Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 46   Go Down
Author Topic: A note concerning some of the rumors flying around...  (Read 258484 times)
Jm419
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 1

« Reply #345 on: June 20, 2012, 04:23:43 AM »

Well, here's to giving that a strong start.   Cheesy  Maybe we can pull something off if we work together - it doesn't hurt to take that first step.

Amanita
Knight Captain

Force Alignment: 39

« Reply #346 on: June 23, 2012, 02:46:56 AM »

Second, as our beautiful Amanita has pointed out many times, nobody here was knocking higher end sabers but simply commenting on how Ultrasabers fill a market for those that cannot afford to buy those higher end sabers.  I agree that they are works of art and people should be proud of that work.  Some of the newer members have made comments and I have personally tried to steer this conversation back to the main topic.

Aww thanks! That's pretty much what I've been saying- that there's a place for both high-end and production sabers in this hobby- that the high end sabersmiths turn out some amazing pieces, but not everyone has that kind of cash, or waiting time. I won't diss anyone for spending big bucks on a saber, heck I saw an amazing one on another sabersmith's site, and I am seriously thinking of getting one, when funds permit. It won't be cheap, but the design is gorgeous enough to justify it.

I too respect Ultra for encouraging his customers and supporters NOT to engage in trashtalk against other businesses or individuals. Such trashtalk only muddies the waters and makes things worse, IMHO.

JM419, I wouldn't count you out of the hobby just yet- you've got two gorgeous sabers already. And some time in the future when your circumstances improve, you can always add to your collection. Thanks to my crappy work situation these past few months, I've had to pass on getting the Guardian and Monarch when they were released, but when things get better for me, I hope to pick one up.

JediShadow
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 43

« Reply #347 on: June 25, 2012, 06:12:07 AM »

Ok so I joined this forum a month ago and just now got around to reading this thread. About a month ago when I discovered that people made really good quality lightsabers I was immediately sucked into this hobby. I had some of the telescoping lightsabers when I was little. I thought they were great! But now come to find out people were making infinitely better lightsabers, I couldn't believe it. So I began my search. The first things I saw were some of the videos bashing Ultrasabers. One video featured a saber "made by Ultrasabers" that had loose wire connections and was filled with hot glue from pommel to emitters. I did not want any part of that lol. After looking around and checking out other forums it seemed to me that I couldn't find a good quality, fairly cheap lightsaber so I thought about giving up. But I went to the US website just to look at what they had to offer. I watched video after video of Deep showing off new sabers and they didn't look like junk to me. They seemed really nice! Not to mention the price was pretty much amazing. Then I saw there was a forum. I'd been to a couple of others but this one was different.

Every post I read was about how much the person liked their new saber or how there was an issue but the guys at Ultrasabers went out of their way to fix it or just a communal sharing of ideas freely and without judgement. I could not believe what I was reading. Every time there was a "I'm new, can anyone help me?" topic started the first response was almost always a great big "Welcome!!!" followed by a "Let me help you any way I can" sort of reply. I remember members like BenPass, Solinus, Master Nero, and Bluespike all fit that description (thanks guys you made me feel very welcome here!)

So I gave it a shot and ordered and grab bag and could not be any happier. In fact I ordered my second saber a week after the first on got here Cheesy

So to Ultra, Deep, and everyone else at Ultrasabers I'd just like to say you guys have my support and my repeat business because you make an amazing product and provide excellent service. You can count on me spreading the word that US is a great place for lightsabers. Just keep doing what you do best!

To everybody here on the forums I'd like to thank you for the kind words of advice and support you have given me. This forum has become a part of my life and its a welcoming and accepting place to come and geek out with other Star Wars fans. Its because of this forum I didn't get discouraged from lightsabers! Thanks!

"Twinkle" - GB Blue Standard Issue v2
"Icingdeath" - AB Dominix LE v3
SRD Aeon v3
PO Monarch
BR Phantom Initiate v3
AS Dark Liberator v3
CG Dominix v2

Solinus
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -209

Black Star Sabers

« Reply #348 on: June 25, 2012, 08:52:23 AM »

Every time there was a "I'm new, can anyone help me?" topic started the first response was almost always a great big "Welcome!!!" followed by a "Let me help you any way I can" sort of reply. I remember members like BenPass, Solinus, Master Nero, and Bluespike all fit that description (thanks guys you made me feel very welcome here!)

D'aaww... shucks.. You're very welcome JediShadow. I really love being a part of this community. When I first came here, I was shown the very same type of attention that you described. It felt very nice. Soon after, I started to feel like I belonged somewhere. As my knowledge of the US product increased, I wanted to share that knowledge with everyone I could.

Plus, it just feels good to be nice to people (despite me being a Sith and all).

I'm glad that you've decided to stick around. I'm also glad that you're extremely happy with your sabers as well.

Control your fear. Give in to your hate. Let it guide you along the path and soon you shall find yourself... home.

**Dark Side points appreciated.**

BenPass
Knight of the Consular Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 690

Jedi Consular

« Reply #349 on: June 25, 2012, 09:06:59 AM »

We do try to help and show the same welcome we received Smiley I must say that I love it here, and am a totally loyal US supporter.

May the Force be with me? Sure! It can come along!
"Lux triumphat super obscurum" - "Light triumphs over darkness"

Big Andy
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -173

Dark side points please.

« Reply #350 on: July 02, 2012, 10:14:55 AM »

Ok so I joined this forum a month ago and just now got around to reading this thread. About a month ago when I discovered that people made really good quality lightsabers I was immediately sucked into this hobby. I had some of the telescoping lightsabers when I was little. I thought they were great! But now come to find out people were making infinitely better lightsabers, I couldn't believe it. So I began my search. The first things I saw were some of the videos bashing Ultrasabers. One video featured a saber "made by Ultrasabers" that had loose wire connections and was filled with hot glue from pommel to emitters. I did not want any part of that lol. After looking around and checking out other forums it seemed to me that I couldn't find a good quality, fairly cheap lightsaber so I thought about giving up. But I went to the US website just to look at what they had to offer. I watched video after video of Deep showing off new sabers and they didn't look like junk to me. They seemed really nice! Not to mention the price was pretty much amazing. Then I saw there was a forum. I'd been to a couple of others but this one was different.

Every post I read was about how much the person liked their new saber or how there was an issue but the guys at Ultrasabers went out of their way to fix it or just a communal sharing of ideas freely and without judgement. I could not believe what I was reading. Every time there was a "I'm new, can anyone help me?" topic started the first response was almost always a great big "Welcome!!!" followed by a "Let me help you any way I can" sort of reply. I remember members like BenPass, Solinus, Master Nero, and Bluespike all fit that description (thanks guys you made me feel very welcome here!)

So I gave it a shot and ordered and grab bag and could not be any happier. In fact I ordered my second saber a week after the first on got here Cheesy

So to Ultra, Deep, and everyone else at Ultrasabers I'd just like to say you guys have my support and my repeat business because you make an amazing product and provide excellent service. You can count on me spreading the word that US is a great place for lightsabers. Just keep doing what you do best!

To everybody here on the forums I'd like to thank you for the kind words of advice and support you have given me. This forum has become a part of my life and its a welcoming and accepting place to come and geek out with other Star Wars fans. Its because of this forum I didn't get discouraged from lightsabers! Thanks!

Welcome to the forum, lol. I myself have only been a member of the forum for a few months now and I would describe my joining of it almost the same way. The only difference is that I've been a customer or ultras since 2006, I was just always to lazy to check out the forum, now I wish I had long before I did. O well live and learn. O and the best thing that you as a customer, as a forum member, and as a member of this great community can do is spread the goodness abound, be it via word of mouth, youtube, cons etc. In fact because of all the BS slander out there I'm officially proposing that each and every one of us that possesses the ability make a short pro ultrasabers video and share it via youtube. Lets put it out there as customers that we ARE satisfied no that we are forever committed to this great company, nay that we are SPARTANS ULTRAS!

The Jedi are simple minded fools who try to avoid there feeling when feelings are the path of true power. The Sith on the other hand are just as foolish in only using anger to fuel there power. To unlock true power one must utilize all of one's emotions.

Jedi_Grevan
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 13

« Reply #351 on: July 05, 2012, 12:47:45 AM »

I have been reading post on off for the last few days about this topic.........All I have to say is when I put google.com in and than type custom lightsabers....I just want any and everyone to know that Ultrasabers.com is first to appear on the list of sites.....So  Tongue to the rest...... and You can only get hated on if you're at the top of your game and thats what US is all about

"Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering. I sense much fear in you." Yoda

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #352 on: July 05, 2012, 12:51:10 AM »

So  Tongue to the rest...... and You can only get hated on if you're at the top of your game and thats what US is all about

Ultra should frame this and hang it in his office.

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Jedi_Grevan
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 13

« Reply #353 on: July 05, 2012, 01:04:33 AM »

Hey Threadjack if US made a plaque of what I said...I would probably frame the pic of it and hangin it on my room wall......

"Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering. I sense much fear in you." Yoda

Big Andy
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -173

Dark side points please.

« Reply #354 on: July 05, 2012, 06:15:42 AM »

http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=7700.0

Solinus's idea fits perfect with what I was thinking.

The Jedi are simple minded fools who try to avoid there feeling when feelings are the path of true power. The Sith on the other hand are just as foolish in only using anger to fuel there power. To unlock true power one must utilize all of one's emotions.

Solinus
Knight Commander

Black Star Sabers

« Reply #355 on: July 05, 2012, 10:01:59 AM »

Thanks Big Andy.

My project is a combination of thoughts:

1. I love my Ultra Saber and I want to share my joy with as many people as possible
2. I want people to be able to form their own opinions based on feedback from as many sources as possible.
3. The community here loves their sabers, and uses them to ways that are positive, including entertainment, exercise, and even raising money for charity

The entire Ultra Sabers team deserves the respect that they have earned through hard work, great customer service, and a completely awesome saber community.

The Ultra Sabers team provides us with a great product, and we make that product great!

Control your fear. Give in to your hate. Let it guide you along the path and soon you shall find yourself... home.

Master Bluespike74
Guardian Prime
Vanguard of the Azure Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 977

As long as there is light, I will be here.

« Reply #356 on: July 05, 2012, 02:51:14 PM »

Here is a quick thought concerning Customer Service.  The business offers a service (building a lightsaber) and you the customer purchase that service and expect a product.  Mistakes do happen and therefore you work and negotiate toward a mutually beneficial arrangement.

There exist some that do not understand this concept and come to the forums to make demands that are unreasonable and Ultra has pointed this out and some of the hater sites have helped to illustrate this.  I have seen people upset because something did not work and rather than take the time to contact the company and work toward a mutually beneficial arrangement, they take to forums and Facebook blasting the company.  Ultra stated that if a key fob fails to work for a Mustang, do you then proceed to say the car and company are crap or do you ask for a new key fob? 

I have also seen some that complained because they wanted Sentinel Yellow and got Mountain Dew even though everyone has posted on the forum that forum exclusive colors are EXPERIMENTAL and some have even demanded unrealistic things such as Guardian Lightsabers free of charge because a key wrench was not included.  To use Ultra's analogy, you didn't get your key fob so you want an F-150 in addition to the Mustang?  Not very realistic.

One great compliment that I will give to the Saberforum members and the staff of Ultrasabers that the haters need to take stock:  You will not find racially charged comments on this site.  When any site's moderators and administrators allow hate language to remain for months on end and some of the "Elite" and "Council Members" of other forums are found giving verbal high fives on said areas, you ultimately make your argument null and void. 

In closing, great work to the adminstrators and moderators of this forum for not allowing such garbage to remain on this site.  I am proud to be a member of Saber Forum and I will only purchase from Ultrasabers as long as such standards are held high.  Not only do they run a great business to make sabers available to the 99%, they also aspire to keep the forums free of intolerance.  Thanks to everyone for the great work that you do inside and outside the shop.

Blue

Guided by the Aing Tii Monks

Shodan in Shaolin Kempo Karate/Kung Fu/Jiu Jitsu

Yes, I am a color:  BLUE

BenPass
Knight of the Consular Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 690

Jedi Consular

« Reply #357 on: July 05, 2012, 03:07:49 PM »

Here is a quick thought concerning Customer Service.  The business offers a service (building a lightsaber) and you the customer purchase that service and expect a product.  Mistakes do happen and therefore you work and negotiate toward a mutually beneficial arrangement.

There exist some that do not understand this concept and come to the forums to make demands that are unreasonable and Ultra has pointed this out and some of the hater sites have helped to illustrate this.  I have seen people upset because something did not work and rather than take the time to contact the company and work toward a mutually beneficial arrangement, they take to forums and Facebook blasting the company.  Ultra stated that if a key fob fails to work for a Mustang, do you then proceed to say the car and company are crap or do you ask for a new key fob? 

I have also seen some that complained because they wanted Sentinel Yellow and got Mountain Dew even though everyone has posted on the forum that forum exclusive colors are EXPERIMENTAL and some have even demanded unrealistic things such as Guardian Lightsabers free of charge because a key wrench was not included.  To use Ultra's analogy, you didn't get your key fob so you want an F-150 in addition to the Mustang?  Not very realistic.

One great compliment that I will give to the Saberforum members and the staff of Ultrasabers that the haters need to take stock:  You will not find racially charged comments on this site.  When any site's moderators and administrators allow hate language to remain for months on end and some of the "Elite" and "Council Members" of other forums are found giving verbal high fives on said areas, you ultimately make your argument null and void. 

In closing, great work to the adminstrators and moderators of this forum for not allowing such garbage to remain on this site.  I am proud to be a member of Saber Forum and I will only purchase from Ultrasabers as long as such standards are held high.  Not only do they run a great business to make sabers available to the 99%, they also aspire to keep the forums free of intolerance.  Thanks to everyone for the great work that you do inside and outside the shop.

Blue

Definitely agree with Blue here! I've had nothing but positive experiences with US and only plan to buy from them...when I do finally buy again.

May the Force be with me? Sure! It can come along!
"Lux triumphat super obscurum" - "Light triumphs over darkness"

Solinus
Knight Commander

Black Star Sabers

« Reply #358 on: July 05, 2012, 11:15:23 PM »

This is very well said Blue. And it's the reason why I am working on my video project. (shhh! It's a secret! Don't tell Ultra!)

But really, it's my way of giving back and saying thank you.

Y'all really don't have a clear understanding of how much Ultra Sabers and the community has done for me.

Starswirl
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 5

There is no chaos, there is harmony.

« Reply #359 on: July 11, 2012, 09:42:42 PM »

I will say that the only negative review of Ultrasabers I have seen was a YouTube video from a user called "Honest Saber Reviews", although I am not certain his name is fitting. Evidently he bought the lies about Novastar (I did wonder why I hadn't seen him on the forums in a while) and bashed the sabers in other ways too. I must admit that his review made me a little bit more nervous about buying a saber (though the plethora of good reviews lent me reassurance); but my decision was even if he was right, Ultrasabers was literally the only saber maker in my price range. And they delivered! Thank you, Ultra, Deep, and all the rest, for proving "Honest" Saber Reviews wrong!

Starswirl

(P.S. I think this user had another review on his channel and it was pretty negative of another company too; I don't remember for sure).

If you see fit to award me Force points, I prefer Light Side points.

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 46   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: