Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 46   Go Down
Author Topic: A note concerning some of the rumors flying around...  (Read 257942 times)
Amen
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 18

« Reply #225 on: February 11, 2012, 08:13:01 AM »

That was an honorable thing to do Ultra!  As a newer customer I appreciate you filling us in on the matter.  I really like how you offered to make things right.  Sometimes, however, due to people's pride, they may not let you do something nice for them. . .they may prefer to remain bitter.  But you have initiated a good path.  Thank You!
Amen

Ultra
Lord Commander
Administrator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1765

IN HOC SIGNO VINCES

« Reply #226 on: February 11, 2012, 08:16:23 AM »

That's exactly the point I was trying to make, Ami, thanks for sharing that.  Nova is not the one conducting the smear campaign online, he's just being used as the poster boy by people with their own agenda. It's not helping anyone and only making it harder on both of us to reconcile our dispute. If those people really cared at all about the parties involved, they would stop this.  Undecided

For the record, none of my supporters should ever start a smear campaign against another smith in my name.  If I were to hear of that I would be very... displeased  Angry

Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1641

Suns of the Force

« Reply #227 on: February 11, 2012, 09:14:47 AM »

For the record, none of my supporters should ever start a smear campaign against another smith in my name.  If I were to hear of that I would be very... displeased  Angry

Indeed, that is not anyone's place.  "A Jedi uses the Force for knowledge and defense, never for attack."

Of course that doesn't give permission to our resident Sith to lash out... but I think you all get the idea Wink

Kham-Ryn Kurios
Sentinel Prime; Knight of the HoloNet Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1723

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #228 on: February 11, 2012, 09:31:57 AM »

I will be the first to admit that when I first started posting my testimony and defending US; not Ultra.

Because from the very start that this was all your business and not our place to get involved.

I did not form a very intelligent argument, I was the rude one at the time.

It was all fine and dandy until the members of the community were talked down to for stating their testimony.

It seemed that for every good thing that we said we were just branded as "Followers/cultists/etc."

I think like Master Nero said we are all smart enough here not to start "Smearing" against someone else.

IDK how relevant any of what I'm saying is but I acted like a turd and apologized to both Nova and Caine; Nova should not have even been stated because it was not him that was talking. In turn I received an apology from Caine and yet...........I was still continued to be talked down to because I like my US products.

We all love you Ultra but all the Anti-Ultra people assume that we kiss at your feet and follow every word you say.

Yes you're awesome but You've never lorded over any of us to "Believe in the cause".

I hate being bullied, I HATE watching people be bullied. If you're going to stand up for something stand up for someone else.

/LIGHT SIDE POINTS PLEASE\
‎Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Scott40
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 2

« Reply #229 on: February 11, 2012, 10:25:51 AM »

Ultra has stated that he want's this feud to end. I have posted a topic on FX-sabers to encourage the members there to support Ultra in ending this dispute.

http://www.saberforum.com/forum/index.php?topic=34712.new#new
« Last Edit: February 11, 2012, 10:27:23 AM by Ultra » Logged

"Only a Sith deals in absolutes" is a statement that deals in absolutes."

Ultra
Lord Commander
Administrator
Knight Commander

IN HOC SIGNO VINCES

« Reply #230 on: February 11, 2012, 10:28:32 AM »

LOL, sorry, the forum doesn't allow linking to other forums.  You can just quote the text here if you'd like.

Scott40
Force Sensitive

« Reply #231 on: February 11, 2012, 10:38:10 AM »

Oops, sorry about that, Ultra! Cheesy Well, here it is:
Or, at least I hope it will be soon. In the latest news of the dispute between Ultra, Novastar, Caine as well as the people  who support them, Ultra has made this comment on the facebook group, Ultra sabers:Lies and Deceit,

"Ultimately, I would not be here having to defend myself if this page never existed. If I stopped posting here, this page would still exist because it existed before I saw it. I have a feeling I will be blocked from here eventually because my replies make sense and have a tendency to diffuse flames, which kinda ruins the fun on a page devoted to flaming.

But seriously, I'd love to stop this feuding and I am offering an olive branch to the entire community. I'm willing to end this if they are."

When I asked if he was sincere of his gesture, Ultra responded, "I'm sincere about it. My olive branch is out. We can end all this online feuding right now and I will pledge to make every effort to settle disputes directly so that future disagreements can be handled without splitting the community."

I earlier made a pledge to everyone in the saber community via this facebook group on where I stand in this feud. "I hereby pledge to not defame any of the direct parties involved in this dispute, or further the course of this dispute any longer. I promise to remain neutral and treat my friends, mentors and other saberists with the decency and respect that any human being deserves. I will not fight, or defend anyone's actions or opinions related to this dispute."

What I ask for everyone to do is to make a similar pledge in response to this topic as a gesture to show that we want this to end. Hopefully, we can all reunite and focus on providing the community with a brighter future.

I know the policy on speaking about this, but I feel this topic must exist for the better of everyone's benefit. My goal is to broker a peace in this matter, not encourage it's further decent.

Ultra
Lord Commander
Administrator
Knight Commander

IN HOC SIGNO VINCES

« Reply #232 on: February 11, 2012, 10:43:45 AM »

At this point in my life, I think I can say with 100% certainty that nothing would make me happier than an end to all this online feuding between members of the community.  I would love to just delete this whole topic knowing that the war is over.

This is supposed to be all about the sabers. I really don't think anyone cares who invented what first and who called who what. We all just want good sabers at a good price with good service and an awesome community. 

But most importantly - I want people to be able to use ANY saber from ANY builder without having to feel like they chose a side in a war!!!!

I'm all for that.  Let's hope we get there.

Scott40
Force Sensitive

« Reply #233 on: February 11, 2012, 10:51:09 AM »

Ultra, I will personally make sure that everyone involved will be listened to by both sides. I believe through this, we can achieve a higher plateau of peace among the saber community. Thank you for taking the mature step and being the first to accept that this debacle should have never come to where it ended up. I will make sure your gesture will not be in vain. I will pursue mutual peace as a neutral mediator in this dispute.

Scott40
Force Sensitive

« Reply #234 on: February 11, 2012, 01:08:31 PM »

They removed it because it apparently violates their Conflict of Interest clause (It didn't).  Cry

Sorry for the double post, but I felt I need to update.

Master Bluespike74
Guardian Prime
Vanguard of the Azure Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 977

As long as there is light, I will be here.

« Reply #235 on: February 11, 2012, 03:38:15 PM »

I for one want people to go back to the very first post on this thread.  Whether you are new, old, or from another forum.  This began because members of this forum were getting IM's from members of other forums asking them to watch YouTube videos that basically bashed Ultra.  I have not found one shred of evidence that a member of SaberForum went to FX or another forum telling their members to leave due to shoddy workmanship. 

Only when questioned about why these types of videos were made did anything concerning Nova ever get brought up.  Nova became their rallying cry after the smear campaign had already began.  Not one peep did we hear from Ultra or Deep about this.  Ultra only responded after he received more questions from his customers than his comfort level would allow.  Once again, check this forum to see how this all began.  Feel free to cruise YouTube for the smear videos.

When we, the customers of Ultra who were also doing business elsewhere because we loved the hobby and prior to any talks of loyalty, became targets in IM's and on other forums did this particular thread become more passionate.  It was at this time that we the customers became more loyal to Ultrasabers products. 

Once it was determined that we, the customers of Ultrasabers products, were not going to join the smear campaign, did we become the targets in other posts and YouTube videos.  Some of us received personal insults at the hands of those claiming Ultra is a bad guy.

I am glad to see that some have approached Ultra with an olive branch.  I am glad that some members of this forum have received an apology.  I for one, have not.  I do admit that after my last post, I have not received one IM, not one YouTube video, or other contact.  For that, I am grateful.  Unfortunately, that is not enough for me.  If this was only about Ultra and Nova, then why did some of the members of SaberForums become targets?  Why are only some of the members of SaberForums receiving apologies and not others?

During my discourse on this forum, I have not said one negative thing about any party.  I have only asked for proof when people sent me unsolicited messages and videos.  I have not chosen a side in the dispute because as many sage members of this forum have pointed out, this dispute over Ultra and Nova is not our business.  The reason I have chosen to stay loyal to the UltraSabers brand is because I received what I paid for. 

I chose to put forward that the personal attacks on myself are the reason that I have decided, without input from anyone else on this forum but with the input from a member of the FX-Sabers Forum, to never do business with FX-Sabers.

I do truly hope that things work between all parties involved in the business dispute.  I hope that members of other forums and this forum come to a peace agreement.  I will not thread jack if everything is worked out but for me, personally, I still await my apology from a representative of FX-Sabers.

Have a nice day and I truly hope things do work out between Ultra and Nova and that the smear campaign ends.

Guided by the Aing Tii Monks

Shodan in Shaolin Kempo Karate/Kung Fu/Jiu Jitsu

Yes, I am a color:  BLUE

Araquay
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 9

« Reply #236 on: February 11, 2012, 08:38:48 PM »

Ultra, you didn't have to post anything about the rumors, but I'm glad you did. There are two sides to every argument and I think you did well clearing up the issues.  I enjoy the sabers I've bought and plan to get another as soon I get my tax refund. Your sabers keep getting better and I'll keep coming back to buy more.

Guardian, Arctic Blue w/ Silver FoC, Obsidian (2012)
Dominix V2 LE, Fire Orange (2011)
Dark Prophecy V2 LE, Sunrider's Destiny (2011)
2002 MR Force FX Anakin Skywalker AOTC (2011)
2007 MR Force FX Darth Vader ANH (2007)

Scott40
Force Sensitive

« Reply #237 on: February 11, 2012, 10:43:40 PM »

@ bluepsike74: I don't care how this all got started. We're trying to get past that. I'm only interested in seeing that this conflict finally comes to an end. This dispute is causing much more harm to all patrons in the community. My only regret is that I didn't put a stop to this earlier. But I'm acting on it now.

I understand that that some of you have been hurt by the other side. But if we are truly going to acquire a form of some peaceful resolve, you'll have to let that go. We should not be divided over a matter that never needed public attention. We are all in this for one thing, to spread the existence of this wonderful hobby and the world it has created. We all should be shaking hands and working together so we can allow for this community to evolve. I'm fighting for this because I recognize that each and every one of you are vital to this. By picking up a saber and learning how to use it, you've pledged yourselves to be a part of this wonderful world.

Despite the personal attacks against you from some people, you should not treat your fellow man as a pariah. Fight fire with kindness. Please don't turn your back on the saber community as a whole because of a few bad eggs.

Manroon
Protector of Abused Dungeon Rancors
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 832

Nova Six, two lit and in the green.

« Reply #238 on: February 11, 2012, 11:06:37 PM »

At this point in my life, I think I can say with 100% certainty that nothing would make me happier than an end to all this online feuding between members of the community.  I would love to just delete this whole topic knowing that the war is over.

This is supposed to be all about the sabers. I really don't think anyone cares who invented what first and who called who what. We all just want good sabers at a good price with good service and an awesome community. 

But most importantly - I want people to be able to use ANY saber from ANY builder without having to feel like they chose a side in a war!!!!

I'm all for that.  Let's hope we get there.

All of this: YES!

I'm totally with Ultra here, that's how I've felt. When I got into this hobby for real (meaning something other than a stock MR FX lol), I researched and decided to try US first. I LOVED the product, quality, and service, and I came back for more several times. Since then, I have tried to branch out, and have to a degree. But when I go other places, I find I run into problems because I have US products and favor them. I see no need for customers of Smith B to have animosity towards customers of Smith K, or for those of Smith G to shun those of Smith A.

When I go to the store, I don't get attacked because I buy 1 box of cereal that's Kellogg's, and one that's Post. Why should I get attacked because I buy sabers from Ultra, parts from TCSS, and soundfonts from Novastar? It's all sabers, and that's how it should be. Wink No wars. Not to sound like a hippie, but love and peace people, love and peace. Builds the community.

And it's true, aside from a couple posts I read by Nova at the VERY start of this ordeal between him and Ultra, I've seen and heard NOTHING against Ultra from him. In fact, I believe I even read something in the initial thread at FX-sabers to the effect that he saw the sense in keeping a private matter private. That would have been within a day or two of the whole thing starting, but I don't remember for sure, and I've lost the link to the thread anyways. lol Point is, I've never seen or heard Nova out smearing anyone, and when he was here, he was a stand up guy. A good point for us to note, Ultra. Kudos and thanks for pointing it out to us!

All in all, ending the smear fests and resolving the conflicts would be the best thing for the community, and I'd love to see it happen. Smiley

I am not a color...

A Knight can serve only one Master.

Scott40
Force Sensitive

« Reply #239 on: February 11, 2012, 11:36:50 PM »

I'm currently discussing this peace with the mods of FX-Sabers of behalf of Ultra Sabers. This is a very delicate process and only time will tell where it leads. For those of you who support Ultra's movement of peace, I thank you. And to those still fighting, I ask you to honor a truce while negotiations are made. No more smear campaigning. No flaming. Either on here, or anywhere else. Have patience.

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 46   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: