Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 46   Go Down
Author Topic: A note concerning some of the rumors flying around...  (Read 256951 times)
Abraxus
Knight Major

Force Alignment: -32

« Reply #465 on: July 06, 2014, 09:43:00 PM »

The freedom of the internet, and all of the ways to post/gather information, is a perfect example of a double edged sword. 

Obviously, on the one hand, you can essentially find information on anything you can think of.  Unfortunately, the freedom to post/share incorrect (at best), or slanderous (at worst) information makes it possible for someone with the time to do so, to totally besmirch the good name of anyone, or anything.  It becomes incumbent on us to be able to separate the "wheat from the chaff" when forming judgements based on the information we find.  Someone said before that this extends to religion, politics, choice of Android vs. iPhone, and even your preferred vendor of light sabers, and that is very true.

If we all put in just a little due diligence to figure out the reality of what we encounter in such research, more often than not, we will find enough truth to form a confident opinion based on fact, and not be swayed by the haters, and trolls.  One other thing we as a species need to cease doing is disparaging others because of the choices they make on all of the above.  I don't like to be thought of as inferior in any way because I prefer IOS to Android, etc.

As for UltraSabers, any issues that I have encountered with the 4 sabers I bought through the years were minor in nature, and handled more than adequately by their support process.  The quality of their work, and their dedication to the manufacture of a fantastic product is beyond question.  Perhaps if we start putting the positive word out there with the same fervor that the dis-information was, anyone looking for a saber will not even hesitate when considering UltraSabers!

My Collection
------------
Dark Prophecy (Consular Green)
Archon V2 (Blazing Red/Arctic Blue)
Raven (Violet Amethyst)
Initiate V3 (Guardian Blue)

sirashram3
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 9

« Reply #466 on: July 13, 2014, 05:47:02 AM »

Amen. Ultra, you have my business and support...... plus you have some of my money too lol!!! Grin still lovin that archon btw.....
Keep kickin @ss and my friends and I will keep the orders coming.
-SirAshram3

Jammo
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 326

Hawk-Bat Leader

« Reply #467 on: July 13, 2014, 07:25:18 AM »

Just encountered a little grab bag hate on FB and I took the liberty of correcting the guy. He claimed that 90% of grab bag sabers are under $60 in value. I've grab bagged twice recently and got something in the $70 range and the big hit, an Archon that's worth over a hundred. My computer just made a sound at me so I'm sure he wants to fight about it now... and I'm off!

RogerWilco
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #468 on: July 25, 2014, 10:49:55 AM »

Just encountered a little grab bag hate on FB and I took the liberty of correcting the guy. He claimed that 90% of grab bag sabers are under $60 in value. I've grab bagged twice recently and got something in the $70 range and the big hit, an Archon that's worth over a hundred. My computer just made a sound at me so I'm sure he wants to fight about it now... and I'm off!
I think people who complain about grab bag are lame. It's grag bag, you're getting the left-overs. Us is a company, you get what you pay for.

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1152

Light side points please.

« Reply #469 on: July 25, 2014, 05:22:33 PM »

Agree RogerWilco.  Most of us go into the grab-bag to get something random either because we can't decide what we want, or because the random factor is in fact the point.  :-)  My grab-bag experience thus far is a very nice Aeon V2 LE, which gave me exactly what I wanted - a unique quality hilt for my daughter that would be totally different from what her sister has (which is a pair of Initiate V3s).

Unfortunately, there are people who order the grab-bag hoping to get a Guardian or War Glaive or soemthing with a scratch or dent in it.  They're hoping to save themselves a pile of money and hit the jackpot.  That has happened on rare occasion, but the vast majorty of the grab-bags are still initiates and aeons/dominixes.  If you approach them with anything other than a "take what comes" attitude, you're going to be disappointed.  Unfortunately, some of the disappointed go and spew about it.  Fortunately, there are many of us satisfied customers out there to set the record straight.  :-)

signature picture by DarthScrub

Master Singer of the Mak'Tor

Kamodius
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 5

I shouldn't touch the glowy part, right?

« Reply #470 on: July 25, 2014, 07:00:03 PM »

Agree RogerWilco.  Most of us go into the grab-bag to get something random either because we can't decide what we want, or because the random factor is in fact the point.  :-)  My grab-bag experience thus far is a very nice Aeon V2 LE, which gave me exactly what I wanted - a unique quality hilt for my daughter that would be totally different from what her sister has (which is a pair of Initiate V3s).

Unfortunately, there are people who order the grab-bag hoping to get a Guardian or War Glaive or soemthing with a scratch or dent in it.  They're hoping to save themselves a pile of money and hit the jackpot.  That has happened on rare occasion, but the vast majorty of the grab-bags are still initiates and aeons/dominixes.  If you approach them with anything other than a "take what comes" attitude, you're going to be disappointed.  Unfortunately, some of the disappointed go and spew about it.  Fortunately, there are many of us satisfied customers out there to set the record straight.  :-)
Very much so, Karmack.  I got a Standard Issue grab bag as my first saber ever, and it's lovely.  I'm very happy with it, though if I'm honest, I was hoping secretly for either an Aeon or Dominix, regardless of version.  The only complaint I have with the SI is that it's not the easiest for rapid movement because of the static line of the hilt.  I'll be ordering a Dominix v3 in the next week or so to rectify that (and have a 2nd saber with which to duel).

AB Standard Issue v3 (First saber!)
-------------------------------------------------------
-There is no emotion, there is peace.
-There is no ignorance, there is knowledge.
-There is no passion, there is serenity.
-There is no death, there is the Force.

Molina00
Forum Emissary
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 459

« Reply #471 on: July 25, 2014, 07:06:18 PM »

I agree, there is something wrong with anyone who complains about the grab bags.  They are $55 for a random hilt and except for the Initiates every saber US offers is over $60.  Even if you get an Initiate you are still breaking even, and in terms of quality worth more than the $55.  I guess some people just think it's cool to bash Ultrasabers. 

I felt a great disturbance in the force as if millions of nerds cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced.

Integrity can accommodate the inadvertent error and the honest difference of opinion; it cannot accommodate deceit or subordination of principle.

Prowl 1701
Mentor of the Prophecy Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 830

We're all just dreams in the end...

« Reply #472 on: July 25, 2014, 08:23:57 PM »

I believe US doesn't even do Initiates as grab bags anymore, so you at least get an Aeon/Dominix.   I have gotten several grab bag sabers and have never been disappointed with them.  In fact they even turned me on to the DSI.  I had not really thought about that hilt before, but I have gotten two as grab bags and I love them both.  A grab bag is a great way to get a saber you might not have considered buying before.

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1152

Light side points please.

« Reply #473 on: July 25, 2014, 09:34:53 PM »

Kamodius, if you're looking for a stunt to duel with, I would recommend an Aeon V2 or Aeon V2 LE for a little more flash.  Its no as "smooth" a design as the Aeon V3, but its slightly more compact and the one I have is absolutely the most mobile blade I own.  It edges my Dominix V3 in manueverability and grip comfort, especially one-handed.

The only draw-back is that it is not sound compatible, so if you want Obsidian you can't get it in the V2, and you have to go RGB instead of Emerald for multi-color.  That being said, as a straight-up dueling blade it is likely one of the best if not THE best straigh-up hilt in the collection. I was pleasantly surprised by mine (came in a grab-bag. LOL) and I am having a hard time giving it up to my daughter, for whom it was purchased as a birthday present.  Fortunately I have my Bellicose RGB in my office now to replace it.

Also, get the standard or UE blade.  The HG blades are incredibly durable but unless you're actually going to be going full contact full power hammer-and-tongs with your dueling partner a normal blade is sufficient and the balance and speed are much better. 

Understand, though, that the difference is minor.  The Dominix V3 / Aeon V3 is also extremely comfortable to weild.  I love both of mine, but the V2 just slightly edges the V3 - until I power up and the Obsidian kicks in, then the V3 is the star.  :-)  But if sound isn't in the mix, the V2 is an amazing hilt.

Just my $.02  :-) 

signature picture by DarthScrub

Master Singer of the Mak'Tor

Red Leader
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 1

You will give me light side points (mind trick)

« Reply #474 on: July 27, 2014, 09:10:57 PM »

The freedom of the internet, and all of the ways to post/gather information, is a perfect example of a double edged sword.  

Obviously, on the one hand, you can essentially find information on anything you can think of.  Unfortunately, the freedom to post/share incorrect (at best), or slanderous (at worst) information makes it possible for someone with the time to do so, to totally besmirch the good name of anyone, or anything.  It becomes incumbent on us to be able to separate the "wheat from the chaff" when forming judgements based on the information we find.  Someone said before that this extends to religion, politics, choice of Android vs. iPhone, and even your preferred vendor of light sabers, and that is very true.

If we all put in just a little due diligence to figure out the reality of what we encounter in such research, more often than not, we will find enough truth to form a confident opinion based on fact, and not be swayed by the haters, and trolls.  One other thing we as a species need to cease doing is disparaging others because of the choices they make on all of the above.  I don't like to be thought of as inferior in any way because I prefer IOS to Android, etc.

As for UltraSabers, any issues that I have encountered with the 4 sabers I bought through the years were minor in nature, and handled more than adequately by their support process.  The quality of their work, and their dedication to the manufacture of a fantastic product is beyond question.  Perhaps if we start putting the positive word out there with the same fervor that the dis-information was, anyone looking for a saber will not even hesitate when considering UltraSabers!
I agree with you 100%. I saw some of the negative stuff when I was researching ultrasabers for buying my first light saber. I read a lot of it and realized it was pretty petty stuff. Things break sometimes, s#%t happens.
 I watched so many videos of ultrasabers and other competitors, and glad I made the jump here. They make some awesome quality stuff that you don't need to baby...and the prices? did I mention the prices? lol
 No way I could justify a $1500 obi wan replica(my wife would kill me). When I went to the ultrasabers site I expected similar costs and man was I surprised. I should have my saber in a week or so.  Grin
« Last Edit: July 27, 2014, 09:14:13 PM by Red Leader » Logged

Why do I get the feeling you're going to be the death of me? -Obi-Wan Kenobi

OISIN NOM
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 112

LIGHT SIDE POINTS

« Reply #475 on: August 02, 2014, 09:52:58 PM »

I didn't buy an saber till I saw Ultra Sabers site. I am extremely pleased with with their products. The only thing that is hard is waiting for a saber once it has been ordered. Right now I am waiting on my first Sith Saber a Manticore with a black handle. I can't wait to get it.

GAURDIAN BLUE INITIATE V3
CONSULAR GREEN LIBERATOR V3
BLAZING RED MANTICORE (MODIFIED EMITER TO OVERLORD)

OISIN NOM
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 112

LIGHT SIDE POINTS

« Reply #476 on: August 04, 2014, 10:48:53 PM »

:^)

GAURDIAN BLUE INITIATE V3
CONSULAR GREEN LIBERATOR V3
BLAZING RED MANTICORE (MODIFIED EMITER TO OVERLORD)

SlenderTheEnder
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: 15

Light side points please. 끄기 우리가 간다!

« Reply #477 on: August 14, 2014, 10:02:02 PM »

Point to you, Ultra. But with this point, my pledge of business and loyalty, referrals and recommendations.
I haven't bought a saber yet, but I probably will soon. (Monetary constraints) I wish to let you know that your sabers are very high quality, my friends told me about them. I have handled them and seen video and real life comparisons. The fact is that this community is tiny, and slow growing, but you get ongoing orders. How? Repeat customers. If you read through this forum, you find people with lists of sabers like 5-10-20 sabers long, and think, "wow, If these sabers were bad, people wouldn't be buying around ten of them at like 200-500 bucks a pop." Another point, people DEFINITLY won't buy sabers at $1500 unless them have way too much money, so 200-500? Not bad at all. Altogether, I think you have found a good spot on the market for a good, long time. Cheers.

It's all about the Benjamins, and I don't have many, but ideally, I want a Manticore CE in SY with Obsidian for Emerald, FoC orange.

Darth Altanderus
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: -1

« Reply #478 on: August 18, 2014, 09:14:34 AM »

If I might say I agree that spreading rumors is more than a little underhanded and I also agree with the ending bit.  If you want to compete then raise the bar (my own summarisation) which I think are inspiring words.

Ultra, though I am new to making sabers, I am in awe of you my master.

Master Bluespike74
Guardian Prime
Vanguard of the Azure Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 977

As long as there is light, I will be here.

« Reply #479 on: August 18, 2014, 09:42:18 AM »

Here are two things that anyone reading this thread can always count upon:

1.  When you purchase an Ultrasaber, you will receive a blade with your purchase.  If you don't, it will be clearly listed in the description (grab bag).  Recently read on FB of a person buying from another person and paying over $200 and received no blade although every picture indicated a blade with the picture.  When he complained, all he received were "nobody on that forum includes blades with their sales."  When he made mention in another group about how he wanted to buy an Ultrasaber, the first comment was "there shipping is ridiculous."  Go to (same forum) and they'll sell you one complete for less cost. 

2.  Members of Ultrasabers will not hunt you down on Facebook, YouTube, and other social media sites to harass you about buying from Ultrasabers.  Our very own Zren Tobas has had to close one lightsaber group and put another one in secret status in order to stop the hate. 

3.  They listen to customer feedback.  We wanted a curved hilt, we get the Mantis.  We wanted recharge ports, we got them.  We wanted Buck Pucks, we got them.  We wanted a Darth Maul inspired hilt, we got it. 

Now I have to be off to work so everyone have a great day and happy sabering.

Blue
(I'm back and in control of the Chaos)

Guided by the Aing Tii Monks

Shodan in Shaolin Kempo Karate/Kung Fu/Jiu Jitsu

Yes, I am a color:  BLUE

Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 46   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: