Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Author Topic: Smallest MHS hilt  (Read 5920 times)
Darth Cephalus
Supreme Heresiarch of Inadvisable Saber Techniques
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -915

Who watches the watchmen?

« on: March 18, 2017, 11:57:09 PM »

Anyone know what the smallest MHS hilt US makes is? That is a hilt with removable emitter so not the V2s or the Prophecy. I am thinking it looks like the Shock, but product images can be deceptive.

Lord Canterbury
Dark Knight of The Scorpion Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1313

Fish Fingers & Custard

« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2017, 12:18:09 AM »

My best guess would be the Menace; I was surprised how small it was when I got it. 

A couple pics I have for size reference . . .

I believe the new Emperor's Hand is virtually the same size.

Winning? Is that what you think it's about? I'm not trying to win. I'm not doing this because I want to beat someone, or because I hate someone, or because I want to blame someone. It's not because it's fun. God knows it's not because it's easy. It's not even because it works, because it hardly ever does. I do what I do because it's right! Because it's decent! And above all, it's kind! It's just that. Just kind.

~ The 12th Doctor in "The Doctor Falls"

Darth Cephalus
Knight Commander

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2017, 12:30:50 AM »

Thanks. The picture next to the Aeon helps a lot. Do you know if those red knobs come off? Those things are a deal breaker on a spinning hilt.

Lord Canterbury
Knight Commander

Fish Fingers & Custard

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2017, 01:01:31 AM »

They absolutely do.  Smiley

Reply #19:  

http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=33227.msg515003#msg515003

I'm pretty sure hazard502 got some tiny button-head screws to fill in the holes on his.  I think they were 8/32 threads, 1/8" long.  Maybe 1/4".  I couldn't find the post but you can PM him if he doesn't see this . . .

Which hilts do you currently have?  If I own any of them, I can try to snap a quick pic for you tomorrow for a better reference.

Winning? Is that what you think it's about? I'm not trying to win. I'm not doing this because I want to beat someone, or because I hate someone, or because I want to blame someone. It's not because it's fun. God knows it's not because it's easy. It's not even because it works, because it hardly ever does. I do what I do because it's right! Because it's decent! And above all, it's kind! It's just that. Just kind.

Darth Cephalus
Knight Commander

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2017, 01:12:53 AM »

Thanks. The Aeon worked. I have one of those and can use it for scale on the others. Still not sure on that design, but it bears consideration. Anyone know how the Shock stacks up on size to say a Manticore or an Archon?

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2017, 02:12:48 AM »

I guess he doesn't have a Shock, but here is a really useful comparison by Lord Bladewraith between all of his sabers.

http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=34189.msg545297#msg545297

I have wielded the Shock some, and it is pretty nice. It's been a while, but I do like it. I don't know how it compares in length with the Archon or Manticore seeing as I have never had the pleasure of wielding either of those.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Lord Canterbury
Knight Commander

Fish Fingers & Custard

« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2017, 02:19:18 AM »

I guess he doesn't have a Shock

No, sorry.  Just never been on my list.

Darth Cephalus
Knight Commander

« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2017, 03:13:10 AM »

Awesome picture Taegin. Thanks for the link. Looking at that lineup, it looks like the Archon might hold the title. If you remove the pommel and emitter it looks to be shorter than the V2. Still looking for how it compares to a shock though.

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2017, 04:18:59 AM »

No, sorry.  Just never been on my list.

I was actually referring to Lord Bladewraith. I probably should have made myself more clear.

Awesome picture Taegin. Thanks for the link. Looking at that lineup, it looks like the Archon might hold the title. If you remove the pommel and emitter it looks to be shorter than the V2. Still looking for how it compares to a shock though.

No problem. Glad I could help.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

shade_1313
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 766

« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2017, 04:56:01 AM »

Why does no one ever remember my experiments with the Menace?

http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=29726.0

Most recently, I've gone back to see how well it can actually hold with just the Flamberge emitter ring, the three retention screws, and about .88" of blade socket.

It comes in right at 7.5" end to end with that blade holder and with the Emperor's Hand pommel, has V4 sound and QDs.

Greywolf
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: 100

Grey all the way ;)

« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2017, 09:01:47 AM »

Why does no one ever remember my experiments with the Menace?
Well, I do cause I love the result Wink

Cake is a lie. There are only Cookies.
Through Cookies I gain Chocolate.
Through Chocolate I gain Energy.
Through Energy I gain Weight.
Through Weight my pants will burst.
The Force shall free me.

Lord Canterbury
Knight Commander

Fish Fingers & Custard

« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2017, 11:43:14 AM »

Well, because the question was specifically what is the smallest that US MAKES, not the smallest you can put together with a huge collection of MHS parts you already own.   Tongue

Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2017, 12:07:52 PM »

I believe Lord C is correct.  The Menace has to be the smallest.

I don't own one, so can't directly compare, but each time Lord C says that the EH is about the same size as the Menace, I feel like he's mistaken.  I considered it to be around the same size as my Manticore or a Consular...

Here it is next to my Manticore:

And an Initiate V4:

And finally beside my Prophecy (better late than never haz):

Just wanted to clarify the size. Smiley

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

Lord Canterbury
Knight Commander

Fish Fingers & Custard

« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2017, 12:13:56 PM »

I guess you're right - for some reason I thought the EH was 10.5", not 11.5".

Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2017, 12:43:21 PM »

It's actually lighter than it looks.  Still a very solid saber, but it looks like it'd weigh as much as a cinder block.  The emitter is one solid piece of machining.  Swapping that would put it a lighter class.

Not nearly as nimble as a Prophecy still though. Wink

I'm not sure that US could go smaller than a Menace, and still keep all the bells & whistles - well, unless they hired shade or calculon. Tongue

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: