Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 46   Go Down
Author Topic: A note concerning some of the rumors flying around...  (Read 257050 times)
Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2034

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #180 on: February 09, 2012, 11:05:39 PM »

You got my support Ultra. I don't care what you know who says about me or anyone else. If you want an Ultra Saber just go for one don't go by what all the haters are saying.

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

Osmethae
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: 84

« Reply #181 on: February 09, 2012, 11:09:11 PM »

I just want everyone to know that whenever I stick up for Ultra he immediately ships me a fully loaded saber.

This is not true whatsoever.

Light side points please :]
CG Archon v2 customized to Luke's RotJ with Obsidian sound
BR Bellicose with Obsidian sound
GB Phantom Initiate v3 staff with Obsidian sound
DVA Raven with Obsidian sound

DarthCooper88
11th Disciple of Masamune
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: -248

Old-world crafstman, Sabersmith

« Reply #182 on: February 10, 2012, 01:12:55 AM »

Actually in a messed up way the bashing videos are good. I said it earlier in this thread & it holds true to any & pretty much every business where things are sold- If you spend all of your time bashing a companies products, the people that use them all in the name of keeping potential customers away from said competitor, it always comes back to bite you in the arse. Any time a salesman tells me that joes widget down the street is junk, as a consumer I might not have thought about visiting joe down the street until this "wise" sales guy tipped me off to a competitor so "bad" that he has to waste time & breath negatively bashing them (I've earned alot of business over the years from similar drama.... it means your doing something right)

"You have been forged in fire, tempered in blood & come out steel" Brave Rifles! 3rd Armored Cavalr

Kham-Ryn Kurios
Sentinel Prime; Knight of the HoloNet Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1723

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #183 on: February 10, 2012, 01:20:15 AM »

Actually in a messed up way the bashing videos are good. I said it earlier in this thread & it holds true to any & pretty much every business where things are sold- If you spend all of your time bashing a companies products, the people that use them all in the name of keeping potential customers away from said competitor, it always comes back to bite you in the arse. Any time a salesman tells me that joes widget down the street is junk, as a consumer I might not have thought about visiting joe down the street until this "wise" sales guy tipped me off to a competitor so "bad" that he has to waste time & breath negatively bashing them (I've earned alot of business over the years from similar drama.... it means your doing something right)

"Any press is good press."

In summation right?

Of course I want to know if Joe's stuff is as bad as Wise mans stuff, just because you took the time to tell me it was bad; without me asking. Grin

Jealously I see in them.

/LIGHT SIDE POINTS PLEASE\
‎Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

ed_ification
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -385

Darth Cronfios

« Reply #184 on: February 10, 2012, 01:30:59 AM »

Wow - a lot of contradiction in that video.

"Well, that means I got under your skin, Alex, and that's just what I want."/"I'm not going to let you get to me." - well, which is it?  Are you attempting to antagonize someone to provoke a response?  Because then they've gotten to you, sorry to point out.  Or are you trying to be informative?  Because this video certainly isn't.  It dances around facts and spouts vagaries - nothing concrete is presented in the video.

"I have so much going on that I'm not going to get on YouTube every 5 minutes like you and your cultists on Saberforum" - vs. posting this video at all.  If you have so much going on, why make the video?  Videos take time to upload and make.

Now - if someone altered his profile to say "disgrace" etc. - definitely not the best response.  Best response, really, would have been to lock his account and just remove moderator status after explaining why.

But, really - if I might ask - if Caine holds Ultrasabers in such low esteem as compared to the rest of the LED sabersmiths - why be a moderator on the site at all?  I mean, one's opinion can change with time, but this.... really seems very childish.

Sabers:
MR Vader - ANH
MR Vader - ESB
Dark War Glaive - Blazing Red - "Belligerence"
Standard Issue Grab Bag - Guardian Blue - "Bastion"
2 Shock LEs - Violet - "Perseverance" and "Integrity"
Archon - "Insight"
Dark Initiate - "Harbinger"

Ultra
Lord Commander
Administrator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1765

IN HOC SIGNO VINCES

« Reply #185 on: February 10, 2012, 01:44:54 AM »

The thing that bugs me the most about his video is how he says that all I have is Emory and my dog.

First off, Emory is a great friend and my dog rules, so he should not speak so condescendingly of them.

Most importantly, I have a wife of 15 years and 2 sons - they are my life.  I asked my wife to marry me when we were 19, and despite all the odds, we made it.  

My children were the inspiration for creating this business.  Their toy sabers did not withstand the abuse they could dish out.  After spending a fortune on replacement Hasbro sabers, I decided I could build something better.  I showed people what I made and they wanted them too.  Eventually it became a business.

Up until 2009, Ultra Sabers was ran by two people, me and my wife.  I built the sabers and oversaw our techs, she shipped the sabers, answered phones and emails, and did pretty much everything else.  Her name is Jennifer, she goes by Jen.  I know some of you remember talking/writing to her back in the day.

We went to college full time while trying to run this business and raise our two boys.  We graduated college together and even walked the stage together.  She graduated with honors (she's smarter than me), and she became a Registered Nurse.  I miss working with her sometimes, but she likes being a Nurse better  Cheesy

Bottom line is, of all the things Caine could have said to me, to dismiss my wife and children and say all I have is my dog is the most detestable thing I have ever heard.  The attack was 100% personal and is not the type of thing a Master of a school should be doing.

Caine is a owner/master of a martial arts school.  That's supposed to mean something.  Of all the masters I have met over the years, I don't think any would have said that a good way to settle a dispute is to talk trash on an internet video like a Pro Wrestler.

Master Bluespike74
Guardian Prime
Vanguard of the Azure Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 977

As long as there is light, I will be here.

« Reply #186 on: February 10, 2012, 02:05:11 AM »

Wow - a lot of contradiction in that video.

"Well, that means I got under your skin, Alex, and that's just what I want."/"I'm not going to let you get to me." - well, which is it?  Are you attempting to antagonize someone to provoke a response?  Because then they've gotten to you, sorry to point out.  Or are you trying to be informative?  Because this video certainly isn't.  It dances around facts and spouts vagaries - nothing concrete is presented in the video.

"I have so much going on that I'm not going to get on YouTube every 5 minutes like you and your cultists on Saberforum" - vs. posting this video at all.  If you have so much going on, why make the video?  Videos take time to upload and make.

Now - if someone altered his profile to say "disgrace" etc. - definitely not the best response.  Best response, really, would have been to lock his account and just remove moderator status after explaining why.

But, really - if I might ask - if Caine holds Ultrasabers in such low esteem as compared to the rest of the LED sabersmiths - why be a moderator on the site at all?  I mean, one's opinion can change with time, but this.... really seems very childish.

I think that you have made my previous points.  Thanks for the support.

To clarify something:  the negative comments were directed at me because I refuse to roll over on Ultra everytime they send me a video to my YouTube account.  The comment was made by an Auzzie8778 who stated that "You are gay.  Your Kempo is sh*t and too bad your wife married a loser who likes to play with Ultrasabers rather than spend some real money.  This video is just as cheap as your tastes."   Now I had 60 videos on my YouTube channel and Auzzie8778 could have said his/her crap on any one of them but he/she had to pick the one that I made of my daughter when she turned 7 months old.  My mom was the one that brought it to my attention.  I have since made over 1/2 of my videos unlisted and made all but one unable to comment as I don't pay that much attention to my YouTube.  

There were no negative comments made toward my daughter so I don't want anyone getting the wrong idea.  If Caine and his followers want to make it personal because I refuse to be a turncoat, then ok.  In the end, I speak with my money and my money will always go to Ultrasabers and I'll fight with the core of wrapping paper before I'll buy a damn thing from FX Sabers.  Now FX sabers can take that to the bank and that goes for any other Sabersmith that supports this type of harassment.  
« Last Edit: February 11, 2012, 08:34:17 PM by Deep » Logged

Guided by the Aing Tii Monks

Shodan in Shaolin Kempo Karate/Kung Fu/Jiu Jitsu

Yes, I am a color:  BLUE

ed_ification
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -385

Darth Cronfios

« Reply #187 on: February 10, 2012, 02:23:40 AM »

Hey, if people go for personal attacks in comments - report them to YouTube.  Has to be against their EULA/rules.  The fact that people are spamming YOUR account with THEIR unwanted BS isn't good either.

Whenever I get that kinda stuff I flag it, no matter the medium.  Xbox Live, wherever - you don't need to personally attack people.  You can say, "I disagree with Ultra's business practices because of X,Y, and Z" and that is a legitimate thing - it's your opinion of the business and the service(s) it provides, and many bad opinions on service can be an indicator that something is wrong.  There's an auto shop in my area that I won't use anymore, because they managed to fail to find a problem after a couple hundred dollars and put the brakes on improperly on my vehicle, and I told all of my friends about that store so that they could avoid it.

Of course, that's proportional to how polite you are as a customer - I've worked a lot of different jobs with a lot of different people.  If I get treated respectfully by you, I'm going to return that.  I try to make jokes with grocery clerks, most everybody I see in a service industry, because some days those folks get treated like utter crap.  I still remember a co-worker at a grocery store who got harangued to the point of tears by some bitter old woman - and even when I'm upset at a store, I try not to take that out on the person who ends up listening to me.

People change businesses often because of a perceived lack of service/respect that they get - that's why competition in a market is a GOOD thing.  It means that a person can find the service they want at whatever price they're willing to pay. 

Sabers:
MR Vader - ANH
MR Vader - ESB
Dark War Glaive - Blazing Red - "Belligerence"
Standard Issue Grab Bag - Guardian Blue - "Bastion"
2 Shock LEs - Violet - "Perseverance" and "Integrity"
Archon - "Insight"
Dark Initiate - "Harbinger"

Darth Rifter
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -200

Darth Rifter and Jedi Keldor...Darn it I forgot.

« Reply #188 on: February 10, 2012, 02:33:07 AM »

Ultra I found a video that said you were illegally using MHS parts, and that you didn't have the right to make MHS compatible pieces. I don't believe it, but I was curious how you got permission to make MHS compatible parts.

Darth Renov
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: -16

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1015140418

« Reply #189 on: February 10, 2012, 02:44:45 AM »

Ultra, I truly regret if any of my comments earlier in this thread or any where else on the forums came across as an attack against you. I haven't had any direct dealings with you since I started buying from US. All of my dealings have been with Deep, He's been nothing short of incredible. I love your products, nothing else out there offers the kind of customisation that we, the customers, desire... period. I hope to continue supporting you guys for as long as I'm able to.

I also appreciate everyone here on the forums. If it weren't for you lot, this wouldn't be the hobby that it is.

I sense a disturbance in the forums...

Duff Man
The Double Triple X 4 + Fish OG of Randomness Version 2.7 of part 9 = Bacon
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -358

« Reply #190 on: February 10, 2012, 03:40:39 AM »

There is no emotion there is peace.

Ultra Saber SI Staff:Guardian Blue
Ultra Saber Redemption:SRD
Ultra Saber Dominix V2 LE:Dark VA
MR Construction Kit:RGB

Kham-Ryn Kurios
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #191 on: February 10, 2012, 03:42:27 AM »

There is no emotion there is peace.

There is no drama, there is understanding.

Remember haters: A grudge means letting someone live in your head rent free.

‎Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Kham-Ryn Kurios
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #192 on: February 10, 2012, 03:51:22 AM »

Ultra said that if he were to delete their accounts, it would delete their threads, their posts, everything. Which would in turn delete valuable content on the site, and many other peoples posts in those threads

Oh that would suck.

They were quite active here; a lot would be lost.

Ultra
Lord Commander
Administrator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1765

IN HOC SIGNO VINCES

« Reply #193 on: February 10, 2012, 03:52:08 AM »

Deleting accounts has widespread effects. SMF operators do not delete accounts for this reason.

navajas
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -19

« Reply #194 on: February 10, 2012, 04:02:51 AM »

I'm glad for that. Again, I really did value the time I spent writing with Novastar and I think fencers and fighters alike would find some worth there if dug and found.

LE Initiate - Green (for my son)
FreeSaber Archon - Red (for my other son)
Nickel Prophecy - Arctic Blue (for my Mom)
Initiate V3 LE - Destiny (for my wife)
Bane RGB - white FoC (for my brother)
Vermathax - Yellow / Silver / Purple, custom
Archon V2 - Green (amber FoC, *goodies)

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 46   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: