Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 46   Go Down
Author Topic: A note concerning some of the rumors flying around...  (Read 257566 times)
UchihaConsular
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

Hmph don't get in my way.

« Reply #435 on: December 03, 2013, 09:08:35 PM »

"I hate responding to internet rumors.  I choose to keep rumors off the forums because I truly believe that addressing rumors gives undue validation to them.  Ignoring rumors typically makes them go away, however, its been months now, and people are still asking me about random rumors about our business practices.

The first thing every REASONABLE person must remember, is that REAL business disputes are fought in court, not internet forums, facebook, youtube, or email chains.  If the first thing a person does is start a forum war, it means their argument is personal, not professional, and their statements should be scrutinized..."

ULTRA YOU DEFINITELY DESERVE A LIGHTSIDE POINT FOR THAT, I WOULD GIVE YOU ONE HUNDRED IF I COULD, but i cant so im just expressing my love for the service ultrasabers provide, their staff, and of course the LIGHTSABERS!!!

I hate a lot of things and i don't particularly like anything... Hmph lightside points i guess

rizalsoulisa
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #436 on: December 15, 2013, 01:45:48 PM »

Just to add to my previous post.

Again...A SUCCESSFUL ORDER.

An Archon, a silver connector and 5 grab bag midgrade UE blades.
All in perfect condition.

The Archon in fact got its baptism just a few days ago,
when I did a choreo with my friend.
Probably because of my sweat, it slip up and flew away...and bang into the sidewalk.
Result...a slight scratch and some small dings....AND THAT'S IT.

So I wonder about videos that shows US products easily split apart?

Just sharing.
My first option of getting a lightsaber (after Hasbro) is NOT ultrasabers.
To be honest, googling the name, I found a lot of negative posts.
BUT...
I did send an email to three sabersmiths (incl. ultrasabers).
Guess what? Only US answered.
The others (who might I mention just post their design without price tags) till now still never answered.

So I decided to buy a saber from US...

And NOW?
My community has between us:
- two Stunt Initiate sabers,
- a Sounded Phantom
- a Sounded Manticore
- a Sounded Dark Liberator
- a Sounded Dark Catalyst
- a lot of UE blades, Mid AND Heavy Grades

...and all functioned as advertised.
...and we banged them a lot too, since we do mostly battle stunts and choreography.

And even when we are not buying, Emory always replied our emails regarding his product line.

So I really don't understand the negative reviews...especially since the so-called TOP LINE sabersmith does not even bother to reply their potential customer emails.

Smoosta
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 8

I HAVE KNOWN BOLTH SIDES OF THE FORCE "REVAN"

« Reply #437 on: January 02, 2014, 02:23:17 AM »

I own an ultra saber after looking and looking and I made my decision based on what I read on reviews and saw on YouTube and 90 percent of people always point me straight to ultra there are 10 percent that is compleatly blind . So I finally recived  my dark prophecy (1 1/2 weeks after ordering FYI ) and I will never own any other saber unless it's built by ultra,fantastic quality and top notch looks, as far as I'm concerned y'all are #1 keep doing the best y'all can thanks ultra saber 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Siaxis
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 7

Make a Use the Force Check: NATURAL 20

« Reply #438 on: January 10, 2014, 03:05:57 PM »

Eloquent and direct.  I appreciate your honesty and integrity. 

Power alone has no ambition.  As such, neither does any driving force.  The ambition lies in the wielder, either for great good, or terrible evils.

Liberator v3 in GB.  Initiate v2 in BR

Patrick Cullen, Main Instructor for Pak's Academy Prime Taekwondo, 4th Dan

Aurick
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 137

« Reply #439 on: January 10, 2014, 03:08:20 PM »

I'm starting to think that they are just fabricated to look faulty, mine have all been fantastic !!!!

Liberator V3 VA
Dominix V3 GB
Dark Iniatiate V2 LE in FO (sons)
Iniatiate V2 in SRD (daughters)
Dark initiate V3 LE in CG (daughters)
Archon V2.1 CG/FO
Dark shock (emerald) custom
Standard Issue in CG
Dominix V2 LE in BR

Amanita
Knight Captain

Force Alignment: 39

« Reply #440 on: January 16, 2014, 09:56:29 PM »

The only Ultrasabers I have ever had an issue with were the "experimental" ones, which incorporated flashlight parts sourced from elsewhere. My other ultrasabers have performed pretty well!

Kresnik
Knight of the Obsidian Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 111

« Reply #441 on: January 16, 2014, 10:15:21 PM »

My opinion is that the people that claim "bad service" are probably ones that are mean, overly demanding, aggressive etc. Those that are un-willing to work and be understanding etc.  I've had nothing but responses within 24 hours, fast delivery and a great community of support.

In order of favorite
Bellicose in PO w/ Obsidian
DSI vert grooves 4 ch Emerald  w/ Stunt
Guardian 2 Ch Emerald w/ Obsidian (1st Place Raffle prize)
Aeon V2 in CG Stunt (sort of modified)

The 97th Acolyte
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 93

Member of the Red Jedi Order

« Reply #442 on: January 17, 2014, 07:29:53 PM »

I have to say of this, and my experiences with US (few as they are) the only people who seem to have issues are the people who can be extremely... Trying... at times. If you go on YouTube, or this forum, then you will see the HUGE amount of people who are very pleased with their experiences and products, and if they did have an issue, they mostly say that contacting Emory had it resolved pleasantly. My parents own a business  themselves, and i know first hand how plain rude some people can be over the smallest issues. I know this isn't everyone who has an issue, i'm not trying to offend anybody, this is just my view, but everyone makes a mistake sometimes, and if people were all polite and courteous to each other, i'm sure we would all find the world in general a better place, let alone innocent mistakes on either parties behalf when buying products.

Again, just my opinion, i don't mean to offend anyone, if i do, i'm sorry, and the moderators can remove this is they feel it breaks any forum rules.

Raven VA - FOC Silver
Shock - FO
Manticore R+B Emerald
Dominix LE v3 - PO
Initiate LE v3 - AS
Liberator v3 Staff - SRD + CG
Dominix v2 Staff - RGB + BR

The Countess - Curved Custom
-
Behind the strangest of pretences can lie the best of things...

Racona Nova
Knight of the Obsidian Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1116

There is no good or evil....there's only power!

« Reply #443 on: January 17, 2014, 07:53:04 PM »

I had to contact him three times so far (two product issues, one order issue) and all three were resolved. Customer service of US is the best I've seen so far - and I've seen quite a few Smiley Of course, everyone makes mistakes, but that's human.

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2034

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #444 on: February 05, 2014, 06:45:01 AM »

To make mistakes is to be human. Others needs to accept that. All my sabers have been perfect but one of my way older ones.

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

jeff the killer440
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: 7

red jedi knight

« Reply #445 on: March 02, 2014, 12:59:05 PM »

I agree with ultra...the company is the best ive seen. hell they used them in big bang theory (I think) in howaards bedroom...there just that amazing. I definently am happy I came across ultrasabers and hope to buy more sabers

(dark points)
planned sabers:
"the creepy pasta nightmare" - consular (w/o shroud) connected to a yari pike (silver) by a vented flush coupler (silver) with a guardian pommel on the yari - BR color
"501st" - initiate v2 with white and blue paint - GB color

Scram77
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 8

« Reply #446 on: March 05, 2014, 11:15:03 AM »

I just wanted to add my support on this thread.

I have bought a couple of sabers from US and they have both been perfect and exactly what I wanted them to be.  I have bought parts from elsewhere and the quality is noticeable lower.  In fact I recently built a saber for a friend of mine using mostly parts from US and just an Emitter from elsewhere and I was disappointed to see that there was a visible difference in the the US parts and the other part - The US parts where cleaner, brighter, and smoother.

I will happily buy my future products from US and the more parts they have the happier I will be!

Cris Kaytarn
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 1

« Reply #447 on: March 09, 2014, 11:44:05 PM »

Bought a Standard Issue v2 staff two years ago, really because my then gf (now wife) wanted a saber if I was getting one. Two different, forum color LEDs, a pair of 36" UltraEdge Heavy Grade blades with batteries and a wrench.

Results: We've replaced the batteries ONCE in two years of cons and bashing each other in the back yard. Mine spends days hanging from my belt at cons. The blade colors are bright and true.

And I can't shut up about them to my friends.

Over the next year AT LEAST 3 more sabers will be ordered from US by me and my immediate friends. (I REALLY want a Bellicose in Adegan Silver... Maybe with sound and blue flash on clash if my bonus check is big enough this year, or the OT holds up at work...) And a Green Standard Issue for my friends Rahm Kota costume.... And maybe a guardian for another friend... And an Dark Initiate/Standard Issue with 2-3 yari extensions and a 16" bade for play...

Translation, EVERYONE loves my sabers, which means, they love UltraSabers, and I will continue to support this company for as long as I'm doing SW Cosplay, which since I'm going to be trying to get into BOTH the Rebel Legion as a Generic Jedi and The Jedi Assembly in the next year, will be for quite a while.

If anyone asks, I tell them: Buy UltraSabers. Good Product, Excellent service, amazing people on the forums. You will find what you want, and it will be awesome.

Okay, I have MAYBE one 'complaint' in that I'd like to be able to just buy a 50" Yari extension rather than 2-3 shorter ones Cheesy... but it's still on the list for pick up...

Smutpedler
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: -4

« Reply #448 on: March 18, 2014, 02:26:42 PM »

I am very new to sabers and the forum. Here's my story; I saw Jedi Junkies and had no idea there were "saber smiths". I just assumed Hasbro or toy companies were the only place to get a replica lightsaber (or pay hundreds for a static model for Forbidden Planet). After some Googling I discovered a few forums and companies out there who offered exactly this in addition to what seemed to be a huge amount of people building their own sabers. I purchased 2 US stunt sabers with the intention of modifying and customizing them for something to do. Until recently I've been an avid skateboarder but my body just doesn't work like it used to so I was really looking forwards to being part of a community of people who loved some of the other things I do i.e. metal work, craftmanship, design and of course Star Wars.

After posting in a couple of forums asking questions to begin my customizations; I had posts removed and was (politely, I'll admit) rebuked for discussing certain companies in certain places. No one really helped me understand the politics as I asked to avoid any further offence to people. This whole situation nearly put me off entering this new hobby for me. I worked in building concrete skateparks for the last few years (before returning to metal work recently) and it's a horrible backstabbing industry; naturally my reaction was to nearly run a mile rather than become embroiled in a headache of politics again.

The thing that really baffles me with things like this is the fact that the modern world places so much stress on us for survival (mortgage, paying to eat or be warm, etc.) is it's very easy to forget why we got into things in the first place! I've only ever been a skateboarder of Star Wars fan because I love it!! No other reasons. My personal viewpoint is it seems silly arguing about who first used a term to describe making an led flash when a motion sensor tells it to. Maybe the pressures of the modern world cloud the fact that we all only stared doing this for fun or maybe no ones realised this whole hobby is based on copyrights and creations of George Lucas and Disney! Lucas could tear this whole industry apart if he wanted (a bad move to upset the fans that have supported him over the years, granted) because we're all using his ideas and creations anyways! I know everyone needs to eat and keep warm so I do understand tempers getting flared; I just don't understand the politics over what is, essentially, someone else's creative copyright in the first place. We're all copying what we saw on those movies!

I have no issues with the quality of my US products (although I could do with rethreading my Prophecy pommel, not down to US) and am very happy with them. Sure if I had the money I would wait 3 years to have a Graflex flash gun converted with a crystal reveal chamber for a couple of thousand pounds just to feed my SuperGeek. But I don't. I'm not a rich man so I have to say; US have great value for money in my eyes and offer a great product. Now go play with your sabers and have fun Smiley. I hope to enjoy this forum and US products in the future as well as those from other manufacturers regardless of who figured out how to copy emulated Lucas' ideas first. Peas...

"I want to go home and rethink my life..."

Master Bluespike74
Guardian Prime
Vanguard of the Azure Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 977

As long as there is light, I will be here.

« Reply #449 on: March 18, 2014, 03:43:43 PM »

Smutpedler, this ran much deeper than naming rights and sound fonts.  You make a good point that plenty of people were turned off by this.  As I have stated for a long time that everything comes out in the end.  I have seen cheaters in card games finally get caught, as well as sports teams getting busted for cheating as well. 

If the posts I have seen on Facebook and other forums is any indication, I think the credibility of Ultrasaber's critics is slowly being chipped away. 

This is a company that provides ready to go products in short order at an affordable price. 

Is everyone happy with them:  no.  Very few companies can ever say that every customer will be 100% satisfied 100% of the time.  That is the nature of business.  I look at the fact that the supporters greatly outweigh the detractors. 

Guided by the Aing Tii Monks

Shodan in Shaolin Kempo Karate/Kung Fu/Jiu Jitsu

Yes, I am a color:  BLUE

Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 46   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: