Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: AC adapter / conversion?  (Read 1175 times)
DrDQ
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« on: January 21, 2012, 04:50:45 PM »

Good morning,

I came upon your web site the other day, and I am very impressed with the beauty of your lightsabers. I was wondering if you might have an AC option for your sabers?

The reason I ask, I am getting ready to remodel a hallway at my place, and thought it would be very cool to install wall sconces that looked like lightsabers running up one (or) both sides of the hallway, say a different saber every 5 or 6 feet. The hallway would then be illuminated by a series of lit lightsabers running the length of the hall. I've found several places that make beautiful custom or replica sabers (including yours), but all of them are battery-powered and, at least so far, everyone has told me that converting their product to run off an AC adapter is impossible. Obviously I'm not suggesting soldering an AC plug to a battery spring and plugging it in, but certainly a custom AC adapter that provides the correct voltage necessary would work? I don't know why this would be conceptually impossible.

In any event, have you done anything like this in the past, or have you ever had any purchasers who have done this mod on their own?

Thanks!
DrDQ

ed_ification
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -385

Darth Cronfios

« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2012, 08:45:53 PM »

Howdy Doc, and welcome.

Have you considered emailing Deep, the primary sabersmith at Ultrasabers?  He might be able to tell you better how to accomplish what you want.  [email protected]

I assume this is what you're going for?

Sabers:
MR Vader - ANH
MR Vader - ESB
Dark War Glaive - Blazing Red - "Belligerence"
Standard Issue Grab Bag - Guardian Blue - "Bastion"
2 Shock LEs - Violet - "Perseverance" and "Integrity"
Archon - "Insight"
Dark Initiate - "Harbinger"

taylorjaymz
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 9

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2012, 10:14:36 PM »

Howdy Doc, and welcome.

Have you considered emailing Deep, the primary sabersmith at Ultrasabers?  He might be able to tell you better how to accomplish what you want.  [email protected]

omg that entrance is a win!

Hasbro Luke FX-STOCK
MR Vader FX-STOCK
MR Maul Half-STOCK
MR-Anakin-STOCK W/Damage
Aeon  v2-CG
CG Prophecy-GB
Phantom V2 custom staff-FO
Phantasm V3 LE STAFF W/OBSIDIAN AND AV SWITCHES(AV-one blue one green)- VA

DrDQ
Force Sensitive

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2012, 08:02:27 PM »

Morning,

Ah, thank you for the email address. I will drop Deep a note and ask about this directly then.

And yes, something like that is the idea. Smiley Although I envisioned it a little more spread out. That is way cool, btw - yours?

ed_ification
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -385

Darth Cronfios

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2012, 08:10:53 PM »

Don't I wish it was mine - I think the wife might hurt me.  No, just something I happened to see while visiting a site I peruse now and again...

Sabers:
MR Vader - ANH
MR Vader - ESB
Dark War Glaive - Blazing Red - "Belligerence"
Standard Issue Grab Bag - Guardian Blue - "Bastion"
2 Shock LEs - Violet - "Perseverance" and "Integrity"
Archon - "Insight"
Dark Initiate - "Harbinger"

DrDQ
Force Sensitive

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2012, 05:47:55 AM »

For those who might be interested, Emory wrote me privately and informed me that they are happy yo convert the hilts into AC-only versions for an additional $25 per saber. Of course, you lose the battery functionality and the ability to wave them around menacingly...

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: