Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: A few questions!  (Read 2396 times)
blackluc
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 0

« on: February 26, 2012, 09:40:37 PM »

After searching for sabers a lot I think I made my choice of getting mine here since the price is good for what if offers.

My budget isn't high, so even if my favorite is the Dark Shock LE, I am also looking at the Dark Initiate LE since it's cheaper.  I would put a guardian pommel to the DI to make it look better.

The thing is that on the Dark Shock LE I could put a guardian pommel (or maybe an other one) and this http://www.ultrasabers.com/Screw-on-LED-blade-holder-style-12-new-style-P294.aspx
and I could also have the quick change option to change the color later.  That means I would pay more right now but if ever in the future I want a new color I could just change it instead of a new saber.
Honestly since I'm waiting on my Sith costume that I just paid, I don't think I will go "jedi" soon.  But having the option is still nice.

So my questions, what are your suggestions, what's the best in this case, your opinions?  I want to save money, I don't duel much (this would be my first saber to be able to duel) and I want this more for a saber to spin arround in events with my cool costume

If I take the Dark Shock LE, is there a way a can change the pommel before buying instead of buying a new pommel after getting it and be stuck with two pommels?
And if I get the Dark Shock LE and I change the emitter, will the quick disconnect work properly with a piece from TCSS or it really has to be a part from Ultra Sabers?
People talk about the sabers getting the pulse effect soon, I don't know how that works.  Is it a downloadable update?  Or it's with the electronics, meaning if I buy now I won't be able to get it?

And hmm I don't see any covertec knob on the Dark Initiate LE, can I ask for one or something?

I guess that's it for now... Thanks!   

Arakan Steele
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: 17

AKA - Darth Xion

« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2012, 11:51:04 PM »

If you really think you'll want to change the color later on, then yes definitely get the quick-disconnect option now, otherwise you'll be talking about cutting and re-wiring and if you're not skilled to do that yourself you'd likely spend more money having it re-wired than you would to just buy another saber.

As for the emitter, that has nothing to do with the LED, the light itself sits inside the handle, the emitter piece is what actually holds the blade on. So the quick-disconnect has nothing to do with switching out your emitter with a different style. (AFAIK)

As for it (Dark Shock) being compattable with TCSS parts... it says so right on the description page...
"The emitter and pommel are both removable and are both compatible with TCSS MHS parts."

And to answer your covertec wheel question, the answer lies in the FAQ...
http://www.ultrasabers.com/help_answer.asp?ID=21#294

I'm sure someone else more knowledgable can answer the rest of your questions for you.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2012, 11:54:18 PM by Arakan Steele » Logged

Dark War Glaive - Blazing Red (Xion's Flame)

"Who's the more foolish: the fool, or the fool who follows him?"

blackluc
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2012, 01:22:04 AM »

Thanks

An other question is about the FoC.  If I take the blazing red what other color should I get?  Orange for the FoC?  I want it "natural" and not a contrast color

Zurth
Knight Captain

Force Alignment: 35

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2012, 01:23:18 AM »

Thanks

An other question is about the FoC.  If I take the blazing red what other color should I get?  Orange for the FoC?  I want it "natural" and not a contrast color

You can't get some colours to flash certain other colours. I would suggest looking at the spreadsheet showing the colours that clash
http://img840.imageshack.us/img840/8379/newfoc.jpg

Lightsabers:
Dark Initiate V2: BR
Dark Initiate V2 LE: CG, VA
Dark Liberator V2: AS
Red SI Battle Saber: V2 FO

Arakan Steele
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: 17

AKA - Darth Xion

« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2012, 01:28:30 AM »

Thanks

Orange would probably look good, your best bet would be to comb through the videos and see some FoC in action, see what colors are being used and what looks good together. If you're undecided, I believe Silver makes a good "default" (for lack of a better word) FoC color... it seems to work well with pretty much any color.

(not sure why it's not available for Orange though, that seems to be the only color that you can't get to flash silver for some reason)

Dark War Glaive - Blazing Red (Xion's Flame)

"Who's the more foolish: the fool, or the fool who follows him?"

Osmethae
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: 84

« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2012, 01:30:19 AM »

Thanks

Even with silver FoC on the red, it still has a bit of a tint to it making it look orangish. I always feel like silver is the most movie accurate flash so that's what I have on all my sabers.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yyYH2t_qkuQ" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yyYH2t_qkuQ</a>

Light side points please :]
CG Archon v2 customized to Luke's RotJ with Obsidian sound
BR Bellicose with Obsidian sound
GB Phantom Initiate v3 staff with Obsidian sound
DVA Raven with Obsidian sound

blackluc
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2012, 01:59:16 AM »

The lockup looks nice with silver indeed.  I can't find any videos of the clashing flash with some ultrasabers, only the lockup Sad

In the video made to demonstrate the FoC (blue and red) the clashing doesn't look natural.  Is there a setting to reduce the clash's flash time?

blackluc
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2012, 02:13:39 AM »

Nevermind I just found this great thread! http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=3829.

In the videos I see the flash doesn't last as long as the "official" video about the FoC wich is good

blackluc
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2012, 05:15:43 PM »

So Yeah, I'd like to know if it's possible when ordering a saber TCSS compatible if I can ask not to have the pommel or emitter to avoid paying twice?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: