Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 46   Go Down
Author Topic: A note concerning some of the rumors flying around...  (Read 258090 times)
Darth Vectivus
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

"Humans, the future of the galaxy"

« Reply #390 on: January 30, 2013, 03:26:43 AM »

Nothing but great things.After picking US I bought one and its in a truck on its way. After ordering I was email-ed right away that there was a problem with my information. One email later and its all resolved, by far the best customer service, maybe my landlord can get some tips from you guys lol.

Pacing the floors waiting the hours i have left ha ha.

Darren_Corr
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #391 on: February 05, 2013, 04:30:27 PM »

As I mentioned in my other post, I'm more that amazed on how fast my saber was delivered. Less than 6 days from USA to Croatia, then our customs hold it for a bit.

And saber is awesome. I just had a Hasbro saber in my hands once but this is better made, more sturdy and meant for fueling. So far, it's awesome. Smiley

So good work Ultra, and thank you.

boldfullmetal
Knight Officer

(V) (;,,,;) (V) woop! woop! woop! naaa! naaa!

« Reply #392 on: February 10, 2013, 08:41:38 AM »

well i just ordered my first saber and it's quality will determine my opinion of the company, nothing more nothing less. but from the reviews i have seen i expect great things.

lightside points please

Ricos
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -48

“I find your lack of faith disturbing.”

« Reply #393 on: February 10, 2013, 09:19:28 PM »

well i just ordered my first saber and it's quality will determine my opinion of the company, nothing more nothing less. but from the reviews i have seen i expect great things.

Won't be disappointed!!!

Bellicose DVA...Obsidian
Overlord BR...Obsidian
Overlord BR
Dominix LE v3 CG
Dark Initiate v2 GB...son
Initiate LE v3 CG...nephew
Standard Issue Battle Saber v3 AS...son

Jexroyal
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #394 on: February 14, 2013, 03:38:09 AM »

I browsed a few pages of this thread and I gotta say, Ultra, you're my hero. You deal with unfair problems that you shouldn't have to, put up with many immature people on this forum, and still manage to make great lightsabers.

For the first time in years you and the other guys at Ultrasabers have let me fulfill a childhood dream of waving about a real lightsaber. Your saber crafting is an absolutely amazing addition to the quality of the world in general, and you should be so proud of the effect you guys have had on so many people. I know I'm not the only one to unwrap their lightsaber, and fall in love at first sight. Your products are more than just plastic and metal, they represent so much more to people. They're a nostalgic memory, a hobby, a dueler's dream, and best of all an amazing product that deserves recognition.

So on behalf of all Ultrasaber fans I salute you. Keep on rocking you guys.

I am not light nor dark, but an amalgamation of both.

"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." -Friedrich Nietzsche
------------------------------
Dominix v3 LE - Adegan Silver

boldfullmetal
Knight Officer

(V) (;,,,;) (V) woop! woop! woop! naaa! naaa!

« Reply #395 on: February 14, 2013, 07:10:34 AM »

well i will say this about ultra sabers, they have a damn better marketing team then the competition. in fact i didn't know of any competition because i have never seen any other company advertise their products.  and i cant wait to get my saber this friday! i am so excited.

lightside points please

James Casey
Forum Watchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1510

« Reply #396 on: February 19, 2013, 11:40:42 PM »

well i will say this about ultra sabers, they have a damn better marketing team then the competition. in fact i didn't know of any competition because i have never seen any other company advertise their products.  and i cant wait to get my saber this friday! i am so excited.

If nothing else, their ad flashed up on a webcomic I read. I have no idea what the crossover is to this particular comic (slice-of-life/music) from 'sabre wielders, but it got one potential customer through the door. And as you say, bold, other companies haven't managed to reach me. I guess that's part of being a niche market - a few thousand people, perhaps, buying the products worldwide, so a leading trader has an advantage that can be hard to recover because of such a small customer base.

I've just had a quick look around to see what came up when I typed in 'custom lightsabers' into a search engine, and I'm still not feeling like I'd want to shop anywhere else.

"I'll split this world open and tear down the sky before I let him come to even the slightest harm."

Keltic Assassin
Force Sensitive

« Reply #397 on: February 21, 2013, 12:47:24 AM »

US was the second site I came across when I was looking for info on building a lightsaber. After several days of looking at your products I decided to order a grab bag saber. I have several items in my wish list I would like to use to modifying it depending which one shows up. My son wants one and my brother is also interested. The quality of the site and reviews definitely helped my decision. I cant wait for it to arrive.

Everything is going to be just fine.............hmmmm no wait, were toast.

Sensei21
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 3

« Reply #398 on: March 23, 2013, 05:41:45 AM »

Just got my first saber and I can say that right now, it is a solid and reliable piece of equipment, one that feels like it can last years of solid dueling. I even got a grab bag, the cheapest option!

Also, I saw on the first 3 pages that people were mentioning "1,500 dollar sabers from other sites might be better" and it made me wonder, what other sites sell a saber for the much? In the past year I have contacted 2-3 different custom saber smiths about making my own design for me and only one replied to me, just once. The other two never even replied to my email, leaving me very turned off of them. As this is my first purchase I can't say how accurate and reliable my opinion is in terms of the competition, but I do plan on purchasing from Ultrasabers again, especially if this saber stands the test of time. Before purchasing this saber I spent months researching multiple smiths and, after numerous reviews, blogs, forums, and videos later, I decided that US was the place to. I heard (consistently) that they made the finest product, the strongest product, and the cheapest product available in the market. I've seen the amount of customer appreciation that they present and it's admirable.

I'd like to see a list of the other saber smiths so I can actually give them a shot, if that's alright.

Also, to Ultra, I wish I had seen you guys at the recent Lexington Comic and Toy Convention =[ I was really disappointed that I couldn't give you my money that day! Wink Great job, keep it up guys and gals.

First Ultrasaber for my 20th Birthday from my fiance:
Dark Standard Issue (Vertical) Sun Rider's Destiny (Grab Bag)

Master Bluespike74
Guardian Prime
Vanguard of the Azure Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 977

As long as there is light, I will be here.

« Reply #399 on: March 23, 2013, 12:53:31 PM »

Just got my first saber and I can say that right now, it is a solid and reliable piece of equipment, one that feels like it can last years of solid dueling. I even got a grab bag, the cheapest option!

Also, I saw on the first 3 pages that people were mentioning "1,500 dollar sabers from other sites might be better" and it made me wonder, what other sites sell a saber for the much? In the past year I have contacted 2-3 different custom saber smiths about making my own design for me and only one replied to me, just once. The other two never even replied to my email, leaving me very turned off of them. As this is my first purchase I can't say how accurate and reliable my opinion is in terms of the competition, but I do plan on purchasing from Ultrasabers again, especially if this saber stands the test of time. Before purchasing this saber I spent months researching multiple smiths and, after numerous reviews, blogs, forums, and videos later, I decided that US was the place to. I heard (consistently) that they made the finest product, the strongest product, and the cheapest product available in the market. I've seen the amount of customer appreciation that they present and it's admirable.

I'd like to see a list of the other saber smiths so I can actually give them a shot, if that's alright.

Also, to Ultra, I wish I had seen you guys at the recent Lexington Comic and Toy Convention =[ I was really disappointed that I couldn't give you my money that day! Wink Great job, keep it up guys and gals.

A listing of other smiths would be against forum rules.  This thread was created as a response to videos and other forums that were stating US was making poor quality lightsabers and stealing ideas from others.  Glad that you liked your first saber though.  We would love to see pics and hear your opinions in the reviews section.  Also glad to see someone in my neighborhood since you went to the Lex Con.

Blue

Guided by the Aing Tii Monks

Shodan in Shaolin Kempo Karate/Kung Fu/Jiu Jitsu

Yes, I am a color:  BLUE

Moebius Omega
Knight Arbiter

Force Alignment: 33

{Lightside Points Please}

« Reply #400 on: March 24, 2013, 01:12:06 AM »

Looking at the other sites that will come up if you google 'custom saber', they are all very similar in the service they offer:
The vast majority of them simply do not stock sabers. They expect you to pay them a deposit so they can add you to a waiting list, then when it's your turn you tell them what you want, and they charge you anywhere between $200 and $2000. Oh, and they can quote you anywhere up to a 3 month build time.
Then and only then do they start making your saber.
As opposed to US, where all the parts are made and shipped to their site, (all usually in stock), you select whatever saber you want from their very wide selection, they assemble it, and usually ship it out within one business day.
And if you want something unique or unusual, Deep and Ultra will usually try and accommodate you.
Got a particular switch you want adding? Send it to them and they'll fit it for you.
Want a part from a saber that isn't listed? Email them and they'll give you a quote.
With service like that, I can't see why anyone would go elsewhere.
Combine that with the fact that these things are built specifically for you to go wacking your friend/family member's saber in a full on duel, and you can't go wrong Smiley

Obsidian Reaper CG
Obsidian Consular SY/BR

Ultra
Lord Commander
Administrator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1765

IN HOC SIGNO VINCES

« Reply #401 on: May 17, 2013, 05:49:44 AM »

This topic is starting to wander. Again, impending litigation can't be discussed publicly, so some posts have been removed. Thanks for your understanding.

eerockk
Knight of the Obsidian Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 662

TPLA Lx Apprentice - Nova 7

« Reply #402 on: May 17, 2013, 12:58:50 PM »

This topic is starting to wander. Again, impending litigation can't be discussed publicly, so some posts have been removed. Thanks for your understanding.

You have always had, and always will have our support, Ultra and Deep. MTFBWY both.

Bellicose - Prophecy V3 - Overlord - Archon 2.1 - Guardian

Master Bluespike74
Guardian Prime
Vanguard of the Azure Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 977

As long as there is light, I will be here.

« Reply #403 on: May 20, 2013, 03:56:42 PM »

It is my sincerest hope that everything comes to a conclusion so that everything can be laid to rest.  Be well and thanks for creating the Archon 2.1. 

Guided by the Aing Tii Monks

Shodan in Shaolin Kempo Karate/Kung Fu/Jiu Jitsu

Yes, I am a color:  BLUE

Kresnik
Knight of the Obsidian Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 111

« Reply #404 on: July 25, 2013, 05:10:54 AM »

I just wanted to jump on the OMG this is the best company ever band wagon.

The only way I even knew competitors to US existed was the fact that they are so easily destroyed in reviews, youtube videos and ummm personal experience.

Keep on going US, you have a cool business model I really only have minor complaints but in the overall picture this company exceeds my expectations.

You have a wonderful set of moderators in this community ,website people and overall customer service and performance !

In order of favorite
Bellicose in PO w/ Obsidian
DSI vert grooves 4 ch Emerald  w/ Stunt
Guardian 2 Ch Emerald w/ Obsidian (1st Place Raffle prize)
Aeon V2 in CG Stunt (sort of modified)

Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 46   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: