Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 3434 3435 [3436] 3437 3438 ... 3563   Go Down
Author Topic: Random Thoughts of Members (anything goes...well with in forum rules)  (Read 5038470 times)
Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 534

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #51525 on: November 07, 2019, 03:07:27 PM »

Watching Friends on Netflix just isn't gonna happen.  Not only do I not have Netflix, but I can't stand the characters in Friends.  While I'm setting myself up as a target for ridicule, I might as well share that I could never relate to the characters in Seinfeld, either.  They just weren't even close to believable for me.  Now, The Big Bang Theory?  Oh, yeah, those characters made much more sense (even though they were exaggerations, just like in the other shows).

LEGEND: 🔇= Stunt, 🔊= V4 Premium Sound, ⚡= Flash on Clash, 💎= Diamond Controller

__Aeon LE v3 🔇 in CG  __Initiate v2 🔇 in FO  __Initiate v2 🔇 in AB  __Dark Apprentice LE v5 🔇 in AS  Dark Catalyst in BH 🔊 ⚡AS  __Crimson Scorpion 🔊 BR⚡GB  __Azure Fallen 💎 in DVA fading to VA , ⚡ AS  __Frankensaber 💎 in SY fading to CG with ⚡ GB  — Currently traveling with co-owner

Light Side points preferred, when warranted

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2778

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #51526 on: November 07, 2019, 03:10:16 PM »

Watching Friends on Netflix is the closest I get to having friends......  It and Fraiser still hold up to me....and now I feel old.  TIL Friends is 25 years old. 
TIL?

Why the @#$% are my open falls under "lest get it over with to me"
If you say so.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 534

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #51527 on: November 07, 2019, 03:30:18 PM »

TIL?

Today
I
Learned

LEGEND: 🔇= Stunt, 🔊= V4 Premium Sound, ⚡= Flash on Clash, 💎= Diamond Controller

__Aeon LE v3 🔇 in CG  __Initiate v2 🔇 in FO  __Initiate v2 🔇 in AB  __Dark Apprentice LE v5 🔇 in AS  Dark Catalyst in BH 🔊 ⚡AS  __Crimson Scorpion 🔊 BR⚡GB  __Azure Fallen 💎 in DVA fading to VA , ⚡ AS  __Frankensaber 💎 in SY fading to CG with ⚡ GB  — Currently traveling with co-owner

Light Side points preferred, when warranted

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -778

« Reply #51528 on: November 07, 2019, 03:33:17 PM »

Watching Friends on Netflix just isn't gonna happen.  Not only do I not have Netflix, but I can't stand the characters in Friends.  While I'm setting myself up as a target for ridicule, I might as well share that I could never relate to the characters in Seinfeld, either.  They just weren't even close to believable for me.  Now, The Big Bang Theory?  Oh, yeah, those characters made much more sense (even though they were exaggerations, just like in the other shows).

Seinfeld I can agree with...other than Kramer I never really cared for the show.  As for Friends I did and still do find it hilarious...but it is not out of relating to anyone.  Honestly there isn't one character or story I have ever related to.  Same with Big Bang Theory, for me the premise wore thin quickly.

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #51529 on: November 07, 2019, 06:31:21 PM »

Seinfeld I can agree with...other than Kramer I never really cared for the show.  As for Friends I did and still do find it hilarious...but it is not out of relating to anyone.  Honestly there isn't one character or story I have ever related to.  Same with Big Bang Theory, for me the premise wore thin quickly.
I actually liked Seinfeld. It makes fun of the stupid $#!% from everyday life that no one really pays attention to, but the vast majority end up doing.

Sometimes it's not about relating with the characters as much as it is just watching them. One of the things I love about BBT is the running gag of Sheldon's habits. Particularly "<knock knock knock> Penny. <knock knock knock> Penny. <knock knock knock> Penny." But more than that is the evolution of her response to it.

<knock knock knock> Penny.
<knock knock knock> Sheldon.
<knock knock knock> PENNY!
<knock knock knock> SHELDON!

Or Raj's complete inability to talk to a woman without alcohol. Y'know...little things. But then, I love character development.

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #51530 on: November 07, 2019, 07:28:26 PM »

I actually liked Seinfeld. It makes fun of the stupid $#!% from everyday life that no one really pays attention to, but the vast majority end up doing.

Sometimes it's not about relating with the characters as much as it is just watching them. One of the things I love about BBT is the running gag of Sheldon's habits. Particularly "<knock knock knock> Penny. <knock knock knock> Penny. <knock knock knock> Penny." But more than that is the evolution of her response to it.

<knock knock knock> PENNY!
<knock knock knock> SHELDON!

Or Raj's complete inability to talk to a woman without alcohol. Y'know...little things. But then, I love character development.

Perhaps, but it not as enjoyable.  I love character development as well...who doesn't.  But if I have no interest in the characters from the beginning any development is usually moot.  Notable exceptions exist though....Ahsoka foremost

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #51531 on: November 07, 2019, 07:53:26 PM »

I love character development as well...who doesn't?
Lucasfilm?

Notable exceptions exist though....Ahsoka foremost
Exactly. When she was introduced, it came across as a nauseating (and annoying) ploy to offer a character that would be more relatable to the target demographic: kids.

Sig by For Tyeth

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1110

« Reply #51532 on: November 07, 2019, 08:19:47 PM »

Lucasfilm?
I would upvote this x100 if I could Logos; literally made me LOL  Smiley

On a more serious note, it is for this reason that the Sequel Trilogy is such a disappointment: even discounting the new characters (who deserve better IMO), the decisions about the Original Trilogy characters (ESPECIALLY Luke) has been nothing short of disastrous.  At this point, I can only hope that Episode IX will help to redeem the Saga.

Exactly. When she was introduced, it came across as a nauseating (and annoying) ploy to offer a character that would be more relatable to the target demographic: kids.
I also agree with this.  When I first saw the Clone Wars movie, I was unimpressed (understatement) to say the least.  But then I started watching TCW show and from season to season, Ahsoka became less annoying and much, MUCH more interesting to the point that she is now one of my favorite characters (ESPECIALLY with her Season 5 arc, culminating in her ***SPOILERS*** quitting the Jedi Order).  Point of fact, one of the biggest reasons that I want to get Disney+ is so then I can see the new Clone Wars season.

Sig courtesy of DarthScrub

Cataphract Triarch of the Vhal'Dan

My sabers:Zearic's Aldrnari, Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, AS; Zearic's shoto, Apprentice v4 w/Obsidian, AS; Graflex SE w/Obsidian, GB; Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, CG; Dark Sentinel v4 w/Obsidian, BR; Sentinel LE v4 w/Obsidian, GB; Initiate v5 w/Obsidian, AS; Sentinel LE v4 stunt, EG; Aeon LE v4 stunt, FO; Dominix v4 stunt, BR; Aeon v3 stunt, SY

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #51533 on: November 07, 2019, 09:03:51 PM »

I would upvote this x100 if I could Logos; literally made me LOL  Smiley
I try. (#chokinghazardstrikesagain)

On a more serious note, it is for this reason that the Sequel Trilogy is such a disappointment: even discounting the new characters (who deserve better IMO), the decisions about the Original Trilogy characters (ESPECIALLY Luke) has been nothing short of disastrous.  At this point, I can only hope that Episode IX will help to redeem the Saga.
It will. It'll end. Hopefully then Disney will realize what a colossal cluster #$%& the current canon is, and scrub the whole thing again, hire writers with ACTUAL creative talent, and fold in more of the OC.

Point of fact, one of the biggest reasons that I want to get Disney+ is so then I can see the new Clone Wars season.
SPOILERS You're not missing much. It's mostly kids show crap, and relies heavily on nostalgia (like that's anything new). It has very few note worthy plot points, and per Filoni usual, butchers more than it enhances.

Sig by For Tyeth

Duff Man
The Double Triple X 4 + Fish OG of Randomness Version 2.7 of part 9 = Bacon
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -358

« Reply #51534 on: November 10, 2019, 07:23:24 AM »

2:30 am Ironing kilts and watching T.V.   There are a lot of phone sex,didn't even know that was still a thing, and male (testosterone) enhancement pill adds on.  I wonder what the target audience is Sat Night?Huh??

Ultra Saber SI Staff:Guardian Blue
Ultra Saber Redemption:SRD
Ultra Saber Dominix V2 LE:Dark VA
MR Construction Kit:RGB

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2792

Grey Assassin

« Reply #51535 on: November 11, 2019, 12:32:35 PM »

Happy Veterans Day to my fellow brothers and sisters, past, present, and future.

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #51536 on: November 11, 2019, 12:45:09 PM »

One of the few perks of my Job..I get government holidays off

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #51537 on: November 11, 2019, 01:40:36 PM »

Happy Veterans Day to my fellow brothers and sisters, past, present, and future.

If you get the chance to watch the marching demonstration in Times Square for the 244th birthday of the Marine Corp, do it. It is military precision at its finest. I honestly could not escape thoughts of battle droids with how meticulously perfect their timing was.

Sig by For Tyeth

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2792

Grey Assassin

« Reply #51538 on: November 11, 2019, 03:46:07 PM »

If you get the chance to watch the marching demonstration in Times Square for the 244th birthday of the Marine Corp, do it. It is military precision at its finest. I honestly could not escape thoughts of battle droids with how meticulously perfect their timing was.

I'm a Marine, I stick to all performances so thank you for the heads up

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #51539 on: November 11, 2019, 04:32:17 PM »

I'm a Marine, I stick to all performances so thank you for the heads up
You're welcome.

I caught it last night because one of the "kids" from our church is in the Bugle Corp. and he posted it.

Sig by For Tyeth

Pages: 1 ... 3434 3435 [3436] 3437 3438 ... 3563   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: