Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 46   Go Down
Author Topic: A note concerning some of the rumors flying around...  (Read 257605 times)
Luna
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 550

This land is peaceful, its inhabitants kind...

« Reply #195 on: February 10, 2012, 04:17:47 AM »

There seems to be a lot of bitterness behind the words of the fellow Caine. I'm not going to bash him, rather I will share my opinion on what he said. I find his sentiments illogical, perhaps not very well thought out. The delivery was condescending and probably the spawn of raw emotion rather than reasoning. I don't know him personally, and I wasn't on here when he was active, so I would be wrong to criticize him beyond what was said in that video. The posts of his that I've read seem intelligent and informative, but that video was definitely not. If we were US lemmings, that would imply that we are not sapient human beings who can judge for ourselves and that is obvious fallacy.

If US continue to make the best sabers at the lowest prices and run their business well and honestly, there will not be a reason to criticize, and that is what they have done, so you won't be seeing any criticism from me. Logic does not make me a cultist. *end circumlocatory restatement of the obvious*

no

Manroon
Protector of Abused Dungeon Rancors
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 832

Nova Six, two lit and in the green.

« Reply #196 on: February 10, 2012, 04:46:34 AM »

Yeah, there are a lot of old threads they posted in that were quite good and loaded with awesome info. Particularly Novastar, I think he had a lot of very sweet shop talk about fighting as I remember.

On the MHS thing.... I've heard a little about this rumor, but not much. I'll admit to being a little curious, but as has been said, the business of the business is the owner's business.  Grin Or in otherwords, those sorts of problems are between Ultra and whoever has the problem with him. I'm good with whatever level of info he decides/feels is right for him to share. I should also think that TCSS wouldn't have a problem with him making and selling MHS compatible parts, as long as he's not selling or machining his own copies of their exact parts. I mean, he doesn't specialize in selling just parts (though he is kind enough to make his original parts available to us as separate sale items), he specializes in selling the whole saber. That's a different niche than TCSS, and most importantly I have to point out that Ultra's MHS parts PROMOTE the stuff at TCSS! I mean, look at this: I bought an Ultrasabers Archon V2. I LOVED it, and wanted to make it my own unique saber, so I ran over to TCSS and bought a new choke, a box, and an adapter. BAM! New saber! Both companies got my money, both should be happy, and neither lost a sale to the other! And I know I'm not the only one to have put some TCSS parts on my US hilt. Wink lol

On Caine's video and the bashing crap that's been going on, as I said before. This is low and pathetic. If you have a problem with a man and his company, fine. Talk to him. When that is exhausted and if it has yielded no results, tell your friends. Sure, make a video even. Explain why in a logical, reasonable, MATURE manner why you believe it's a bad place to shop. Provide what evidence you can, and if you can't get any, SAY SO, and let us know it's all just your opinion, that you can't give evidence, it's just your experience, belief, opinion, or whatever. But don't throw the poo at a guy because you don't like him. Don't do it publicly, and don't do it without a shred of evidence to back your statements up, leading people on like it's written in stone on top of the mountain of justice or something. And ESPECIALLY don't go insulting the man's customers.

To Caine, I would say this. Insult Ultra and his company in the fashion you have and you are low and immature, I would say a small man as well. Insult his customers, and I say you are lower still. Insult ME... and I can take that, though I will be angered, because I try to hold myself to something and be 'the better man' as best I can. I'm fine taking hits. However, call out the forum.... insult a group including people you've never met or talked to, insult my FRIENDS, some of whom I've known for a long time, some whom I even know IN REAL LIFE..... insult people I care for and about (not to mention to wage war like this on Ultra, whom I've come to respect) and YOU, sir, are the one who has crossed a line. Caine's behavior is unacceptable to me. He has not only insulted a company I respect, not only a man I respect, workers I respect, online friends, but my close long time real life friends who frequent the ultrasabers site the same as I do. People he doesn't know. And to use the term cultists is BEYOND insulting. I'm a christian man, and not the only one on this site I know, and all anger aside, I'm no cultist. Don't use a word you don't know the definition of, and don't say what you don't mean, Caine. There's much more I could say, but doing so would be uncalled for, and would only be angry ranting on my part. I will simply say anyone behaving like Caine is, well, he's no man.

Also, Caine should make a point to preach a cleaner act to his own followers. If there are people on his side of this little ordeal going around posting insulting comments on US customer's youtube videos, then as the figure he is in this hobby and making known his position on this issue as he does, he shares a measure of responsibility in that. If he didn't call for such behavior, then he is still responsible to call against it. Ultra has repeatedly asked us, his customers, not to get ourselves involved in this. Said that if we wish to support him, use good words about him and keep buying, specifically even NOT to downtalk those standing against him, and heck, I haven't heard him discourage anyone from buying Nova's CD's either. Meanwhile Caine bashes away like this, provides no evidence or meat of information to back himself up from what I've seen, and takes no action apparently to keep those who share his opinions from outright attacking US consumers. Sorry, but that's just bogus. The guy needs to get his act together, and so do those others attacking Ultra. There's proper ways to speak out against a person or company, and these are not those ways.

All that stated, I encourage everyone to do as Ultra has asked in the past. If you want to get active on this issue, use positive words. Not negative ones. And if you get the chance, I'd say encourage the opposing side to take up the same tactic. It sure seems to be working for Ultra. Smiley

People respect people who count ten before they speak. Wink

I am not a color...

A Knight can serve only one Master.

Vrakul
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 35

« Reply #197 on: February 10, 2012, 04:53:41 AM »

I don't know any of you personally, but I too appreciate this forum and the wealth of knowledge shared by everyone here. It's always a shame when conflicts of personality affect business relationships.  For myself, I make my own determination and judgement on who gets my business based on my own experience dealing with each individual business. Ultra Sabers has provided me with two affordable, reliable, totally f@%$*&g radical light sabers that will beat the hell out of my four MR sabers if I let them. My e-mails have been responded to swiftly, my orders were shipped the day after I placed them both times, and the product was delivered quickly, safely, and exactly as described. Until something in this relationship changes, US has earned my trust and will continue to earn my saber dollars. My only real problem with US is deciding which one I want to order next.

Customized Dark War Glaive, Fire Orange/Red
Initiate v2 LE, Sentinel Yellow
Dark Standard Issue, Blazing Red (my Sith Apprentice's saber)
Dark Liberator, Violet Amethyst (my Padawan Apprentice's saber)

"Ha ha ha ha, so I threw the senate at him. The whole senate! True story."

Ultra
Lord Commander
Administrator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1765

IN HOC SIGNO VINCES

« Reply #198 on: February 10, 2012, 08:19:02 AM »

Ok, thanks for the McDojo explanation. I dont think we need to discuss belts and ranks any further.

BTW, I'm getting my Concealed Carry Permit next month.  Grin

Vex
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -402

« Reply #199 on: February 10, 2012, 03:39:54 PM »

Main points.
- Ultra Sabers makes many Quality combat lightsabers
- Ultra Sabers offer their products at affordable prices
- Ultra Sabers has THE BEST customer service
- judge Ultra Sabers by their products and services and not rumors.

dark side points please

Kaiden Shardsbane
RP Training Mod
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -245

Inactive Member

« Reply #200 on: February 10, 2012, 04:34:32 PM »

@Vex:  You forgot one.

- Ultra has a forum where we can discuss these topics without getting shouted down by the haters.

Deep
Administrator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 701

« Reply #201 on: February 10, 2012, 05:43:28 PM »

- judge Ultra Sabers by their products and services and not rumors.

I would like to chime in once and once only to agree with this.  That is all.

Emory "Deep" Harris
www.ultrasabers.com

Kham-Ryn Kurios
Sentinel Prime; Knight of the HoloNet Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1723

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #202 on: February 10, 2012, 06:08:20 PM »

With all the recent happenings I thought this might be found lighthearted and give a good giggle.

Let's "Coexist" my brethren.

/LIGHT SIDE POINTS PLEASE\
‎Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Volust
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 15

« Reply #203 on: February 10, 2012, 06:11:15 PM »

I would like to chime in once and once only to agree with this.  That is all.

Agreed. The product, price, and shipping (and quick responses to questions) are time and time again above my expectations for what I pay, so you guys at Ultrasabers will keep getting business from me.  Not much else to it really!

BR Dark Shock
CG/DVA Consular

Manroon
Knight Commander

« Reply #204 on: February 10, 2012, 08:14:57 PM »

Those two above posts really do sum it up well.

I am not a color...

Darth Sky
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -5

Skyrim took my joke...

« Reply #205 on: February 10, 2012, 08:39:18 PM »

With all the recent happenings I thought this might be found lighthearted and give a good giggle.

The Sonic Screwdriver would make a cool lightsaber hilt :}

I miss Darth Maul... (Sad Face)

Arcadius
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: -12

Without emotions, we are powerless.

« Reply #206 on: February 10, 2012, 08:43:12 PM »

Is that your own work Kham? If so, fantastic job (and my fiance' would love to have that as a bumper sticker)... if not, where did you find it?

The Jedi speak of freedom, yet know nothing of true freedom. They speak of knowing the force, but know nothing of the true power of the force.

Dark side points please!

Sabers:
PO Phantom LE V3 Staff
GB Blue Liberator (fiancee's)
AS Omen w/filters (dead)

Ravenseye8
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: 14

« Reply #207 on: February 10, 2012, 09:12:36 PM »

The Sonic Screwdriver would make a cool lightsaber hilt :}

I think the new one looks even more like a lightsaber hilt.  It even has tiny spring action war glaive-like claws at the end.

Aeon v2 RGB
Archon v2 AB w/AS FoC*
Bane RGB*
Bellicose RGB*
Consular CG w/FO FoC*
Graflex SE GB w/AS FoC*
Guardian GB*
Overlord BR w/AS FoC*
Malice BR w/FO FoC*
Raven BR
Shock LE AB w/ AS FoC*
SI v2 GB
SI v2 blue anodized w/BR (grab bag)
SI v3 AS*
War Glaive Emitter (Dark)
*Obsidian

Manroon
Knight Commander

« Reply #208 on: February 10, 2012, 09:25:24 PM »

*ahem* On topic folks, on topic.... thank you. Wink

(though I do agree, from what I've seen, there is a certain resemblance there lol)

I am not a color...

Luna
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 550

This land is peaceful, its inhabitants kind...

« Reply #209 on: February 10, 2012, 10:47:39 PM »

Takei posted that on the Book of Faces, didn't he?

Oh yes, back to the topic.

no

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 46   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: