Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 46   Go Down
Author Topic: A note concerning some of the rumors flying around...  (Read 258465 times)
Master Bluespike74
Guardian Prime
Vanguard of the Azure Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 977

As long as there is light, I will be here.

« Reply #360 on: July 12, 2012, 02:01:26 AM »

I will say that the only negative review of Ultrasabers I have seen was a YouTube video from a user called "Honest Saber Reviews", although I am not certain his name is fitting. Evidently he bought the lies about Novastar (I did wonder why I hadn't seen him on the forums in a while) and bashed the sabers in other ways too. I must admit that his review made me a little bit more nervous about buying a saber (though the plethora of good reviews lent me reassurance); but my decision was even if he was right, Ultrasabers was literally the only saber maker in my price range. And they delivered! Thank you, Ultra, Deep, and all the rest, for proving "Honest" Saber Reviews wrong!

Starswirl

(P.S. I think this user had another review on his channel and it was pretty negative of another company too; I don't remember for sure).

Welcome to the forums Starswirl.  Most of the videos referenced earlier in the thread have been removed either by YouTube (for hate filled language and badgering other YouTube users) or voluntarily by the posters.  The crew that you referenced were asked often why they were only focusing on Ultrasabers and why they were not allowing comments from Ultrasabers supporters to remain.  I think the other review they did was to cover their hind ends but none will know for sure. 

I can understand your price concerns as I have those as well.  I cut one hobby that required more funds and more travel.  We are the 99% that want to be involved with Star Wars lightsabers and Ultra and Deep have made that a reality.  Then you have fencing and martial arts masters entering showing us how to properly utilize the combat ideals behind the Ultrasaber and you cannot help but be pleased by what you have in your hand. 

Guided by the Aing Tii Monks

Shodan in Shaolin Kempo Karate/Kung Fu/Jiu Jitsu

Yes, I am a color:  BLUE

Malgus1979
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: -4

Join Me

« Reply #361 on: July 12, 2012, 03:05:45 AM »

this is to the creators of ultrasabers both the site and the products. i just recieved my malice blade for $404. and change and i honestly feel it was worth it the high grade aluminum base, and blade feel well balanced in my hands making for a great grip with no worry of slipping as i swing and twirl the blade. the sound board is exceptional, better sounding than i had originally thought it would be. all in all a thank you goes out to all people and persons involved in the making and assembling of my blade. may the force be with you, now join the darkside.

Bow before my blade or fall by it, the decision is yours to make. Choose wisely!!!

MajinKnux
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: -3

I...am the solution

« Reply #362 on: July 16, 2012, 09:43:47 PM »

I must admit, when I was very first shopping around, there were some truly terrible rumors going around about many of the sabersmiths. To be frank it was very daunting for an initiate to this whole thing to come into all of the drama and wonder where to go, and where to begin.

After much deliberation, I decided on US because you here on the forums seemed so pleased with them, and I really liked their products.

I have never regretted it. I've received nothing but good service and pleasant attitudes here from both US staff and fellow forum members. Not only have I not regretted it, I've gotten a handful of friends to buy from US, too, and we are all more than satisfied.

Cheers Ultra, cheers US overall, may the Force be with us all.

"The point is not to bear suffering in stoic resignation, but to seek it out; for it offers an opportunity to test and display prowess."

jedimasta556
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: -13

Should I Listen?

« Reply #363 on: August 17, 2012, 04:17:45 PM »

i know ultrasabers sabers are durable and can take hits, like a tank. the people dissing ultra are just jerks wanting atention. LONG LIVE ULTRASABERS!!!!!! dark side points are awesome

Dark Side Points Are Like Pie To Me. (I LOVE Pie!!) Give Me Dark Side Points. GIVE. THEM. TO. ME. NOW!!!!!!

Eko Jorn
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 1

Shoot first.

« Reply #364 on: September 30, 2012, 05:24:46 AM »

i know ultrasabers sabers are durable and can take hits, like a tank. the people dissing ultra are just jerks wanting atention. LONG LIVE ULTRASABERS!!!!!! dark side points are awesome

Dark side points? I collect credits.

Also, Ultrasabers needs to make me a bryar pistol... Now.

ULTRA RULES

Save the Force points for someone who can use them.  Send me some Credits.

Paradox
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 24

« Reply #365 on: October 13, 2012, 09:56:17 PM »

I too am very new to the saber community and SaberForum but after alot of research I decided to order thru UltrsSabers.

I placed my order for 2 sabers (an initiate LE V3 with sound for my son and a Graflex CE with sound) this past Thursday.  I have read that UltraSabers ships fast, much faster than other sabersmiths out there, but WOW within just a few short hour of my order I had received an email that my sabers had shipped!

That night I kept reading more and more and even with the negative stuff out there the rave reviews far outweigh the negative ones.  And so many of the negative ones had replies from the OP that after contacting UltraSabers they did right by them and fixed the problem or sent out a part which was needed to make things right.  That right there speaks volumes for a company IMO.

Well, lemme say now i didn't stop at those 2 sabers lol.  The next day the site was down when I was needing my US fix.  Later in the day, upon it returning and more research being done on my part, I decided to order one more blade using the incredible deals out there for US right now further making great pricing better.  I just had to have one sith blade in red so Friday ordered a Raven SS with Sound.

Now the wait begins for them all to show this week.  I'm so excited, the hard part now is hiding them from my son since his will be a Christmas gift...  I hope to meet more of you all around the forums!  Smiley

* Light Side points appreciated. *

- Initiate LE v3 with sound / Violet Amethyst
- Graflex CE with sound / SunRider's Destiny
- Raven SS edition with sound / Blazing Red

Ultra
Lord Commander
Administrator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1765

IN HOC SIGNO VINCES

« Reply #366 on: October 20, 2012, 01:03:51 PM »

I appreciate yall sharing your experiences with the negativity.  I have always held the belief that today's consumer is extremely intelligent and can see beyond petty squabbles and internet blabber.

I'd like to make a couple comments if I may.  First, common sense is a powerful tool when deciding what saber you will choose.  If we made bad products, people would stop buying them.  Plain and simple.

Second, the moderators of this forum are not Ultra Saber employees, they are regular members of the saber community.  They get no discounts or perks for being on the staff.  As mods, they can see everything we do here.  We chose very honorable and highly respected members of the saber hobby to moderate these forums and if we were being unethical with extreme censorship, they would take notice and either resign, or at the very least, say something about it.

The one thing you won't see, though, is hostility on this forum towards anyone else, even those who wish us harm.  This is a safe place, free from rude comments, insults, and condescension.  We want everyone to feel welcome, whether you're a veteran of the hobby who can build a saber blindfolded or a complete newcomer. 

You have a home here and you'll be respected whether you own an Ultra Saber or not.

xango
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 9

« Reply #367 on: October 20, 2012, 11:53:03 PM »

Hi, another newbie to the US world, I am from Mexico (so is impossible to be a US worker) Long time ago, I bought from Amazon a Obi One Hasbro LS, it cost me with shipping $125 USD: This saber never came even close to my expectations so I sell it and soon after this I discovered ultra and wanted to give them a try, so I ordered a Dominix v3 with sound and rechargable batteries, the diference are beyond compare and I paid for this with shipping $190 USD, I am enloved with this saber, there are not enough good comments for me to ultrasabers and since I love my dominix so much, I do not want to practice with it so I ordered a initiate v2 LE without sound for practice and I also was amazed with this one... Ultrasabers now have a loyal customer, definetly will order probably another 2 to my collection, so do not think twice, this are amazing products!

Light side all the way!

StuartMc
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 1

« Reply #368 on: October 25, 2012, 01:40:09 PM »

No connection with Ultrasabers, other than being a customer, but I ordered two blades recently and am very happy with them; happy enough to add my testimonial here.

I was impressed by:

a) The speed. I ordered on a Sunday evening and they arrived on the following Thursday... in the UK.

b) The service: Despite ordering 2 grab bag sabers which should be random, they took the time to follow my request that they weren't both the same colour, as that would be a shame. (My partner loves the mauve by the way).

3) Robustness: I do French stick fighting and I took it along to my group an we were able to spar, properly, with the blades, albeit at a controlled pace. They were sturdy enough to do challenging dueling, where we could actually use our techniques and test each other.

Stuart

eerockk
Knight of the Obsidian Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 662

TPLA Lx Apprentice - Nova 7

« Reply #369 on: October 25, 2012, 01:44:29 PM »

From my experience also, these rumors are completely unfounded. In fact, my experience shows that UltraSabers understates the quality of their products on their site, and their customer service is just as understated as well. Now that I have my Bellicose, I know that I made the right choice for multiple reasons.

Bellicose - Prophecy V3 - Overlord - Archon 2.1 - Guardian

Rajen
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 28

Is the Dark Side stronger? No. Quicker, easier...

« Reply #370 on: November 06, 2012, 09:25:54 AM »

And I just gotta add my two cents as well...

I have bought 17 sabers now, from various saber smiths over the last 6 years or so. Without question my favourites are my Ultrasabers. For quality and customer service focus, Ultrasabers gets the win. For price vs product Ultrasabers gets the win. For website and ease of purchase Ultrasabers gets the win. For speed of delivery Ultrasabers gets the win.

And for this fantastic Forum and most excellent community ULTRASABERS GETS THE WIN!

(Oh, and did I mention the huge range, great colour choices, and FREE sound fonts for the Obsidian sound boards...?)

Ultrasabers is doing fantastic things.

Thanks for keeping the dream alive and well!

Find Peace in Emotion
Seek Knowledge from Ignorance
Feel Serenity in Passion
See Harmony in Chaos
Know the Force in Death
- Rajen Dusk's reflections on the Code

(Light side please if you're willing)

Ultra
Lord Commander
Administrator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1765

IN HOC SIGNO VINCES

« Reply #371 on: November 08, 2012, 10:02:12 AM »

Speaking of the sound fonts, you may hear someone say that we "stole" fonts and don't have permission to distribute them.  That, of course, is false.  We have a signed contract (a simple, one page contract) authorizing us to distribute the fonts, so enjoy them.  If a certain party wishes to contest the contract, they can settle it in court like a professional rather than hurl insults on the internet.

When Samsung and Apple have disputes over Intellectual Property, they don't ask their customers to get involved and take sides.  We won't either.  We strongly believe in the US justice system, so if we ever have to fight any legal battles we will do so in court, NOT facebook or the forums  Roll Eyes

Mooose
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 23

« Reply #372 on: November 09, 2012, 10:27:56 AM »

Well let me give you my thoughts so far. I was desperate for an Obi Wan style hilt (TPM) and looked everywhere. Then US re-released the Guardian and after some research, i came across some of the unpleasant things being said about US. However, I still decided to take the plunge, given that whenever I e mailed Emory about a query he responded quickly and helpfully. I then placed my order and configured my Guardian. I ordered on the 3rd of November and Live in the UK. Guys, I cant believe it but when they say they are fast I mean I could never have guessed how fast. The saber is already here in the UK and has just been delivered. Thats 6 days in all. I mean WTF! How can they be so quick? Im about to open and fingers crossed the great service will continue. Bravo ultrasabers.

Mooose
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 23

« Reply #373 on: November 09, 2012, 12:07:47 PM »

Just opened and boys, its absolutely perfect. This will not be my last UltraSaber. This is incredible and what service! No too sure on how to take out the soundboard though? Unscrewed the pommel but i can only see the speaker. Only criticism, no instructions on this but aside from that, im so impressed guys!

Manroon
Protector of Abused Dungeon Rancors
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 832

Nova Six, two lit and in the green.

« Reply #374 on: November 09, 2012, 05:16:36 PM »

Here you are, instant instructions.  Grin

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jaNOtVX5rOU" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jaNOtVX5rOU</a>

I am not a color...

A Knight can serve only one Master.

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 46   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: