Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Author Topic: The Consular- Good One Handed Weapon???  (Read 2546 times)
Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1641

Suns of the Force

« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2012, 08:47:39 PM »

I was the one whom said it didn't fit properly, I was incorrect. I didn't have my battery pack installed correctly and it caused a bit of a binding issue. After correcting it , the Guardian pommel fit snugly in place on the Consular Hilt. I'll need to find a way to amend that post.

No big deal.  If you can find it just PM it to me and I'll fix it for you.

Waxman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 114

« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2012, 08:58:19 PM »

I'd say if you're going to do it one handed, do it without the sheath.

While the sheath doesn't add all that much weight, and while it does seem to add another choke-point, it seems to make the saber slightly more cumbersome with one hand uses.

I have pretty big hands but I have a difficult time wielding the saber one handed, at least effectively in terms of full-on dueling or even light sparing.
Then again, I'm also using a HG-UE blade.

You could also take into consideration using a different pommel to decrease the weight.  The Consular pommel adds so much weight to the hilt, and with a HG blade it makes it incredibly well-balanced.

My reasoning behind all of this has to do with simplicity.  It seems to me the more aesthetically pleasing and detailed sabers tend to be the heavier ones and also seem to look more like two-handed sabers, whereas the simpler ones, like the Initiate, Aeon, or Shock just look more ideal for one-hand use.
Since the Consular has a removable sheath, it gives you that simplicity needed for a one-handed saber.
That's my insight into it, but in the end, opinions of user may vary.

Ultrasabers:
Bellicose-VA. Bane-BR. Consular-CG. x2 Initiate V3-SY. Aeon V3-GB. x4 Yari [Pike] Extensions.
Grab-Bag:
Aeon V3-GB. Dark Liberator V3-AB. Dominix V2-AB. Dominix V2-GB. Initiate V2-BR
Wishlist:
Manticore-PO. Dark Catalyst-Emerald. Shock LE-SY. Overlord-BR. Bellicose-VA. Archon-CG. Arbiter-AS.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: