Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Guardian Blue and fertilizer produces...  (Read 950 times)
Darth Eyece
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: -22

I am a force user, but I fight for no one cause...

« on: December 25, 2011, 12:28:35 AM »

Hello all, I just purchased a pair of 10 watt blue LED's (not on the star, but the ones with the wings, I will be removing them), and a 10 watt led driver (at 900).  Now everything is wired for a 12v setup, so what would everyones battery recommendations be?

I'd prefer a lithium ion with recharge port.

I purchased some LED illuminated switches (blue rocker switches) that are only on when the (saber) is on, and off when the (saber) is off.  These switches were for cars, so they too are 12v.

Finally, these are stunt sabers.  No sound.  I'm still talking to some friends I have about avoiding the activation of the board at all through switch placement so that sound is an option, not just something that always turns on, but I can turn off the speaker... that means the board is still eating juice for nothing except flash on clash.  Also, not important to me.

I have heatsinks made, big and heavy ones, and the rocker switches are going to be a new idea I wanna try so that they are not exposed at all, and will never accidenally turn on or off.

So once again, I have 2x 10w Guardian Blue LED's, the Heatsinks, the LED driver board, and parts to make sabers.  Now I just am having issues figuring out the battery thing of it all.  I am guessing I need 12 watts of juice, so 4-8 1.5v whatever size batteries (maybe AA for lifespan).  But anyones wisdom will be considered, and appreciated.

Thanks for reading!

"Sith Apprentice, 'Darth Eyece' sir." 
"Never 'eard of 'im."
"...this'll be the last time... I assure you..."
Due to the nature of my character, I would appreciate Dark Side points please...

Ultra
Lord Commander
Administrator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1765

IN HOC SIGNO VINCES

« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2011, 12:33:02 PM »

www.batteryspace.com/Customize-LiFePO4-26650-Battery-12.8V-3300-mAh-42Wh-7A-rate-w/-PCB.aspx

FYI, that pack will only work for a stunt saber and it's 10 inches long, so plan accordingly.

Darth Eyece
Knight Officer

« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2011, 08:28:20 AM »

Sir Ultra, thank you very much!  I will plan accordingly, just stunt sabers.. er, saberstaff...  That thing is a monster and i'm looking forward to it!  Thank you again!

"Never 'eard of 'im."
Due to the nature of my character, I would appreciate Dark Side points please...

Darth Eyece
Knight Officer

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2012, 05:39:24 PM »

Excellent Ultra, that site is going to save me a bundle!  Since I will need 2, and I'm willing to make them myself with components from that site, I will save $30~ and will be able to say I built everything for my saber completely myself.  That's something you guys did to me with your Dominix models...  I just had to make my own!  Thanks for your help, and Emory's as well.  You guys always answer my questions, and that is greatly appreciated!

I've gotten what I needed, feel free to end this thread.  Thanks for looking all!

"Never 'eard of 'im."

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: