Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 46   Go Down
Author Topic: A note concerning some of the rumors flying around...  (Read 256977 times)
Thane
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 1

« Reply #45 on: December 03, 2011, 05:22:25 AM »

I support Ultra and UltraSabers.

SRD Initiate V3, FO Aeon, BR Dark Initiate V2 LE, GB Standard Issue.

Darth Wraith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -187

Founder of The Grey Sith Order

« Reply #46 on: December 03, 2011, 06:17:52 AM »

AMEN!!!!!  Wink

This Is Why You Have Earned and Held My Loyalty Alex (and Ultra Team) Wink!!!

and To The Rest of The Saber Community, Who Does Not Agree With Alex and Ultrasabers...  I Say To Hell With Ya'!!!

Also... May I Remind You Dissenters Out There... That Simply Put:

YOU ARE THE 1% and WE ARE THE 99%

I'll Let You Guys Do The Math... But Personally, My Money Is On Us Wink...   

I Am the Lord of Shadow!!! Even as I am Enveloped by Darkness... So to Shall I be Embraced by the Light!!!!!

jmPlagueis
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 153

Saber Tinkerer

« Reply #47 on: December 03, 2011, 06:30:21 AM »

Hahaha!

Very nicely put, Darth.

Darth Wraith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -187

Founder of The Grey Sith Order

« Reply #48 on: December 03, 2011, 06:56:26 AM »

Hahaha!

Very nicely put, Darth.

*BOWS*

Wink  Cool

I Am the Lord of Shadow!!! Even as I am Enveloped by Darkness... So to Shall I be Embraced by the Light!!!!!

jmPlagueis
Knight Commander

Saber Tinkerer

« Reply #49 on: December 03, 2011, 07:32:09 AM »

Oh wow lol. You're very welcome!

Kannik
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 30

Lovin' Life

« Reply #50 on: December 05, 2011, 12:58:11 AM »

As a recent purchaser of a sabre and therefore a new inductee into the world of sabredom I have been excited to discover the range and breadth of what I’ve been calling the sabre ecosystem.  All these different ranges, pieces, makers – from the unique creations to the MHS customizable excellence to the simpler ones, and all in between.  All these places to play.  It is a shame to hear that there is a fracturing and friction emerging in this (what had seemed to me) idyllic place and uber geek sharing crazy greatness.  (fortunately I haven’t seen first-hand the nastyness itself)

Just because we love SW doesn’t mean we need to follow in the path of needing a Sith and Light side amongst ourselves, right? 

Here’s to things being resolved, and to more sabres for all.   Thanks Ultra for keeping us in the loop. 

Peace,

Kannik

"Hatred does not cease by hatred, but only by love; this is the eternal rule."

Archon v2.1 w/ v3 head: Consular Green
Archon v2 w/ War Glaive head : Fire Orange
Archon v3 w/ Menace head & custom neck : Arctic Blue
Guardian:  Guardian Blue
Dark Prophecy V3: Arctic Blue
Sentinel LE v4 w/ extended handle:  Guardian Blue

Daddy Solo
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: -1

« Reply #51 on: December 05, 2011, 05:32:00 PM »

As a recent purchaser of a sabre and therefore a new inductee into the world of sabredom I have been excited to discover the range and breadth of what I’ve been calling the sabre ecosystem.  All these different ranges, pieces, makers – from the unique creations to the MHS customizable excellence to the simpler ones, and all in between.  All these places to play.  It is a shame to hear that there is a fracturing and friction emerging in this (what had seemed to me) idyllic place and uber geek sharing crazy greatness.  (fortunately I haven’t seen first-hand the nastyness itself)

Just because we love SW doesn’t mean we need to follow in the path of needing a Sith and Light side amongst ourselves, right? 

Here’s to things being resolved, and to more sabres for all.   Thanks Ultra for keeping us in the loop. 

Peace,

Kannik

Agreed. After having been initially  burned by another custom saber maker who shall remain nameless, I eventually found my way to US long before I knew of any other controversies that existed between manufacturers, font makers, sound board designers etc.

I am a member of several forums (I joined here soon after it was founded) and have seen what has been posted (publicly at least) on all sides. I have done business with many individuals/companies  (yes, including US) and have had been extremely pleased overall with my experiences. There is a place for everyone in the market. My point was not specifically about Walmart or any particular car manufacturer, but rather about an approach to business. I expressed an opinion, not questioned US success. I have spoken privately w/ 2 of the moderators here and have clarified my previous posts ( I am very impressed w/ their handling of the matter). We all seem to have come to a very amicable resolution. If nothing else - it is BECAUSE of the ongoing rumors and inferences  that Ultra is forced (?) to clarify his position. Dissent is apparently not allowed on this forum (I know, I know it's considered flaming and is consequently discouraged here) - So yes - thanks Ultra for "keeping us in the loop".

@ Ultra- "If you are a man of honor, not only would you apologize for the false FoC accusation"   Angry
First off, you don't know me (I have however, read your posts ad naseum here and elsewhere and seen your videos) so If you want to question MY integrity and throw down that gauntlet, feel free to pm me and I'll be happy to provide you my # to discuss the matter in real time.

Second, show me where that feature is mentioned, referenced, or demonstrated with regard to  any of your products prior this year(as opposed to another well known manufacturer). Just because you now posses the technical ability to reproduce it, and have received a ™ for it, doesn't lend any legitimacy to it. You can't buy a Big Mac at Burger King, but they are both delicious in their own right  Wink Feel free to prove me wrong and I will happily fade away (and bolster your standing in the community).

Now let the "we love US"  posts commence...... Roll Eyes

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #52 on: December 05, 2011, 07:05:48 PM »

It's getting hot in here.....

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Manroon
Protector of Abused Dungeon Rancors
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 832

Nova Six, two lit and in the green.

« Reply #53 on: December 05, 2011, 07:09:27 PM »

*turns on fan* Indeed.

But I must agree, Ultra's mods are the best. Wink The FoC.... well, as has been stated previously, I think those types of things are Ultra's business. We're customers, not the saber-police. lol But that's just MHO.

I am not a color...

A Knight can serve only one Master.

jmPlagueis
Knight Commander

Saber Tinkerer

« Reply #54 on: December 05, 2011, 07:53:05 PM »

*turns on fan* Indeed.

But I must agree, Ultra's mods are the best. Wink The FoC.... well, as has been stated previously, I think those types of things are Ultra's business. We're customers, not the saber-police. lol But that's just MHO.

Exactly

I dont give a damn about who has rights to what, I just care about who sells it the cheapest Smiley

Ultra
Lord Commander
Administrator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1765

IN HOC SIGNO VINCES

« Reply #55 on: December 05, 2011, 07:53:23 PM »

@ Ultra- "If you are a man of honor, not only would you apologize for the false FoC accusation"   Angry
First off, you don't know me (I have however, read your posts ad naseum here and elsewhere and seen your videos) so If you want to question MY integrity and throw down that gauntlet, feel free to pm me and I'll be happy to provide you my # to discuss the matter in real time.

Even a child is known by his doings and on a forum a person is known by his posts.  If I am getting a misrepresentation of your honor, I am not to blame for that and am certainly not alone.  If you cannot seem to express yourself on a forum in a manner that accurately reflects your character, perhaps a new past-time is in order?

Second, show me where that feature is mentioned, referenced, or demonstrated with regard to  any of your products prior this year(as opposed to another well known manufacturer). Just because you now posses the technical ability to reproduce it, and have received a ™ for it, doesn't lend any legitimacy to it. You can't buy a Big Mac at Burger King, but they are both delicious in their own right  Wink Feel free to prove me wrong and I will happily fade away (and bolster your standing in the community).

This is called "moving the goal post".  The original claims by Plecter were:

1. He owns the trademark to Flash on Clash - I proved this to be false.

2. Plecter coined the term Flash on Clash - again, I proved this to be false.

3. I am infringing on his trademark - Since #1 is false, so then is this claim.

4.  I "stole" the term from Plecter - Since I have proven he didn't coin the phrase or own the trademark, this also is false.

I have proven unequivocally that his claims are false, which means you should apologize and move on.  You seem to reject this argument in its entirety, which shows me that you have little interest in the actual facts of Plecter's claim.  I am convinced that no matter what I say, you will fabricate a new standard of proof for me to meet.  That is called moving the goal post and is the tactic of a dishonorable man.

Remember, I didn't go to Plecter and try to force him to stop using the term.  I was just minding my own business and then he sent an email to me and tried to force me to change the name of my feature under the false pre-tense that he owned the trademark.  Trying to coerce a competing company with a false trademark claim is illegal.  The only thing keeping Plecter safe from the consequences of his illegal actions is the fact that he is in France.

As for you, I can easily meet this new goal post, and if your concern was genuine, you could find such evidence yourself on Google.  The US Patent and Trademark Office also requires evidence of first use, which I can easily provide them as well.  I even have a physical flyer created YEARS ago for distribution at Comic-Con that advertises "Flash on Clash" as an available feature of an Ultra Saber.  Evidence can easily be provided to meet your challenge, but will this really satisfy you or will you simply move the goal post again?  Would you accept this evidence, or simply reject it?  You have not shown yourself to be a person with an open mind, but rather, a demagogue with a personal axe to grind.

Now let the "we love US"  posts commence...... Roll Eyes

Do you really think mocking the community is going to win over anyone?   Roll Eyes

Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1641

Suns of the Force

« Reply #56 on: December 05, 2011, 08:07:10 PM »

Do you really think mocking the community is going to win over anyone?   Roll Eyes

I'm not going to comment on the facts of this case, as I think Ultra speaks for himself pretty damn well.  One reason I left the answering to him Wink

I am going to insert a big "lol" at the quote I have pointed out.  I understand that some people may want to challenge the legitimacy of Ultra or his practices - it's always something people try to do, especially considering the circumstances which are discussed in this thread.  I just wanna have a chuckle at the comment made.

Now let the "we love US"  posts commence...... Roll Eyes

The popular argument by people that decide to challenge this forum is that we're some kinds of sycophants who just drool over Ultra's products and tell him how cool he is.  They always seem to forget one thing... this is a forum created by the owner of Ultrasabers, which is designed for the express purpose of discussing Ultrasabers.  It's manned by a big old crowd of people who have bought Ultrasabers products and enjoy them, often buying many more as a result.  Did you expect "we hate US" posts?  Kind of silly IMO  Roll Eyes

jccomedy
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 6

Smells like cheap c-lone!

« Reply #57 on: December 05, 2011, 08:42:55 PM »

Well put, Nero.  I came across the US website a few months ago when my kid started watching SWTCW.  My wife and I decided to get sabers for the 3 of us to play around with.  I didn't know anything about US.  I just saw that their sabers looked to be of high quality, and their prices seemed reasonable.

Simply put, I purchased 3 sabers, received EXACTLY what I ordered, and was impressed enough to buy 2 more sabers.  I don't think a day has gone by that I haven't turned my saber on at least once.  Smiley  Nay-sayers can complain and/or claim anything they want.  In the end, US is a quality company and it isn't difficult to forsee a very successful future for them.

Thanks, US team.  Keep up the good work.  It is very much appreciated.

Light side points please.  Smiley

*Dark SI (me), Aeon V3 (wife), Initiate LE V3 (son), SI (gift for friend)

Qui-Tom Helms
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 149

« Reply #58 on: December 05, 2011, 08:53:02 PM »

happily fade away

But regardless of being happy or sad, just fade away

=====================================================================
Zartom   Socerer (Healer)                             Qui-Tom  Sage (Healer)
Trenok   Bounty Hunter (Powertech)               Vartom   Knight (Sentinel)
=====================================================================

The_Night
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: -38

"If it's not fun, you're not doing it right"

« Reply #59 on: December 05, 2011, 09:10:34 PM »

i have done business with US for a few years. i have also been doing business with other manufacturers in this last year. what i will say is that you get what you pay for. a 60 dollar saber cannot be compared to a 500 dollar saber, which cannot be compared to a 1500 dollar saber. you cannot compare US products to those from other manufacturers because they are completely different. and for the money US produces the nicest saber possible. that isn't to say you can't find better ones. I'm sure Ultra could make sabers equivelant if not better than the ones from other places, but why bother when you really don't need to. US is known for making dueling sabers and lets face it, who wants to fight with something they paid that much for? i'm having one made now that is one of the top line sabers, do i intend to fight with it? no. it's a personal saber (out of my screenplay i'm doing) that will be a great display piece. i've owned sabers of all makes and models and will say the best bang for the buck for a dueling saber is an US. if you want sound it depends on your preferences. you can't compare the PC and the obsidian. ill leave it at i'm a fan of both. people in this hobby need to stop fighting over rights, money, etc and come together. fighting gets us nowhere. who really cares if both sound boards call it a flash on clash? does it really negatively impact the PC if the obsidian calls it FoC or vice versa? not really. as for sound fonts? i'm not gonna take sides on this. too different stories have come out and now how do we know who to believe. i bought Nova's cd's and i've bought the obsidian (though i don't currently have a saber with one). seperately they mean nothing. but together they make great sabers. i know it won't matter what i say as thats a matter for the two of you to work out, but why can't we all try to get along?

in the last year alot has changed in the saber community. we went from having to choose from econo boards or MR or hope for a CF to getting to choose from econo, MR, PC, Obsidian, CF, Igniter... we went from 3 to 5 and now 10 watt is becoming the norm even for DIYers. where will we go from here? nowhere good if we continue to fight against each other. so can't we just try to settle things like adults?

Vintage Graflex ANH
Vintage Graflex ESB
Custom Hero LS6- PCU
JQ Quinlan Vos- PCU
MR Maul Staff- P4 Reds
MR Vader ESB FX
UFX Vader ANH- Lux3 Red
Larbel Obi TPM- CF v5.1
Parks Obi ANH

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 46   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: