Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: RG, but no B  (Read 684 times)
SylvanKell
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« on: December 23, 2011, 11:52:44 AM »

Last night, without any warning at all, the blue in my RGB Dark Shock ceased working. The saber hadn't been used in a week or two, and the batteries had run down, but when I charged it up I got absolutely nothing from the Blue. It had been working fine when it was switched off and put on the shelf.

Is this likely something that can sorted without a sending in for repair? (I'm in Ireland, and the prospect of several weeks mailing to and fro doesn't appeal....)

Master Artorius Vidnyl
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 759

Suns of the Force

« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2011, 06:15:21 PM »

There are lots of things that could cause this.  I see you said you charged your batteries which is usually the first problem.  Let the saber sit for a day and then try it again, sometimes funny things happen for no reason.

It is likely that either A) something has become disconnected or B) something has become shorted out.  I'm assuming that your sound still works if you have it and the RG is still working too so B isn't very likely.  Worst case scenario the blue LED somehow died (any mass produced product can have a faulty production).

Email [email protected].  I understand your shipping concerns.  If you can safely get to your sound board you can have anyone with skills in soldering take a look and make sure that none of the joints have come undone, and you can check any Quick Disconnect ports yourself.

SylvanKell
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2011, 07:46:30 PM »

Thanks. I'll mail Ultrasabers and see what might be possible.

There is a faint burning electronics smell after the saber has been used a bit (just if you sniff directly at the emitter), so I wonder whether something has indeed burned out.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: