Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Strongest AAA batteries on the market  (Read 1984 times)
zmckay23
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 0

« on: January 06, 2020, 06:00:00 PM »

Does anyone know the strongest triple AAA batteries on the market ?

How about strongest rechargeable AAA batteries? Are lithium ion batteries stronger than Aklaline?

I was going to get AAA lithium ion batteries for my ultrasaber

firehand10k
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 388

« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2020, 06:11:33 PM »

Lithium AAA batteries are not lithium ion batteries. They are 1.5 volt AAA cells with lithium in the chemistry to help last longer and stronger than standard alkaline batteries. 10440 lithium ion cells are the same size as AAA batteries but operate at 3.7 volts. These two are not interchangeable, just like AA batteries and 14500 Li-Ion cells.

Then Lithium AAA batteries like Energizer makes are stronger than their regular alkaline counterparts.

DO NOT put lithium ion 10440s in a AAA powered saber! You WILL burn something out!

Have:
Azure Reaper
Crimson Scorpion
Aeon LE  V4 pair
Monarch
Azure Omen
Mantis
Manticore CE
Guardian
Chosen One
Graflex
Menace staff
Sentinel V4 staff
Zweihander
Shark
Bane
Brood Guard

Galef
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 209

Light side preferred, Dark side accepted

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2020, 06:51:14 PM »

So to clarify, If my saber has the standard AAA setup, I could use Lithium AAAs sold by Energizer/Duracell and those would be stranger, and not harm the saber?

-

firehand10k
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 388

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2020, 06:54:58 PM »

Yes but the actual operational difference depends how you use them. For a constant on type of use they may result in about 20 to 30 minutes more. In a intermittent use a few times a day for fairly short durations the apparent difference will be days or weeks. 

Have:
Azure Reaper
Crimson Scorpion
Aeon LE  V4 pair
Monarch
Azure Omen
Mantis
Manticore CE
Guardian
Chosen One
Graflex
Menace staff
Sentinel V4 staff
Zweihander
Shark
Bane
Brood Guard

Galef
Knight Commander

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2020, 07:25:32 PM »

Cool thanks. I don't plan on having many bell and whistles on my sabers. Basic sound, no FoC on at least 1 saber and stunt sabers with Tri-cree for all other.  I like the convenience of not having to charge my batteries, so I want the standard AAA setup and will never have them consistently on.  Maybe 15-20 mins max at a time.

I'd like to get the best batteries and I didn't know brand really mattered. I'l keep my eye out for Lithium Alkalines

-

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 534

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2020, 08:12:44 PM »

Cool thanks. I don't plan on having many bell and whistles on my sabers. Basic sound, no FoC on at least 1 saber and stunt sabers with Tri-cree for all other.  I like the convenience of not having to charge my batteries, so I want the standard AAA setup and will never have them consistently on.  Maybe 15-20 mins max at a time.

I'd like to get the best batteries and I didn't know brand really mattered. I'l keep my eye out for Lithium Alkalines

-

In the long run, you’ll spend less money by getting NiMH rechargeables, and the best are Eneloop Pro AAAs. https://www.amazon.com/Panasonic-BK-4HCCA4BA-eneloop-Pre-Charged-Rechargeable/dp/B00JHKSL0A/ref=sr_1_4?keywords=Eneloop+pro+aAA&qid=1578339847&sr=8-4

LEGEND: 🔇= Stunt, 🔊= V4 Premium Sound, ⚡= Flash on Clash, 💎= Diamond Controller

__Aeon LE v3 🔇 in CG  __Initiate v2 🔇 in FO  __Initiate v2 🔇 in AB  __Dark Apprentice LE v5 🔇 in AS  Dark Catalyst in BH 🔊 ⚡AS  __Crimson Scorpion 🔊 BR⚡GB  __Azure Fallen 💎 in DVA fading to VA , ⚡ AS  __Frankensaber 💎 in SY fading to CG with ⚡ GB  — Currently traveling with co-owner

Light Side points preferred, when warranted

Galef
Knight Commander

« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2020, 08:33:37 PM »

Thanx, I'll look into that.  My issue with rechargeable is that, well, you have to recharge them.  If they run low/put, your saber is out of commission until them recharge or you put a different set of rechargeables in them.  Making sure you always have a back-up set of charged-up batteries just seems exhausting to keep up with.

I'd rather just buy a big bulk of AAAs and be able to immediately swap them when needed, but that's just my preference.
But I'm also looking at having 4-5 sabers to keep up with at 1 time: a double/paired for me and 1 saber for each of my 2 sons.  I'll also have a sound saber, but that will be more for display, so it won't get used as much

And I'll be ordering a stunt saber for my wife too, because why not.  She's already said it won't get used much, so no worries on batteries (but who knows once she has it in her hands  Grin)

-

Maestro Jones
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 181

« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2020, 10:55:56 PM »

In the long run, you’ll spend less money by getting NiMH rechargeables, and the best are Eneloop Pro AAAs. https://www.amazon.com/Panasonic-BK-4HCCA4BA-eneloop-Pre-Charged-Rechargeable/dp/B00JHKSL0A/ref=sr_1_4?keywords=Eneloop+pro+aAA&qid=1578339847&sr=8-4

This is the correct answer.  This is the only AAA batteries I use.  In my stunt sabers, they last longer that the Li-Ion batteries that US uses in the Li-Ion setups (at least in my experience).

Thanx, I'll look into that.  My issue with rechargeable is that, well, you have to recharge them.  If they run low/put, your saber is out of commission until them recharge or you put a different set of rechargeables in them.  Making sure you always have a back-up set of charged-up batteries just seems exhausting to keep up with.

I'd rather just buy a big bulk of AAAs and be able to immediately swap them when needed, but that's just my preference.
But I'm also looking at having 4-5 sabers to keep up with at 1 time: a double/paired for me and 1 saber for each of my 2 sons.  I'll also have a sound saber, but that will be more for display, so it won't get used as much

And I'll be ordering a stunt saber for my wife too, because why not.  She's already said it won't get used much, so no worries on batteries (but who knows once she has it in her hands  Grin)

-
Just get a bunch of rechargeable AAA batteries.  That is what I've done.  I'm eventually going to get to the point where I put quick disconnects on my stunt saber battery packs and keep a few extra on hand ready to go so I can swap them out quickly if needed.  I wish I could do that with the sound sabers but that would be too complicated and possibly expensive.   

Household US Arsenal:
# = STUNT; % = OBSIDIAN LITE; ~ = OBSIDIAN V4; * = DIAMOND
Mine:
# Dark Apprentice LE v4: BR; # Dark Sentinel LE v4: TRI BR; # Dominix v3: PO; # Dorinian: TRI AB; # Frankensaber - BR; # Initiate v2: GB; # Liberator v3: TRI CG; % Archon 3.1: TRI CG; ~ Consular: TRI CG; ~ Dark Initiate LE v5: TRI FO; ~ Guardian: TRI GB; * Menace; * Monarch

Wife’s:
# Aeon V2: VA; # Dominix V2: BH; # Initiate V2: GB; # Prophecy v3: TRI GB; ~ Graflex SE: TRI GB; ~ Spectre: TRI GB; * Fulcrum; * Lost Grey

zmckay23
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2020, 02:58:16 AM »

Yes thanks ..so I went to Walmart and got the AAA ultimate lithium rechargeable batteries I got 12 of them so I never have to wait for a charge

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2020, 03:57:01 PM »

Yes thanks ..so I went to Walmart and got the AAA ultimate lithium rechargeable batteries I got 12 of them so I never have to wait for a charge

I am assuming that this (LINK) is what you purchased.

If this is correct, DO NOT RECHARGE THESE BATTERIES!  If you got “ultimate lithium” batteries, you did NOT get rechargeable batteries.  These are single-use batteries only, and it is dangerous to try to recharge them, no matter what charger you try to use.  You aren’t going to be able to get rechargeable lithium AAA batteries at Wal*Mart, and even if your Wal*Mart is special and does carry this niche product, you cant use rechargeable lithium AAA batteries in your saber, because the voltage is too high, and you’ll fry the electronics in your saber.

These batteries are JUST FINE (if expensive) to use in your saber, but they are NOT rechargeable.

__Aeon LE v3 🔇 in CG  __Initiate v2 🔇 in FO  __Initiate v2 🔇 in AB  __Dark Apprentice LE v5 🔇 in AS  Dark Catalyst in BH 🔊 ⚡AS  __Crimson Scorpion 🔊 BR⚡GB  __Azure Fallen 💎 in DVA fading to VA , ⚡ AS  __Frankensaber 💎 in SY fading to CG with ⚡ GB  — Currently traveling with co-owner

Galef
Knight Commander

« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2020, 04:55:46 PM »

I'll be getting a pair of Initiate V2s in Tri-green soon (hopefully) and I think I'm going to experiment with different battery brands to see if there is a difference in brightness and/or longevity between brands.

Gonna get a pack of cheap generic AAAs and a pack of brand-name Lithium AAAs.  Since my sabers should be identical and I will always activate them together and for the same duration, that should paint a clear picture as to just how superior the lithium ones are.

If there's little-to-no difference in brightness and/or the longevity is only different by a minimal amount, it don't see much reason to spring for the expensive batteries.
If, however, there is a noticeable difference in brightness and/or last twice as long, then they are worth it

-

zmckay23
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2020, 06:45:35 PM »

I'll be getting a pair of Initiate V2s in Tri-green soon (hopefully) and I think I'm going to experiment with different battery brands to see if there is a difference in brightness and/or longevity between brands.

Gonna get a pack of cheap generic AAAs and a pack of brand-name Lithium AAAs.  Since my sabers should be identical and I will always activate them together and for the same duration, that should paint a clear picture as to just how superior the lithium ones are.

If there's little-to-no difference in brightness and/or the longevity is only different by a minimal amount, it don't see much reason to spring for the expensive batteries.
If, however, there is a noticeable difference in brightness and/or last twice as long, then they are worth it

-

The brand lithium AAA rechargeables are definitely lasting longer for my Apprentice V5 hot pink saber...much longer than  the regular ones

Galef
Knight Commander

« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2020, 07:06:00 PM »

I think for me, longevity is directly related to cost.  If, for example, brand name lithium AAAs last 2-3x longer than cheap non-lithium AAAs , but cost 2-3x as much.  That's pretty much a wash for me.

Brightness, otoh, is where I'll spend the extra $$$
Which, arguably, a longer lasting battery that won't dim as quickly plays a part here as well

What type of batteries does US include when you first get a saber with the standard setup?

-

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2020, 10:19:10 PM »

The brand lithium AAA rechargeables are definitely lasting longer for my Apprentice V5 hot pink saber...much longer than  the regular ones
The lithium AAAs you’re getting in Wal-Mart (or wherever) are NOT rechargeable, and you should not attempt to recharge them, because it’s dangerous.  They can explode, which can not only leak nasty, noxious (and possibly toxic) gases, but they can also start a fire.  For your own safety and that of others, DO NOT ATTEMPT TO RECHARGE BATTERIES THAT ARE NOT RECHARGEABLE. 

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2020, 10:22:36 PM »

I think for me, longevity is directly related to cost.  If, for example, brand name lithium AAAs last 2-3x longer than cheap non-lithium AAAs , but cost 2-3x as much.  That's pretty much a wash for me.

Brightness, otoh, is where I'll spend the extra $$$
Which, arguably, a longer lasting battery that won't dim as quickly plays a part here as well

What type of batteries does US include when you first get a saber with the standard setup?

-

The AAA batteries included with my stunt sabers are Sony.  They’re standard alkaline batteries.

You will spend less money over time by getting good NiMH rechargeable batteries and keeping them charged.  The XTAR VC-2 charger that UltraSabers sells for its Li-Ion batteries will do a really good job of charging NiMH cells, too, and is smart enough to know the difference in the battery chemistry, and to deliver the proper charge.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: