Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 3437 3438 [3439] 3440 3441 ... 3563   Go Down
Author Topic: Random Thoughts of Members (anything goes...well with in forum rules)  (Read 5048803 times)
Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -1913

(Dark points only) Do not hesitate. Show no mercy

« Reply #51570 on: November 16, 2019, 05:02:31 PM »

I know it will be available on Netflix soon. But a movie of this quality deserves to be seen on the big screen. From all accounts, it's the best Pacino and De Niro have been in years. And despite being persuaded by Scorsese to come out of retirement to do this film, Pesci is apparently amazing. May post a non-spoiler review later

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2779

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #51571 on: November 18, 2019, 02:25:13 PM »

I dunno... their original ideas aren't all that great...  

"Come on Benny...  I'm not even looking......."

Pains me to see Adam Driver and Daisy wasted...

"Let's make Daisy's Jedi robes white cuz she's the good guy and represents the light (ntm they have to be very similar to what she was wearing in the first movie, otherwise no one will know it's Rey).....even though the real Jedi have been bouncin' round the galaxy wearing brown for thousands of years and she's knockin' around the desert and the jungle with no chance of getting a stain on them (it's gonna be Revenge of the Fallen all over again). And we'll have Kyle use the red Loctite to fix his dumb helmet, because red and black will emphasize that he's the bad guy. Gotta remember that those Star Wars fans aren't very smart, and they won't be able to figure this complex story out unless we help them."

We couldn't possibly keep track of characters movie to movie unless they wear the same clothes all the time.

I've never been able to figure out who those those last 2 are. They couldn't possibly be the same guy, because Luke was trying to be a good Jedi, and this wardrobe gets steadily darker as the movies progressed. That's not a very good guy thing to do. Roll Eyes

I know it will be available on Netflix soon. But a movie of this quality deserves to be seen on the big screen. From all accounts, it's the best Pacino and De Niro have been in years. And despite being persuaded by Scorsese to come out of retirement to do this film, Pesci is apparently amazing. May post a non-spoiler review later

Is there a name for this mystery film?

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -778

« Reply #51572 on: November 18, 2019, 05:20:15 PM »

"Let's make Daisy's Jedi robes white cuz she's the good guy and represents the light (ntm they have to be very similar to what she was wearing in the first movie, otherwise no one will know it's Rey).....even though the real Jedi have been bouncin' round the galaxy wearing brown for thousands of years and she's knockin' around the desert and the jungle with no chance of getting a stain on them (it's gonna be Revenge of the Fallen all over again). And we'll have Kyle use the red Loctite to fix his dumb helmet, because red and black will emphasize that he's the bad guy. Gotta remember that those Star Wars fans aren't very smart, and they won't be able to figure this complex story out unless we help them."

We couldn't possibly keep track of characters movie to movie unless they wear the same clothes all the time.

I've never been able to figure out who those those last 2 are. They couldn't possibly be the same guy, because Luke was trying to be a good Jedi, and this wardrobe gets steadily darker as the movies progressed. That's not a very good guy thing to do. Roll Eyes
Is there a name for this mystery film?

I think this a merch decision.  They don't have to make all new molds for the figures.  Few tweaks and a paint job.   

I think he's talking about The Irishman

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #51573 on: November 18, 2019, 07:32:30 PM »

I think this a merch decision.  They don't have to make all new molds for the figures.  Few tweaks and a paint job.   
So let's dumb things down to a painful level so we can go cheap on merchandising even though we have more money than most small-middle sized countries.

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #51574 on: November 18, 2019, 07:44:35 PM »

So let's dumb things down to a painful level so we can go cheap on merchandising even though we have more money than most small-middle sized countries.

They spend money on what makes money.... so the MCU gets all the attention.  But, insider rumor is Disney isn't doing as well as it seems.  Looks like they spread their money too far and didn't get the returns they hoped.  But we should all be "Disney Broke".

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #51575 on: November 18, 2019, 08:42:11 PM »

They spend money on what makes money.... so the MCU gets all the attention.  But, insider rumor is Disney isn't doing as well as it seems.  Looks like they spread their money too far and didn't get the returns they hoped.  But we should all be "Disney Broke".
Hmmm. I might acquire LF for less than initially estimated.

Sig by For Tyeth

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #51576 on: November 19, 2019, 08:41:18 PM »

I need my comic nerds.

So I was thinking this morning: How did the end of Endgame not result in a paradox that the sorcerer supreme warned Banner about? Even though the stones were replaced, some people were not; namely Nebula, Gamora, and Thanos. Without Thanos in the past, I'm not even sure New York would ever happen, and the Avengers never get together because Loki is never set to the task. Also likely that Ronin is also never set to the task of finding the power stone resulting in no story for GotG. Without Gamora, the GotG never form. And without Nebula.....we lose out on some bald, blue, crazy hotness, ntm certain instances that steer the path of the Guardians.

Sig by For Tyeth

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #51577 on: November 19, 2019, 08:50:12 PM »

I need my comic nerds.

So I was thinking this morning: How did the end of Endgame not result in a paradox that the sorcerer supreme warned Banner about? Even though the stones were replaced, some people were not; namely Nebula, Gamora, and Thanos. Without Thanos in the past, I'm not even sure New York would ever happen, and the Avengers never get together because Loki is never set to the task. Also likely that Ronin is also never set to the task of finding the power stone resulting in no story for GotG. Without Gamora, the GotG never form. And without Nebula.....we lose out on some bald, blue, crazy hotness, ntm certain instances that steer the path of the Guardians.

Paradox's DID happen.   Remember it does not alter the timeline we mainly see.... it creates alternate timelines.  So there is a Timeline where there is no Thanos after 2014.  The guardians (as we know them) will never form.   Without Thanos there is a HUGE power Vacuum that will probably result in a war between the Cosmic Baddies.   There is also a timeline where Loki wasn't taken back to Asgard after New York and hes free with the Tesseract....this is actually the Timeline they are showing in the Loki Disney+ show.    With the Multiverse coming into play I am sure we will see parts of these alternate time lines. 

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #51578 on: November 19, 2019, 09:23:28 PM »

Paradox's DID happen.   Remember it does not alter the timeline we mainly see.... it creates alternate timelines.  So there is a Timeline where there is no Thanos after 2014.  The guardians (as we know them) will never form.   Without Thanos there is a HUGE power Vacuum that will probably result in a war between the Cosmic Baddies.   There is also a timeline where Loki wasn't taken back to Asgard after New York and hes free with the Tesseract....this is actually the Timeline they are showing in the Loki Disney+ show.    With the Multiverse coming into play I am sure we will see parts of these alternate time lines. 
Hmmmm

Sig by For Tyeth

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #51579 on: November 19, 2019, 09:45:14 PM »

Hmmmm

Imagine it this way........

--------------------------------------------- Universe 199999.......................................................................................>

This represents Universe 199999...The Main MCU Universe (199999 is its actual designation with the Comics Main Universe being 616)

Now when they went back and took the stones they did not alter the main time lines future....but created branches into alternate realities (Alt A and Alt B)

. Alt A                                                            . Alt B
                                             .                                                                   .
.................................................. Universe 199999................................................................

Of course there were more than two branches but for sake of simplicity we'll just go with two.   When Cap went back and put the stones back almost at the exact moment they took them... it erased those branches and they ceased to exist.     But, like we said...there are at least two branches still active.  The one without a Thanos and the one where Loki is free.  This is the way I understand it at least.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #51580 on: November 19, 2019, 10:14:58 PM »

Imagine it this way........

--------------------------------------------- Universe 199999.......................................................................................>

This represents Universe 199999...The Main MCU Universe (199999 is its actual designation with the Comics Main Universe being 616)

Now when they went back and took the stones they did not alter the main time lines future....but created branches into alternate realities (Alt A and Alt B)

. Alt A                                                            . Alt B
.................................................. Universe 199999................................................................

Of course there were more than two branches but for sake of simplicity we'll just go with two.   When Cap went back and put the stones back almost at the exact moment they took them... it erased those branches and they ceased to exist.     But, like we said...there are at least two branches still active.  The one without a Thanos and the one where Loki is free.  This is the way I understand it at least.
Yeah, I guess my three names are all kinda in the same boat.

Sig by For Tyeth

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #51581 on: November 19, 2019, 10:19:41 PM »

Yeah, I guess my three names are all kinda in the same boat.

Yea,  so those are times lines I would like to see.

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2792

Grey Assassin

« Reply #51582 on: November 21, 2019, 01:13:26 PM »

Still a good comic series

Golden Fedora
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 564

The Grey Prophet

« Reply #51583 on: November 21, 2019, 04:45:59 PM »

Still a good comic series

where's this from?

"Easy is the path to wisdom for those only not blinded by themselves."

-Broadside

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #51584 on: November 21, 2019, 04:59:51 PM »

where's this from?

Its from the Star Wars comic series began after Disney took over.  Star Wars, Darth Vader and Dr. Aphra were the three main with Vader's comics (IMO) being the best.  The Star Wars comics covered the time between ANH and ESB.  Those ended and a new series will be starting in Feb I believe that will chronicle the short time between ESB and ROTJ.

Pages: 1 ... 3437 3438 [3439] 3440 3441 ... 3563   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: