Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 2418 2419 [2420] 2421 2422 ... 3563   Go Down
Author Topic: Random Thoughts of Members (anything goes...well with in forum rules)  (Read 5033517 times)
Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #36285 on: August 14, 2016, 02:04:27 AM »

I have an app on my phone called SkyGuide that just got me out the door in time to watch the International Space Station fly by.  SO cool.  I had no idea that thing was so dang BRIGHT.  It was even piercing some light cloud cover in our area at times.  AND I'm near a city with a TON of light pollution too.  Yet I could still see this thing really bright.

SO cool!!

And yeah, I know I missed the meteor shower last night, but I wasn't doing 3-4 am.  The next meteor shower that peaks during DECENT hours though, I will go out and see.
The ISS really boogies too though eh?  I mean - don't cough.

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #36286 on: August 14, 2016, 02:24:40 AM »

Is the US considering a swimming dynasty yet?

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Darth Justicar
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -567

Sun of Starkiller

« Reply #36287 on: August 14, 2016, 03:07:41 AM »

The ISS really boogies too though eh?  I mean - don't cough.

Yeah, it does, it moves FAST.  Thankfully SkyGuide gave me a five minute warning to get outside and in position, and then tracked it real time across the sky so I was sure what I was seeing at all times. Smiley

"Anger is a tool.  Use it; do not let it use you."
       --Gul Verden in Debtors' Planet by W.R. Thompson

"I'm a little Renlet, short and 'stout'
Here is my saber, watch me scream and shout!"
       --Lyrics by Jev Moldara

Flamberge BR with v4 Obsidian and 4-inch side blades

Majobu5
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 0

Agent Zero. No points

« Reply #36288 on: August 14, 2016, 03:59:49 AM »

Are you serious!! I made a wish on a space station?? My sister, my wife and I were getting into our cars when we saw this streak of bright light. Probably half an hour ago. My son missed it. He's really into astronomy! So he was bummed, but I was like damn! Make a wish! But as we drove home, I was telling them that it was pretty low and kinda too bright to be a shooting star. There was still a fair amount of light in the sky. But, this explains everything. Still cool though, not knowing. Just being in the right place at the right time. Good thing we put away that game Trouble when we did!

No points, just fist bumps baby!

Darth Justicar
Knight Commander

Sun of Starkiller

« Reply #36289 on: August 14, 2016, 04:08:38 AM »

At my latitude it WAS kind of low on the horizon.  You'd need to go to NASA's Spot the Station page and put in your location to see if the time when you made your wish was when the Space Station was going by, but it's not impossible.  At least in my area, the ISS has made a couple of visible passes tonight.

Spot the Station: https://spotthestation.nasa.gov/

Tell your son to get SkyGuide on his phone and it will give him alerts for the space station, meteor showers, and other really cool stuff like that. Smiley  Mind you I only get a 5-minute warning for the ISS so I have to get into position fast, and go to a "field" (read: little area of land no one has thought to build stuff on yet!) where I have a fairly decent view.

EDIT: This is an example below, of how fast the station moves if you're seeing it.  The direction it's moving and what objects are in the sky with it may vary.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NaQuCBlwAFE" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NaQuCBlwAFE</a>

--Lyrics by Jev Moldara

Majobu5
Knight Commander

Agent Zero. No points

« Reply #36290 on: August 14, 2016, 04:46:07 AM »

At my latitude it WAS kind of low on the horizon.  You'd need to go to NASA's Spot the Station page and put in your location to see if the time when you made your wish was when the Space Station was going by, but it's not impossible.  At least in my area, the ISS has made a couple of visible passes tonight.

Spot the Station: https://spotthestation.nasa.gov/

Tell your son to get SkyGuide on his phone and it will give him alerts for the space station, meteor showers, and other really cool stuff like that. Smiley  Mind you I only get a 5-minute warning for the ISS so I have to get into position fast, and go to a "field" (read: little area of land no one has thought to build stuff on yet!) where I have a fairly decent view.

EDIT: This is an example below, of how fast the station moves if you're seeing it.  The direction it's moving and what objects are in the sky with it may vary.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NaQuCBlwAFE

Oh great! My city isn't on the list. Wtf! Not like I live in the boonies! Well, based on that video, we saw a shooting star cuz this thing jetted across fast, like, quick.

My son will be 10 later this month. I'll tell him to download it on his tablet, but I'm not enabling him and getting him a phone. If he's barely talking to us now, good grace, well never hear from him.

Darth Justicar
Knight Commander

Sun of Starkiller

« Reply #36291 on: August 14, 2016, 04:54:15 AM »

I don't know if it works on Android devices, but it will work on the iPad.

--Lyrics by Jev Moldara

Landen Se-Sentien
Shadow Sentinel of the Manticore Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1828

I work in the Darkness in service of the Light

« Reply #36292 on: August 14, 2016, 05:22:35 PM »

My wife said if we ever have another kid, she's going to name it Gotham. That way, in the middle of the night, she can roll over, wake me up, and say, "Gotham needs you."

Signature banner by DarthScrub

Majobu5
Knight Commander

Agent Zero. No points

« Reply #36293 on: August 15, 2016, 05:27:58 AM »

My wife said if we ever have another kid, she's going to name it Gotham. That way, in the middle of the night, she can roll over, wake me up, and say, "Gotham needs you."

Lol!

Iram
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -292

Grey, leaning to the Dark Side

« Reply #36294 on: August 15, 2016, 02:05:48 PM »

Lol that's awesome !

BBL and proud!!!

My Sabers
Overlord (BR) Old Reliable w/ Obsidian v4 
Crimson Scorpion (VA)  w/ Obsidian v3  [Second Prize, 2016 Spring Raffle (1st)]
Dark Apprentice LE v4 (CG) Viridi Ignis 
Graflex SE (Emerald) w/Obsidian v4 [Won -50% off coupon April 2017]
Dark Sentinel LE V4 (BR)

WWJD?

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2777

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #36295 on: August 15, 2016, 02:44:09 PM »

Want these...

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Jev Moldara
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1280

The Mad Professor

« Reply #36296 on: August 15, 2016, 02:52:15 PM »

Want these...

I, too, want  BB-8 bowling ball bag.

Mad Science means never stopping to ask "What's the worst that could happen?"

Nothing is forgotten. Nothing is ever forgotten.

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -1913

(Dark points only) Do not hesitate. Show no mercy

« Reply #36297 on: August 15, 2016, 03:39:53 PM »

When you're so fast as a sprinter that you have time to pose for a photo during the Olympic semi-final!

Such a great athlete and the first sprinter to win 100m gold THREE times. so proud of my Jamaican heritage today and cannot see if he can repeat the feat in the 200m and the 4x100m relay.

Darth Justicar
Knight Commander

Sun of Starkiller

« Reply #36298 on: August 15, 2016, 04:06:55 PM »

Hahaha, oh my goodness, it DOES look like he posed!  That wasn't photoshopped, was it? Wink

--Lyrics by Jev Moldara

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2777

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #36299 on: August 15, 2016, 04:23:30 PM »

I, too, want  BB-8 bowling ball bag.

I think that's a purse. But I wouldn't mind a BB-8 ball bag.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Pages: 1 ... 2418 2419 [2420] 2421 2422 ... 3563   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: