Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 46   Go Down
Author Topic: A note concerning some of the rumors flying around...  (Read 258699 times)
ed_ification
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -385

Darth Cronfios

« Reply #315 on: April 26, 2012, 06:38:00 PM »

On the comments about posts being deleted concerning quality, I cannot stress how many times I have read posts directly from Ultra asking people to please give them a chance to correct any problems prior to posting on the forum. 

Ultra owns the company and he has been really cool to create this forum so that his customers can discuss his products.  Giving his team a chance to fix a problem would be really cool so that a complete side of the story can be reported would be a nice way of saying "Thank You."

Very true, and something I meant to add in to my post - you can post about problems, but make sure you follow the forum rules when you do.  Part of the rules on the forum, if I remember, are to contact Ultrasabers so that they have a chance to resolve your problem before posting on the public threads.

Sabers:
MR Vader - ANH
MR Vader - ESB
Dark War Glaive - Blazing Red - "Belligerence"
Standard Issue Grab Bag - Guardian Blue - "Bastion"
2 Shock LEs - Violet - "Perseverance" and "Integrity"
Archon - "Insight"
Dark Initiate - "Harbinger"

Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1641

Suns of the Force

« Reply #316 on: April 26, 2012, 06:50:03 PM »

Very true, and something I meant to add in to my post - you can post about problems, but make sure you follow the forum rules when you do.  Part of the rules on the forum, if I remember, are to contact Ultrasabers so that they have a chance to resolve your problem before posting on the public threads.

Yup, that's another common mistake I've seen.  Some people are decent about it, merely mentioning an issue they have... but again, there are some nastier folks who decide to throw a fit about something they were unhappy about.  I can understand if you're unhappy about something, but not giving them a chance to resolve it before you throw a tantrum is rather rude.

I'm not referring to anyone here, btw.  Those kinds of disgruntled folks tend to "take their ball and go home" when they see their stuff edited - good riddance!

LiethStarKiller
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 11

Knights of Antioch

« Reply #317 on: May 14, 2012, 01:22:50 AM »

I too have seen some nasty things posted about Ultrasabers, and I can honestly say that my whole experience with Ultrasabers was nothing but positive. I ordered my first two sabers (a Dominix LE v3 and an Aeon LE v3) about a month ago. Together with shipping they cost under $240. I got these sabers with no sound, but with covertecs attached, and two covertec clips. This price of $240 was less expensive than even the cheapest of sabers on other sites. (And I got two sabers for this price). Also, in the menu for these sabers is a notice that says, "Usually ships in 2 to 3 weeks." The time I ordered, to the time my sabers came UPS to my door (and I used the cheapest shipping) was 10 days. Other saber-smiths take months. Lastly, the customer service from you guys is AMAZING. Before ordering my sabers, I sent Emory 5 or 6 emails with various questions about Ultrasabers. Almost every time I sent an email, he replied overnight. Also, when I got my sabers from you guys, I was missing the two covertec clips. I called you guys, and Emory picked up immediately. When I told him the problem, he apologized, and said that he would put them right in the mail. He also then took the time to write me an email where he apologized again for the inconvenience. I got the clips in the mail about 4 or 5 days later, and that whole experience actually made me think even higher of you guys than if I had got the covertec clips with the original order. I can tell you right now, that you guys have some super great service, and you sell phenomenal products. I will most definitely be shopping with you again  Grin

Aeon LE V3 Guardian Blue
Archon V2.1 Counselor Green
Malice Blazing Red

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2037

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #318 on: May 14, 2012, 02:06:44 AM »

I've seen tons of youtube hate videos about you guys and I'm getting tired of it. Its still going on. Just seen a recent hate video. Complaing about the FoC since its on CF and PC-U already. They all just need to get over it. I have 4 Ultra Sabers and have NO problems with them since they are only stunts but still.

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

Master Bluespike74
Guardian Prime
Vanguard of the Azure Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 977

As long as there is light, I will be here.

« Reply #319 on: May 14, 2012, 08:12:51 AM »

I've seen tons of youtube hate videos about you guys and I'm getting tired of it. Its still going on. Just seen a recent hate video. Complaing about the FoC since its on CF and PC-U already. They all just need to get over it. I have 4 Ultra Sabers and have NO problems with them since they are only stunts but still.

So that future viewers of this thread understand, Ultra addressed this earlier in the thread.  The Flash On Clash has not been trademarked as many would lead you to believe.  Even if it were, it would need to be handled in the courts and not on Forums and YouTube.  This thread was not involving Flash on Clash, that came later.  The origins involved two people who disagreed about Sound Fonts and took the matter to court as responsible individuals.  Unfortunately, individuals who were impatient with the court system of the USA decided to take the side of one party and head to the forums.  Most of that hate was not allowed here.  Since the hate messages were taken down, individuals decided to take to PM and harrass Ultrasaber people and trying to tell them how to spend their own hard earned money.  As I have previously stated, my money, my business on how I spend.  Flash on Clash became an issue later and when that did not seem to stick, some took to recruiting outsiders to harass people via YouTube.  I personally had a guy representing one of these haters post some really nasty anti-gay messages on a video of my infant daughter.  A truce was called for by all forum owners to have this kind of thing cease and let the courts handle it.  To my knowledge, neither of the original two people ever took action to encourage this type of behavior.  Ultra provided this thread as it was being said that he must be guilty because he is not responding to accusations.  This is the only place where discussion of this matter was ever allowed.  Regardless of anything though, it is my (and mine alone) opinion that haters are going to hate no matter what the verdict.  Those that support and are loyal customers of Ultrasabers will continue to spend our money as we see fit.  From my own investigations, I discovered a thread on another forum where things were made more clear to me.  With anything in life, misunderstandings occur but that is for the people involved to handle.  Those of us on the outside need to let the two originals handle their business.  That was the advice given on that forum and that is the advice that I pass on to future readers here.  It is sad that the haters continue to hate as it often back fires and makes people less likely to do business with those they are claiming to support.  I have previously stated and continue to hold firm to the notion that after the attack on my daughter's video was traced back, I will not have any business dealings with the sabersmiths associated with the individual that took such a dispicable act.  I do ask that all respect the wishes of everyone and not get into a flame battle with others when it does nothing but cause good businesses (on all sides) to get hurt.  Have a nice day and happy sabering!

Guided by the Aing Tii Monks

Shodan in Shaolin Kempo Karate/Kung Fu/Jiu Jitsu

Yes, I am a color:  BLUE

Solinus
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -209

Black Star Sabers

« Reply #320 on: May 15, 2012, 10:12:55 PM »

So with regards to everyone else here, I'm fairly new to the community. I came to Ultra Sabers on the word of a friend who had purchased a saber from US while at Wonder Con or Dragon Con. (I cant remember which). I hadn't actually even seen the saber, but from what he said, he looked really happy with it. I trusted him, and that is how I ended up here. I ordered two items myself: An Overlord and a grab bag. I received my orders within 2 days and they arrived on Star Wars Day. The packaging was sturdy. You can tell that they take care to make sure that your merchandise is shipped carefully and will not get damaged. The hilts were beautiful and sturdy. The LEDs are bright. The blades are durable. And the price? Well lets just say I spent a little more than I had planned, but a lot less than other sites.

And above all, I gave the grab bag hilt to my son. And thru Ultra Sabers, I have grown closer to him, and we have a hobby we can now share together.

I am a US customer for life.

Control your fear. Give in to your hate. Let it guide you along the path and soon you shall find yourself... home.

**Dark Side points appreciated.**

JapzLapeno
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: 52

Enemies strengthen you. Allies weaken.

« Reply #321 on: May 23, 2012, 12:11:53 AM »

So i'm new here.  New to the saber community.  Like newborn new.  Only discovered there were people doing this anywhere near an affordable price range a few days ago.  This is the first place i found that looked like somewhere i'd like to buy from.  Searching around the net, i started finding some of the anti-US stuff.  Started looking into it because i don't take flaming at face value, but i also HATE getting screwed on stuff i pay tripple digits for.  Most of the feedback i found on other sites (in general feedback threads, i avoided the 'US is evil' threads) was possitive.  The, shall we say, sound font rumor concerned me though, but after reading both sides (and the middle), well...

Let's just say i placed my first order for a US saber a few minutes before starting this post.  Grin  The conclusion i've come to about all this is (as some people i know would put it) "Haters gonna hate."

Looking forward to seeing what i get when it arrives.  Or rather, what my wife is getting.   Tongue  Looking forward to when i can afford to order one for myself, because i already know what i'm gonna get  Grin

"I am Grey. I stand between the candle and the star. We are Grey. We stand between the darkness and the light."

batty53
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 2

May the force be with you..... Always.....

« Reply #322 on: May 23, 2012, 06:28:23 PM »

Hello to all!!

I have been a lurker for a long time as I was trying to save up to buy my first Saber from US Smiley  I recently received my RGB Dark War Glave and am 1000000% happy with it!!  I was even at a sword practice and pulled it out for a go.  I was dueling against someone with a Shani and it was AWESOME!!  I can't wait till I can save enough to get another (probably a grab bag) just for dueling  Grin With all the Hype going around about US and others Bashing US I figured by the Forum would be the best place to figure it out.  All I can say is that I LOVE my US and am still trying to convince my Family and Fiance to work it into the wedding somehow  Roll Eyes

Again Thank you Ultra Sabers!!  You have a Loyal customer always!!!!

May the Force be with you
batty53

Spidey088
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: 40

Jedi Master

« Reply #323 on: June 02, 2012, 09:43:42 AM »

I agree with you about the entire post. Also i have recieved nothimg but amazing customer service, and will never look anywhere but ultra sabers for my products.

There is no emotion, there is peace
There is no ignorance, there is knowledge
There is no passion, there is serenity
There is no death, there is the force
I'd appreciate lightside points.

Amanita
Knight Captain

Force Alignment: 39

« Reply #324 on: June 03, 2012, 06:47:18 PM »

In regards to stealing from TCSS by making things that are MHS compatible, how many people here who've bought Ultra's MHS compatible sabers have gone over to TCSS and bought MORE parts to play with, that they would not have otherwise? I bet we've actually brought TCSS a few more sales that way!

Veldryne
The Second Chosen One
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 268

" Kind hearted jerk"

« Reply #325 on: June 03, 2012, 06:57:55 PM »

Im sure a fair amount of people have gone to TCSS for some parts, but how long has TCSS been around?

Probably longer than Ultra has been dealing in MHS parts. It really wouldnt be stealing sales from them if ultra added to the parts he already offers.
http://www.ultrasabers.com/category-s/84.htm

I look at it this way, i know i draw paralells from airsoft a lot but here it makes a lot of sense. Tokyo Marui is/was THE big airsoft manufacturer, they were one of hte first to have a solid reliable design that lasted a looooooooooong time without needing a tuneup. Over the years nearly every other airsoft manufacturer started using a lot of marui's designs, but adding their own innovations as well.

With every AEG (automatic electric gun) every player i know, wouldnt even consider buying from another company other than marui unless it specifically says on the part listing on the sales site "Tokyo Marui Compatible"

MHS I look at the same way. Making MHS compatible parts, ultra just ensures that his customers have more options, keeping them happy, and ensuring they have a good experience and will buy from him again.

Really ive bought my 4th saber now, and ive only been buying since the end of march. Im addicted, how many of us out there are even more so addicted than me? I was having a conversation with nero the other day and he and master vidnyl both have more than 10 sabers, kham can outfit a bloody commando unit, and i seem to recall some pics on the forums last month of one of our members with more than 20 sabers.

More options to mix and match all our toys, wouldnt be a bad thing. Especially if instead of ordering them from TCSS and waiting however long for it to get in. We could get them from Ultra, with the crafting quality we are used to.

"Corellians... no wonder the other Jedi didn't want you leaving your system."
"The rest of you were just afraid we wouldn't leave anything for you to do after we were done."
Luke & Corran (I,J)

Kaiden Shardsbane
RP Training Mod
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -245

Inactive Member

« Reply #326 on: June 03, 2012, 08:51:34 PM »

I look at it this way:  Ultra, by using the same threads as TCSS and making his hilts MHS compatible, wasn't stealing traffic from TCSS.  He wasn't popping up and saying "I have the same stuff TCSS has.", if he had, we would've seen a LOT of DIY saber parts go up on the site.  Instead, he put a few unique ones up, and said "Here's my contribution to the vast MHS family.  Now you can have, say, a clawed emitter or an Obi-Wan TPM pommel without machining it yourself."

In addition, I've heard several times on here that Ultra's MHS parts have a slightly]/i] different thread count than the TCSS ones, and so they don't quite fit.  Unless, of course, you do a little modification to it.  So technically speaking, the thread systems aren't the same.  Although they are similar.

Viourr
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: -36

Sith Lord

« Reply #327 on: June 04, 2012, 11:06:42 PM »

I am new to the saber community and have literally fallen in love with the sercices and products.  My first order was for two sabers and I can't wait to break them in.  I feel bad that the forum can be misused since I have come to enjoy reading and even responding to all the awesome topics, and even using much of what I find as a resource for a project a friend and I are working on, so I honestly have hard time understanding any complaints that might occur that would simply be able to be handle through the proper channels.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion
Through passion, I gain strength
Through strength, I gain power
Through power, I gain victory
Through victory, my chains are broken
Bath me in dark side points!!

Master Bluespike74
Guardian Prime
Vanguard of the Azure Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 977

As long as there is light, I will be here.

« Reply #328 on: June 05, 2012, 01:12:29 AM »

I am new to the saber community and have literally fallen in love with the sercices and products.  My first order was for two sabers and I can't wait to break them in.  I feel bad that the forum can be misused since I have come to enjoy reading and even responding to all the awesome topics, and even using much of what I find as a resource for a project a friend and I are working on, so I honestly have hard time understanding any complaints that might occur that would simply be able to be handle through the proper channels.

You got it right and a dark side point for you.  Go through the proper channels. If only everyone would do this in life, we would not have 1/3 of the trouble we often see.

Guided by the Aing Tii Monks

Shodan in Shaolin Kempo Karate/Kung Fu/Jiu Jitsu

Yes, I am a color:  BLUE

Mag
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: -13

« Reply #329 on: June 07, 2012, 06:22:26 PM »

Like others on here, my first saber was going to be from a certain other fabicator, but having read lots of stuff online about orders going missing, people struggling to get refeunds and general cruddy customer service I decided to come to Ultrasabers instead.

Expecting my babies within a few days, so I can't comment on the product yet, but the service has been faultless so far.  Trust me I know about girning (complaining), I'm a Scotsman, but it's Ultrasabers all the way for me and the UPS van will soon be able to find it's own way to my house.

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 46   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: