be getting Liberators or Dark Liberators from grab bags these days.... I love the one I got and I'm glad I ordered the grab bag - it was a saber/color combination that I had never really thought of before, but it looks awesome and feels even better.

no

ZequarX
Knight Templar

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2012, 08:01:41 PM »

Thanks for the warm welcome you guys! I know I will love my GB no matter what, but you guys are right, it's very nerveracking! And my patience is being heavily tested right now: My wife told me Monday to wait till today, because she got paid and wanted to get it for me as a gift. (Sweet and lovely- that's why I married her. She's also a pretty big nerd as well!) Well, she tells me today that she just switched banks and withdrew all her money...AND she cant get a temporary card until the acct has been opened 24 hrs... SO, unfortunately, I now have to wait till tomorrow.. ULTIMATE SAD FACE! Sad   Cry   Sad   Cry

So, like I said, my patience is being heavily tested lol. I guess my excitement has grown because I dont know what I'm gonna get or what color the blade will be...I kinda just wish I could hiberante until it shipped to my house...

Any of the hilts would be awesome but a part of me wants the Standard Issue or the Liberator. I like the longer, sleeker designs on those. The Aeon would be wicked as well!

Well I'll still keep you guys updated on eveything, but I promise it will be ordered bright and early tomorrow  Grin

When you give in to yourself and overcome you fears... The rest is easy- Sid Rigel

"Dude... it's July."

ZequarX
Knight Templar

« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2012, 09:17:25 PM »

Sometimes, guys, something very cool happens. SO my wife txts me and tells me that if I have the money to go ahead and order it! BUT... I'm like $16 short lol. No biggie, I'll just wait till tomorrow... THEN I got an extra $20 from my pops. ( We both work at the same place.) So my GB is officially ordered! Thanks Dad, for giving me life and the extra cash to get my first saber! Two-legit-no quit!

"Dude... it's July."

Luna
Knight Commander

« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2012, 11:10:41 PM »

I own both the DSI and the Liberator now, and they're great - although I do like the looks of the Liberator slightly better.

no

Manroon
Protector of Abused Dungeon Rancors
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 832

Nova Six, two lit and in the green.

« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2012, 12:55:56 AM »

1) Welcome! Always good to see a new face around here. Smiley
2) Grab Bags FTW! One of my first two sabers was a grab bag, and I landed a Guardian Blue Standard Issue V2. It's since become sort of my go to hilt and a favorite dueling saber as far as my soundless hilts go. They are super easy to customize, have a great balance and feel with heavy grade blades, and you would be amazed what a little model paint does in those rings... lol I've also done three other Grab Bags, mostly as gifts for friends, and they are really so much fun to do. You often get something you never considered ordering, and fall in love with it at first sight.

I am not a color...

A Knight can serve only one Master.

Darth_Danton
Knight Arbiter

Force Alignment: -11

I have seen the future and I will rule it!

« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2012, 01:22:09 AM »

You often get something you never considered ordering, and fall in love with it at first sight.

that is so true!! I love my grab bag! and my little brother just ordered one!

Darth Cestual
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: -50

« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2012, 01:30:30 AM »

My 1st saber was a grab bag for the exact same reasons.  Grin  Welcome to a great community ZequarX!

Chainmale75
Knight Major

Force Alignment: 49

Control your emotions, Don't let them control you.

« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2012, 01:35:24 AM »

I don't know about the Liberator, BUT the Dark Standard issue is a awesome hilt. VERY comfy to hold and swing. Hope you get something nice, and Welcome to you new addiction. You might want to sign in here....http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=2554.0   Grin

Prophesy V3,CG,Obsidian:
Shock LE, DVA, Obsidian:
x2-Dominix V2 LE, FO/BR Stunt:
DSI V2, AS, Stunt:
Aeon V4, CG stunt;
Apprentice GB stunt;
x2 Initiate V3 SD/SY stunts;
Dominix V3 PO stunt;

ZequarX
Knight Templar

« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2012, 11:58:21 AM »

Thanks again to all who have givin me a warm welcome! Its not too often you join a new forum and everyone seems genuinely happy that you've joined!! I will def sign in under that topic Chainmale, cuz I am an official and I haven't even got to hold my 1st saber... That can't be good for the blood pressure lol. My excitement is looking towards the future mostly when all my other friends and family decide to join the addiction! And then there's my son. He'll be 2 in may and he's a monster of a kid already. Super smart, tall and lanky like his dad. I hope that one day when he's a tad older that he see's my saber and wants one of his own. Then I can teach him the ways of the Jedi or Sith, depending on what flavor kool-aid you like, and we can spar with each other! It's gonna be so fun to introduce him into the world of Star Wars!

"Dude... it's July."

Niassa
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: 31

Niassa - Lady of the Force's Will

« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2012, 01:33:13 PM »

Be warned about the path of the Dark Side. Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny. And, kids have a tendency to not regulate their swings too much, and they can do some pretty good damage to you with a 36" blade and a good swing, lol. Smiley

Besides, how many Sith ultimately betray their own masters?

"I am the Force's ally - My only desire is the Force's Will." - Niassa, Corellian Jedi with Dark leanings, but always serves the light.

Sabers:
SRD Prophecy v3
GB Liberator v2 - 616 Sound
BR Dominix v2

Luna
Knight Commander

« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2012, 01:55:24 PM »

Be warned about the path of the Dark Side. Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny. And, kids have a tendency to not regulate their swings too much, and they can do some pretty good damage to you with a 36" blade and a good swing, lol. Smiley

Besides, how many Sith ultimately betray their own masters?

Sith aren't the only Dark Siders.... the Manifestation of the Dark Side of the Force, otherwise known as the Son, was not a Sith Cool No masters to betray there Wink

Thanks again to all who have givin me a warm welcome! Its not too often you join a new forum and everyone seems genuinely happy that you've joined!!

You're most welcome Smiley This is also one of very few places I've seen where it doesn't seem like 50% of all users are trolls and flamers.

no

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: