Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: New FX sound board  (Read 1467 times)
Freakzilla6942
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 0

« on: December 28, 2011, 08:35:04 PM »

Will the new Hasbro FX saber sound system work in/with your sabers and the flash on clash option as well?

Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1641

Suns of the Force

« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2011, 08:40:46 PM »

You can really install just about any board into any saber, provided there's room and you have the technical know-how.  The flash on clash feature, however, is part of the Obsidian soundboard, so it wouldn't be possible to have on the FX soundboard.

Yega
Dark Sentinel
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -194

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2011, 08:48:38 PM »

Would it fit in an initiate?

Dark Side points are much appreciated.

Freakzilla6942
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2011, 09:43:03 PM »

You can really install just about any board into any saber, provided there's room and you have the technical know-how.  The flash on clash feature, however, is part of the Obsidian soundboard, so it wouldn't be possible to have on the FX soundboard.

Ah ok well that's cool. You wouldn't know if i could mail the boards in and have them installed or would i have to build it all myself or just install the boards/speakers after i get saber(s)

Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Suns of the Force

« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2011, 11:19:22 PM »

Would it fit in an initiate?

Yes, some FX boards can fit in the Initiate with some cram fu (especially the new V3 models).

Ah ok well that's cool. You wouldn't know if i could mail the boards in and have them installed or would i have to build it all myself or just install the boards/speakers after i get saber(s)

You might be able to mail them in, but Ultrasabers typically doesn't do a whole lot of custom work.  If I had to recommend something, I'd say go for Obsidian sound - it's much louder and higher quality than FX sound, plus you can change the fonts on it.  Definitely an upgrade, and you don't have to worry about paying somebody for custom installations.  Most of the non-V3 sabers you can have Obsidian installed in for like $75!

Yega
Dark Sentinel
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -194

« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2011, 11:25:24 PM »

Yes, some FX boards can fit in the Initiate with some cram fu (especially the new V3 models).

As in, the V3 is too small, or it is easier to fit boards in it? I have a V2 that I bought for my little sister this Christmas in VA... I want sound installed in it for her, and so does she Smiley... What is the best fitting SB you would suggest?

Dark Side points are much appreciated.

GdFuzz
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 1

« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2011, 06:27:51 PM »

The smallest fx board was the yoda....  Its what alot of people used for smaller crammed builds....  The biggest aspect of adding sound in small places, is your PLANNING....   Map out your space, and keep your wiring clean....   Wink   If you plan right, you should be able to fit most soundboards in the v3 initiate....

Freakzilla6942
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2011, 10:18:43 PM »

The smallest fx board was the yoda....  Its what alot of people used for smaller crammed builds....  The biggest aspect of adding sound in small places, is your PLANNING....   Map out your space, and keep your wiring clean....   Wink   If you plan right, you should be able to fit most soundboards in the v3 initiate....

Someone suggested getting a couple of used FX sabers off ebay and the wiring and stuff from TCSS. I really want to make a Dark Warglave staff but will probably have to get a Standard issue Staff due to finances. Would that Sound board and speaker system work in those sabers

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2034

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2011, 10:51:32 PM »

@Nero. Which of the non-V3s can get sound then? Cheesy Do you mean SOME of the V2s? Too bad I can't send any of my V2s in though. (Dominix V2 LE and Liberator V2).

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Suns of the Force

« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2011, 07:12:42 PM »

This is correct, for Jedi sound the Yoda board is the most commonly used.  It's the one that was put into an Initiate V2 a while back, although that was quite a task for the builder IIRC.

@Cantus - when I said non-V3 hilts I was referring to the other sound-worthy models, for instance the Bane and Consular.  For those the price of Obsidian installation is still the introductory price of $75, whereas the V3 models have a price of $95 for Obsidian installation.  You could, in theory, put something like FX sound into a V2 hilt, but I would only recommend it if you're very tech-savvy.

In conclusion:  I say anyone who wants a sound saber should just save up and get an Ultrasabers hilt with Obsidian.  It's MUCH better than FX sound, and when all is said and done you'd end up spending a similar amount trying to do a custom job on a V2 or whatever anyway.  That's not even counting the frustration of potentially ruining a soundboard (which happens) or other parts.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: