Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 1776 1777 [1778] 1779 1780 ... 3563   Go Down
Author Topic: Random Thoughts of Members (anything goes...well with in forum rules)  (Read 5036733 times)
Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2778

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #26655 on: March 02, 2015, 05:48:00 PM »

They won't. Apple has Siri. Windows has Cortana. Android has Google Now (or something). Cortana is from Halo, which M$ has exclusive rights to as a personal assistant.

Did they actually use the same woman's voice as from the game? That would be sweet. I always thought she sounded kinda hot. Roll Eyes

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Kham-Ryn Kurios
Sentinel Prime; Knight of the HoloNet Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1723

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #26656 on: March 02, 2015, 05:56:44 PM »

Its nice to know I'm not the only one.

I'm the only windows phone owner I know of amongst all my friends. Apparently we are rare.

I feel you.

Talk about rare, I'm still using Zune as my library and player.  Cheesy

Did they actually use the same woman's voice as from the game? That would be sweet. I always thought she sounded kinda hot. Roll Eyes

It sure is.  Smiley

Jen Taylor is her name.

/LIGHT SIDE POINTS PLEASE\
‎Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Molina00
Forum Emissary
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 459

« Reply #26657 on: March 02, 2015, 05:57:01 PM »

I thought I read an article though where it hadn't been completely ruled out that it could be available on multiple OS.  I don't know that it was a very good chance, but I can hope.  

I just don't like how you have to have internet access to use Google Now and you can't use it to interface with your local music library.  I don't use cloud servers.

When I tell it to play a song by AC/DC I don't want Google search results.  

Edit:  Here is that article I read.  http://www.pcworld.com/article/2848208/report-cortana-could-appear-on-ios-android.html

I felt a great disturbance in the force as if millions of nerds cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced.

Integrity can accommodate the inadvertent error and the honest difference of opinion; it cannot accommodate deceit or subordination of principle.

Frizzenflyer
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 271

Triple Ace

« Reply #26658 on: March 02, 2015, 06:17:54 PM »

My flatmate just bought an ultrasaber from a thrift store, a Dominix V2 in BR (just like one of mine), for $10 and has decided to come up with a sith costume. I was obviously not selective enough during the interview process. bloody sith scum. . .

"we did it first, and we did it old school... none of them fancy Incom T-65 X-Wings... we had ARC-170's and Z-95's... we had to work for our kills."~Jestucker

B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 3214

You can't take the sky from me....

« Reply #26659 on: March 02, 2015, 06:21:49 PM »

I feel you.

Talk about rare, I'm still using Zune as my library and player.  Cheesy

It sure is.  Smiley

Jen Taylor is her name.

I still use zune on my computer!

it doesn't completely sound the same though, that could just be how its set up. Cortana just works so much better than the standard. Supposedly the reasons why Cortana has been held back in Aus is due to our accent not working properly with it- same silly excuse they used with the xbone on/ off voice commands, originally aus release Xbones had it disabled, but if you had an overseas produced model it worked just fine. I had to get Cortana by registering my phone region as US-which inconveniently makes other stuff not work properly. Though someone told me the otherday that a new update has released Cortana here so I might have to swap my region back and see if she still works.

Funnily, Cortana doesn't like my husband. He says something, she ignores him or gives some silly response. Not a problem with me, which is hilarious coz with most voice command stuff its the other way around. Parently I dun speak proper English, I speak strayan mate. Tongue

M4-QT droid
Shayla Jaste Cosplay
Perth Spartans

archon v2.1, consular, dominix v3 LE, bellicose, 2x dark initiate v3 LE, dark initiate v2 LE, Aeonix v2, raven, 2x shock, 2x manticore, electrum wind em/v4 obs

Noctis
The Luminous Shadow
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 530

Be who you are and say what you feel

« Reply #26660 on: March 02, 2015, 09:00:07 PM »

Dammit, Monday.  How are you here AGAIN??  Are you stalking me?!? Bad idea, Monday.  Haven't you seen the size of my lightsaber?

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #26661 on: March 02, 2015, 09:26:34 PM »

Dammit, Monday.  How are you here AGAIN??  Are you stalking me?!? Bad idea, Monday.  Haven't you seen the size of my lightsaber?

a) I told you you'd blink and Monday would be back.
b) you seem to be more obsessed with the size of your saber than any 100 men are with the size of their... "swords"

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Noctis
The Luminous Shadow
Knight Commander

« Reply #26662 on: March 02, 2015, 09:44:12 PM »

I see your saber is as big as mine!  Hurr hurr hurr....  Wink

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #26663 on: March 02, 2015, 10:05:26 PM »

I see your saber is as big as mine!  Hurr hurr hurr....  Wink

bigger  Grin

Sig by For Tyeth

Noctis
The Luminous Shadow
Knight Commander

« Reply #26664 on: March 02, 2015, 10:11:50 PM »

That's what they all say....

JEStucker
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 340

Founder - The Underfunded Force (Light Points)

« Reply #26665 on: March 02, 2015, 10:43:56 PM »

My flatmate just bought an ultrasaber from a thrift store, a Dominix V2 in BR (just like one of mine), for $10 and has decided to come up with a sith costume. I was obviously not selective enough during the interview process. bloody sith scum. . .

Someone, who you know, found an actual ultrasaber in a thrift store...  Why can I never find these things?

I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar!

Dominix v2 Fire Orange
Aeon v3 Guardian Blue/Obsidian

Drahcir
Keeper of Ancient Artifacts
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -971

Shiny saber you got there, let me fix that.

« Reply #26666 on: March 02, 2015, 10:49:52 PM »

I really need the weekend to come back.

Want your hilt customized? Visit my Thread and I'll do it for you : http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=24643

Frizzenflyer
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 271

Triple Ace

« Reply #26667 on: March 02, 2015, 11:25:54 PM »

Someone, who you know, found an actual ultrasaber in a thrift store...  Why can I never find these things?

its in really good shape too! the last time I saw a good lightsaber (not an Ultra Saber) in a thrift store or pawn shop it was in really sad shape and they wanted $100 for it.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ _____

I just got a text from my friend Bert, the sheriffs deputy, today he responded to a call about a child with a weapon. the kid had a Hasbro lightsaber and a bright orange Nerf blaster. It goes without saying that the kid was given a "junior sheriff" badge and told to have fun. I am not done facepalming yet.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2015, 11:34:03 PM by Frizzenflyer » Logged

"we did it first, and we did it old school... none of them fancy Incom T-65 X-Wings... we had ARC-170's and Z-95's... we had to work for our kills."~Jestucker

Noctis
The Luminous Shadow
Knight Commander

« Reply #26668 on: March 02, 2015, 11:28:22 PM »

I really need the weekend to come back.

I demand an extra day between Saturday and Sunday!

Drahcir
Keeper of Ancient Artifacts
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -971

Shiny saber you got there, let me fix that.

« Reply #26669 on: March 02, 2015, 11:41:23 PM »

I demand an extra day between Saturday and Sunday!

Please, I wonder if we can sign a petition.

Want your hilt customized? Visit my Thread and I'll do it for you : http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=24643

Pages: 1 ... 1776 1777 [1778] 1779 1780 ... 3563   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: