Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 95   Go Down
Author Topic: **Mystery Box** What did you get???  (Read 395906 times)
ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #240 on: August 10, 2017, 10:34:26 PM »

Thanks TJ.  As you know or by looking at my signature, I own a lot of the Aeon/Dominix lines.  But the Aeon v4 is a first after using several v4 Initiates.  Haven't had much of a chance yet to actually try it out as just got it yesterday.  First impression is that for me it's definitely a two-hander.  Need to look at my pommel stock for the right one as don't like that standard open ring.  Using a 32" UEMG blade at the moment.  Have not yet discovered the sweet or balance spot.  I tend to like ballast or counterbalance on most of my sabers.  Hand grips on the choke points feel good but will have to be mindful of the edges of the emitter windows as I naturally am using a low to pommel and high emitter hand position.  Likely too high and easier to get struck by opposing blade.

So far have not had any problems with the LITE sound or batteries coming loose.  The silver FoC is quite a nice compliment to the GB blade.  In the past I always go for a dynamic flash color and never silver.  Now I can see why others like it so much.  Boy oh boy that bright white flash can become an asset to the opponent as a closer direct view can be temporarily blinding lol.  Cheesy

I anticipate really enjoying this Mystery Box saber and wanted to try out a LITE sound version which is loud.  The flash was a great bonus.  Cool

I really want to get another with sound myself, though I'm thinking of eventually trying to wire a sound card in my Dominix, maybe a LITE, or I'll be cheap and just gut a Hasbro. lol

And I'm now definitely set on getting a Phantom Initiate V4 LE for my Darth Zannah cosplay.

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Rick27593
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 1

« Reply #241 on: August 10, 2017, 10:44:25 PM »

Does anyone know if there has actually been a diamond controller yet? I see quite a few Emerald with sound, and Diamond isn't that far off in price by comparison.

Obese Wan Kenobese
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 338

Fretful Instigator of the Prismatic Order

« Reply #242 on: August 10, 2017, 11:34:29 PM »

Looks like Dominix v4 is my fate. I placed a second order, this time for one with sound. So, of 4 75$ mysteries, I got 2 dominix v4 in red, 1 initiate v4 in violet, 1 apprentice v4 in green. 1 200$ dominix v4 in blue with lite sound and white FOC. All with AV switches. I'll likely do some leather wrapping etc and part with a few. Keep the blue and violet. Add some Hasbro sound to the violet.

Selfish passion is unquenching.
What strength have you when you are a slave to your passions?
What power without strength of character?
To self centered rage, you will be chained.
The dark side is no victory.

The long path to peace is through balanced emotions.
The first step to gaining knowledge is recognizing your own ignorance.
Serenity is patient, not passionate satisfaction.
Find harmony by understanding chaos.
Become one with the force, which will never die.

Force Metal
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 89

« Reply #243 on: August 11, 2017, 10:20:15 AM »

I got a Sentinel V4 GB Lite Sound.

The odd things are the label on the brown wrapping said it had Premium V3 w/rechargeables & when I use it my hands are covered in a shiny black coating like I've been handling graphite powder. I've rubbed it down well with no marks left on the rag but it still messes up my hand

Can I tempt you, come with me
Be 'devil may care', fulfill your dream
If I said I'd take you there
Would you go, would you be scared

magik0012
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 107

« Reply #244 on: August 11, 2017, 12:26:21 PM »

I got a Sentinel V4 GB Lite Sound.

The odd things are the label on the brown wrapping said it had Premium V3 w/rechargeables & when I use it my hands are covered in a shiny black coating like I've been handling graphite powder. I've rubbed it down well with no marks left on the rag but it still messes up my hand

You don't by any chance have acid for blood, do you?  Wink

Never give up! Never surrender!

Archon v3 (Emerald RGBA + v4 sound), Graflex SE (GB + v3 sound), Chosen One SE (BR + v3 sound), Manticore (VA + v3 sound), Flamberge v2 (FO + v4 sound, dis-assembled and lightly kitbashed), 

Aeon LE v4 (stunt CG), Dark Prophecy x2 (being re-customized) (stunt BR & DVA or VA),

Dark Arbiter (Disassembled), Overlord (Disassembled)
Dark Liberator (BR w v3 sound - gifted away), Dark Sentinel LE v4 (AB w v3 sound - gifted away)

Axon99
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #245 on: August 11, 2017, 02:31:54 PM »

My mystery boxes arrived yesterday. My $75 box is a Sentinal V4, no windows in fire orange and non-illuminated silver AV switch. My $200 box is a Dominix v4, no windows with premium sound, black non-illuminated AV switch with a single red led. I already own a Dominix LE v4 and Aeon v4 both with Windows and was hoping for a different hilt or at least if it was another Dominix v4 or Aeon V4 no windows. So I am happy the Dominix V4 has no windows. When I train and duel I like to grip it where the windows are and the windowless version is a little more comfortable for me especially when spinning. I don't want to duel with the sound, so is it possible to put the premium sound and red led in an empty Chosen One hilt? Having never played with the electronics, what is the difficulty level? Oh yeah, I love the fire orange at night. No one I duel with has that color.  Grin

The Guardian, Dominix LE v4, Dominix v4, Aeon v4, Sentinal v4, Dark apprentice v4

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2037

« Reply #246 on: August 11, 2017, 03:44:12 PM »

I don't want to duel with the sound, so is it possible to put the premium sound and red led in an empty Chosen One hilt? Having never played with the electronics, what is the difficulty level? Oh yeah, I love the fire orange at night. No one I duel with has that color.  Grin

Hi.  Yes it is possible but you will have to do your homework first.  Suggest looking in the Obsidian Section for any subject threads. Also YouTube is a good resource.  Perhaps beyond the weekend after the raffle excitement has decreased, then some of our saber electronic experts will respond to your request.  You could email US to see what the charge would be to send the hilts in for the swap at [email protected] .  Smiley

Darth Dragon
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -28

« Reply #247 on: August 12, 2017, 06:29:25 PM »

So UltraSabers makes it very hard to stop buying these mystery boxes,  I just got my second 75 dollar box and I scored a black reaper stunt hilt in fire orange.  with a silver switch about 167 dollar value for 75.  while its not as good as my first 75 dollar in terms of value as my archon v2.1 with obsidian sound, this is a hilt I have always wanted and I am more than pleased.  I will post picks later!l

Rick27593
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 1

« Reply #248 on: August 14, 2017, 11:31:10 PM »

Okay, I got my mystery boxes and I am super happy with the results, I just can't tell which saber is the $75 one and which is the $200 one, because they both came out more than high enough to qualify for the $200 mystery box. 

Saber 1: Dark Apprentice V4 with black AV switch and lite sound in green with silver flash on clash, no windows, normal pommel, Basically $220.
Saber 2: Chosen One SE with Emerald Driver, initially phasing between 2 shades of blue and silver flash on clash and I think Obsidian Sound, but I don't know which version, it seems like everything else on it was standard options, and no windows, but still is basically ether $440 or $450 depending on obsidian version.

All in all, $275 for $670ish, I consider myself pretty darn lucky.

bigBear
Council Elder of Shenanigans
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1538

a true warrior fights to protect

« Reply #249 on: August 15, 2017, 01:17:46 AM »

Okay, I got my mystery boxes and I am super happy with the results, I just can't tell which saber is the $75 one and which is the $200 one, because they both came out more than high enough to qualify for the $200 mystery box. 

Saber 1: Dark Apprentice V4 with black AV switch and lite sound in green with silver flash on clash, no windows, normal pommel, Basically $220.
Saber 2: Chosen One SE with Emerald Driver, initially phasing between 2 shades of blue and silver flash on clash and I think Obsidian Sound, but I don't know which version, it seems like everything else on it was standard options, and no windows, but still is basically ether $440 or $450 depending on obsidian version.

All in all, $275 for $670ish, I consider myself pretty darn lucky.

best way to tell is if has mute in the sound settings.

who's scruffy looking?
own: Dominix V4 GB, Sentinel V4 sunrider's, Aprentice LE V4 VA X2 (staff). Liberator SY, dark SI AB, dark initiate LE CG, dark initiate BR, dark apprentice LE AS and FO stunts. dark Sentinel LE in FO OB lite sound Malice w/ V4 sound, Emerald. Crimson curved Reaper AS OB lite. Diamond Raven, Chosen One V4 sound, emerald, Consular CG, V4 sound.

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #250 on: August 15, 2017, 02:01:15 PM »

I just can't tell which saber is the $75 one and which is the $200 one, because they both came out more than high enough to qualify for the $200 mystery box.

In that case, it probably doesn't matter which is which.  You scored either way.  Cheesy

Foilfencer
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 2

« Reply #251 on: August 15, 2017, 02:36:21 PM »

Hopefully this post should contain a Pic of my new Dark Apprentice LE V4 & the Dark Sentinel LE V4 which just arrived yesterday both were $200 Mystery Box purchases.

I will take a better picture with blades in and on if this has worked lol.

http://imageshack.com/a/img923/755/4ozuTQ.jpg

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2776

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #252 on: August 15, 2017, 02:37:27 PM »

Hopefully this post should contain a Pic of my new Dark Apprentice LE V4 & the Dark Sentinel LE V4 which just arrived yesterday both were $200 Mystery Box purchases.

I will take a better picture with blades in and on if this has worked lol.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Foilfencer
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 2

« Reply #253 on: August 15, 2017, 02:46:15 PM »

Thanks Darth Logos, I think my mistake was using the Link rather than the Direct address so the photo actually appears on the Forum.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2776

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #254 on: August 15, 2017, 02:54:22 PM »

Thanks Darth Logos, I think my mistake was using the Link rather than the Direct address so the photo actually appears on the Forum.

Actually, all I did was drop it into an image insertion. It's the second button on the bottom row. Copy the link for the pic, then drop it in between [img] prompts.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 95   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: