Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Noob question  (Read 700 times)
Tremor1990
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: -5

« on: February 28, 2012, 03:45:48 AM »

I am trying to pic out my first US and I am looking at getting a initiate v3 or a dominix v3. My fear is that the initiate might be too small but that the dominix might be too big. Could someone that owns either one of these post pics of them being handled with both hands on the hilt? It would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Big Boss
Mandalore
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -323

Galactic basic you nerfherder! Do you speak it!?

« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2012, 03:51:53 AM »

Pictures do help but the best option is to find an old broom stick or a cardboard tube and measure out the handle lengths so you get the idea of how long these hilts are when you are physically holding them, cause other members pics can be deceiving. All our hands are of different sizes  what one may find as a good length another may find too small.

the Initiate v3 is 1.45" wide and 9.5" long

the Dominix v3 is 1.45" wide and 12.25" long
« Last Edit: February 28, 2012, 03:56:05 AM by Big Boss » Logged

One must die and one must live. No victory, no defeat. The survivor will carry on the fight. It is our destiny... The one who survives will inherit the title of Boss.-BIG BASS

Tremor1990
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: -5

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2012, 04:12:00 AM »

Pictures do help but the best option is to find an old broom stick or a cardboard tube and measure out the handle lengths so you get the idea of how long these hilts are when you are physically holding them, cause other members pics can be deceiving. All our hands are of different sizes  what one may find as a good length another may find too small.

the Initiate v3 is 1.45" wide and 9.5" long

the Dominix v3 is 1.45" wide and 12.25" long

That's a good idea, I will try that, thanks.

Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1641

Suns of the Force

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2012, 01:16:41 PM »

Yeah it's a tough call because hands can be very different sizes.  I have rather large hands and find the Dominix to be a good single or two handed saber, whereas I consider the Initiate to be  more single handed.

Of course like I said, someone with smaller hands could rather easily utilize the Initiate as a two handed weapon.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: