Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 46   Go Down
Author Topic: A note concerning some of the rumors flying around...  (Read 256976 times)
Iram
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -292

Grey, leaning to the Dark Side

« Reply #585 on: January 03, 2016, 01:13:10 AM »

...I prefer to do my talking with my Sabers and then let the public vote with their wallets. 
Lol XD Well said Ultra!

BBL and proud!!!

My Sabers
Overlord (BR) Old Reliable w/ Obsidian v4 
Crimson Scorpion (VA)  w/ Obsidian v3  [Second Prize, 2016 Spring Raffle (1st)]
Dark Apprentice LE v4 (CG) Viridi Ignis 
Graflex SE (Emerald) w/Obsidian v4 [Won -50% off coupon April 2017]
Dark Sentinel LE V4 (BR)

WWJD?

ArtoriusaurusRex
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: 41

From the Ashes a fire shall be woken...

« Reply #586 on: January 28, 2016, 08:54:38 PM »

Would it be inappropriate for me to ask a couple questions in this thread about one of these issues? Or is the purpose of this thread to say you don't want to hear it?

A Light from the Shadow shall spring...

Thanamira
Knight Captain

Force Alignment: 144

« Reply #587 on: January 28, 2016, 09:55:03 PM »

Given that the original post was back in 2011, I would argue that any conversation that dredges up stuff from 5 years ago is not constructive.  If it's a problem someone has had in the past year, sure, that's germane, and really, you can see threads from people who've had problems and what the resolutions have been.  (My summary would be "they were all addressed very quickly".)

President, Boston Lightsaber Stage Combat Club
www.bostonlightsaber.com

Light side points appreciated!
Thanamira school of staff aesthetic preference: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=32415.msg492503#msg492503

ArtoriusaurusRex
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: 41

From the Ashes a fire shall be woken...

« Reply #588 on: January 29, 2016, 04:07:34 AM »

Given that the original post was back in 2011, I would argue that any conversation that dredges up stuff from 5 years ago is not constructive.  If it's a problem someone has had in the past year, sure, that's germane, and really, you can see threads from people who've had problems and what the resolutions have been.  (My summary would be "they were all addressed very quickly".)

Well, it's a combination of both old and recent, because it continues.

I don't know how to say this without getting in trouble, I fear I'm walking on eggshells already.

But, a "certain" sound font designer, shall we say, says that his designs are being distributed by US without his permission or consent. What's up with that? It shouldn't be hard to guess who I'm talking about, though I don't think I'm allowed to name him.

A Light from the Shadow shall spring...

Spades
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: 62

My spirit guide is the Cheshire Cat

« Reply #589 on: January 29, 2016, 02:54:01 PM »

Well, it's a combination of both old and recent, because it continues.

I don't know how to say this without getting in trouble, I fear I'm walking on eggshells already.

But, a "certain" sound font designer, shall we say, says that his designs are being distributed by US without his permission or consent. What's up with that? It shouldn't be hard to guess who I'm talking about, though I don't think I'm allowed to name him.

I am assuming that at this point the litigation in this situation has been resolved.  since these fonts are being distributed, either US pays a percentage or they own the fonts and the other guy is sore about it still.

Dark Initiate v4 (4 channel Emerald w/ Obsidian v4)

Signature Made By: DarthScrub

Iram
Knight Commander

« Reply #590 on: January 29, 2016, 04:23:25 PM »

....or they own the fonts and the other guy is sore about it still.

Yeah, I think that's what it is.

BBL and proud!!!

My Sabers
Dark Sentinel LE V4 (BR)

WWJD?

Terzianswift
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 6

« Reply #591 on: February 09, 2016, 06:08:22 PM »

Spending three months on finding my perfect sabers continues. I have purchased a stunt grab bag. That was just a fun way to get one. But a friend referred me to Ultra Sabers. I used youtube video reviews and even built a few online. Adding them to my wishlist. Sabers are a hobby and art. A real saber reflects the person. As for the respect of other companies. Only Ultra Sabers has had a high praise from its customers. Hopefully this community will grow together for the fun, art, and exercise. Blessing to you all.

A31
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: 40

The Force is with you always...

« Reply #592 on: February 14, 2016, 04:42:27 AM »

Way to stand up for your business and products! Much respect. This is why we pick Ultrasabers as our supplier of lightsabers! I am new and haven't received my saber yet, but this has reassured me that I have chosen the best company! And it is terrible that you have to acknowledge these rumors. From all the research and reviews I seen you guys and gals are an honorable and very friendly group which is rare nowadays. So thanks and keep up the great work you do!

Prophecy V3 Obs lite  (AB)

Archon V2.1  Obs V4  (TRI CG)

Initiate V4   Obs V3   (GB)

SpiralStatix
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: -18

Dark side points please!

« Reply #593 on: February 14, 2016, 05:02:58 AM »

I'm new to this hobby, and while at first I was indecisive as to where to make my first purchase, ultimately I (obviously) chose Ultrasabers and I'm glad I did.  I've yet to receive my first sabers but I've heard nothing but good reviews about their products (with the exception of overly negative people, of course) and this community has been nothing but friendly and helpful to not just me but everyone else with any sort of question.  That and just down to the presentation of the website is what swayed my decision.  (To be honest, when I peeked at the site for the other guys I could barely figure out how to navigate it.)  And this community lead me to making not just my first but also my second purchase from this company.  Not to mention it's nice being around other people who understand the excitement of buying cool toys  Grin

So well done with everything you do, and I know my opinion will only increase once my first sabers are in my hand.  And I know they certainly won't be my last purchases from here.

WISH LIST:
Consular, Violet Amethyst w/ Obsidian V4 and Blue FOC
Guardian, Sentinel Yellow w/ Obsidian V4 and Emerald
Scorpion, Blazing Red w/ Obsidian V4

Iram
Knight Commander

« Reply #594 on: February 14, 2016, 05:07:19 AM »

I'm new to this hobby, and while at first I was indecisive as to where to make my first purchase, ultimately I (obviously) chose Ultrasabers and I'm glad I did.  I've yet to receive my first sabers but I've heard nothing but good reviews about their products (with the exception of overly negative people, of course) and this community has been nothing but friendly and helpful to not just me but everyone else with any sort of question.  That and just down to the presentation of the website is what swayed my decision.  (To be honest, when I peeked at the site for the other guys I could barely figure out how to navigate it.)  And this community lead me to making not just my first but also my second purchase from this company.  Not to mention it's nice being around other people who understand the excitement of buying cool toys  Grin

So well done with everything you do, and I know my opinion will only increase once my first sabers are in my hand.  And I know they certainly won't be my last purchases from here.

Yes, US has the most easy-to-navigate, professional-looking, and comprehensive website of any of the competition imo

BBL and proud!!!

My Sabers
Dark Sentinel LE V4 (BR)

WWJD?

Darth Justicar
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -567

Sun of Starkiller

« Reply #595 on: February 14, 2016, 05:11:29 AM »

Ease of use was a factor for me, for sure.  I might tweak a few of the back-end things if I had the know-how, particularly the interaction with PayPal (to me US' email should go out second after getting a reply from PayPal, not before), but I suspect some of that has to do with software solutions that are WAY out of my league to know how to address.  On the whole, though, the US site seems to function quite well.

"Anger is a tool.  Use it; do not let it use you."
       --Gul Verden in Debtors' Planet by W.R. Thompson

"I'm a little Renlet, short and 'stout'
Here is my saber, watch me scream and shout!"
       --Lyrics by Jev Moldara

Flamberge BR with v4 Obsidian and 4-inch side blades

SpiralStatix
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: -18

Dark side points please!

« Reply #596 on: February 14, 2016, 05:19:38 AM »

Yup.  The site definitely looks very trustworthy and legit.  And I do like that it easily displays all the products and you don't have to keep clicking and searching just to, y'know, view all the different hilts.

WISH LIST:
Consular, Violet Amethyst w/ Obsidian V4 and Blue FOC
Guardian, Sentinel Yellow w/ Obsidian V4 and Emerald
Scorpion, Blazing Red w/ Obsidian V4

Phil Fa Guo
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 2

« Reply #597 on: February 14, 2016, 06:11:40 PM »

Waoh!
I haven't received my first Ultra Saber yet and I'm new on the forum but reading this post I must say something. In my City there's a "Jedi academy". When you begin you can borrow a saber, an ultra saber. Well after a while, people want to own one and guess what, they choose Ultra Sabers because they enjoyed. That's also why I choosed Ultra Sabers. Quality, incredible craftsmanship, affordable and resistant (we fight every week with them).
That's only a point of view, my point of view.
May the force be with you all.

That which doesn't kill us make us stronger.

Je.daiiOfMandalore
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 15

"Aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?"

« Reply #598 on: February 17, 2016, 01:11:37 AM »

people are crazy. they'll say anything about anyone. Ultrasabers is an honest company. Trying to say bad things about them because you like a different company more is just idiotic. I'm a US fan, but you dont see me starting rumors about other saber companies. If someone told me they like a different company more, Im not going to argue with them. Everybody plays favorites but that doesnt mean you should make others think certain opinions are wrong. I wont say company names, but when I tell fans of other companies I like ultrasabers they tell me why ultrasabers is "inferior". But almost never do you see US fans saying other saber companies are worse. Sorry for the rant I just dont understand people these days.

Light side points please
saber on the way: emerald arbiter with obsidian v4

Phil Fa Guo
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 2

« Reply #599 on: February 18, 2016, 09:16:00 PM »

You're so right! I don't give a damn which company other will choose as long as I'm satisfied with US. I had the same behavior with computers. I have a mac since 1984 and people always tried to convince me a PC was better. If you're so happy with your PC why bothering me, I'm also very happy with my Mac!
Back to US, I might add, as mentioned earlier, that their website is definitely an asset. Fast, easy, clear and you know what you're buying.

That which doesn't kill us make us stronger.

Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 46   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: