Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 3433 3434 [3435] 3436 3437 ... 3563   Go Down
Author Topic: Random Thoughts of Members (anything goes...well with in forum rules)  (Read 5032269 times)
Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -1913

(Dark points only) Do not hesitate. Show no mercy

« Reply #51510 on: November 05, 2019, 10:12:16 PM »

Some of us had a good enough education that we don't need to fall back on Google.  Just so you know, not all of us are completely ignorant gits over here.
Does not knowing something count as ignorance? 🤔 Also, I did say "non-UK" so as to not single out Americans.

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -778

« Reply #51511 on: November 05, 2019, 11:17:58 PM »

Some of us had a good enough education that we don't need to fall back on Google.  Just so you know, not all of us are completely ignorant gits over here.

Not many schools have sections on Guy Fawkes....  World History is usually regulated to Rome, Medieval England then jump to colonial America.   Which makes me curious (directed at Knox)..do Brits learn much about the colonies in school. 

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -1913

(Dark points only) Do not hesitate. Show no mercy

« Reply #51512 on: November 05, 2019, 11:37:04 PM »

Which makes me curious (directed at Knox)..do Brits learn much about the colonies in school. 
Nope. Not sure how well this is known, but duri ng era when America was being "founded" the British Empire was fighting a number of other wars elsewhere in the world. Not sure about now, but when we were in school we didn't learn anything about America at all.

Saying that though, Guy Fawkes was more a passing interest piece of information that we talked about for maybe 20 mins one history lesson as part of a larger conversation about English politics/history at the time.

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 534

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #51513 on: November 05, 2019, 11:41:30 PM »

Just so you know, not all of us are completely ignorant gits over here.

Does not knowing something count as ignorance? 🤔 Also, I did say "non-UK" so as to not single out Americans.

Yes, not knowing something is the very definition of ignorance.  It's what makes ignorance a curable condition, and certainly nothing to be ashamed of.  Nobody can know everything, after all.

And yes, you did say non-UK, and I'm not enough of an "ugly American" to think that only citizens of the United States exist outside the UK; I was simply speaking for the vast number of Americans, many of whom do NOT know the significance of Guy Fawkes and his ill-fated (for him) date with destiny.   You cut a loose-fitting garment, and I claimed it fit me perfectly (to pirate a line from "Dune").

LEGEND: 🔇= Stunt, 🔊= V4 Premium Sound, ⚡= Flash on Clash, 💎= Diamond Controller

__Aeon LE v3 🔇 in CG  __Initiate v2 🔇 in FO  __Initiate v2 🔇 in AB  __Dark Apprentice LE v5 🔇 in AS  Dark Catalyst in BH 🔊 ⚡AS  __Crimson Scorpion 🔊 BR⚡GB  __Azure Fallen 💎 in DVA fading to VA , ⚡ AS  __Frankensaber 💎 in SY fading to CG with ⚡ GB  — Currently traveling with co-owner

Light Side points preferred, when warranted

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #51514 on: November 06, 2019, 03:13:38 AM »

Nope. Not sure how well this is known, but duri ng era when America was being "founded" the British Empire was fighting a number of other wars elsewhere in the world. Not sure about now, but when we were in school we didn't learn anything about America at all.

Saying that though, Guy Fawkes was more a passing interest piece of information that we talked about for maybe 20 mins one history lesson as part of a larger conversation about English politics/history at the time.

Huh..that is interesting.  We...at least in my school..did learn a good bit about England during the time of the French-Indian War up to the Revolutionary War.  Personally of course I love Military History so I expanded my own knowledge outside of school.  Actually got in trouble for correcting my High School History teacher....

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #51515 on: November 06, 2019, 05:08:28 AM »

I have no friends.

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 534

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #51516 on: November 06, 2019, 02:06:59 PM »

I have no friends.
Huh  What the heck are we, chopped liver?

LEGEND: 🔇= Stunt, 🔊= V4 Premium Sound, ⚡= Flash on Clash, 💎= Diamond Controller

__Aeon LE v3 🔇 in CG  __Initiate v2 🔇 in FO  __Initiate v2 🔇 in AB  __Dark Apprentice LE v5 🔇 in AS  Dark Catalyst in BH 🔊 ⚡AS  __Crimson Scorpion 🔊 BR⚡GB  __Azure Fallen 💎 in DVA fading to VA , ⚡ AS  __Frankensaber 💎 in SY fading to CG with ⚡ GB  — Currently traveling with co-owner

Light Side points preferred, when warranted

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2792

Grey Assassin

« Reply #51517 on: November 06, 2019, 02:26:11 PM »

I have no friends.

Yes you do!

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2777

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #51518 on: November 06, 2019, 02:58:47 PM »

I have no friends.
No pity parties without a permit. Applications for said permit must be filled out in triplicate with a mauve calligraphy pen, and notarized no later than 5:27 PM MST in excess of 24 hours prior to the pity event.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #51519 on: November 07, 2019, 05:10:18 AM »

Huh  What the heck are we, chopped liver?

Okay, RL friends who are local.

No pity parties without a permit. Applications for said permit must be filled out in triplicate with a mauve calligraphy pen, and notarized no later than 5:27 PM MST in excess of 24 hours prior to the pity event.

These company policies are becoming ridiculous...

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #51520 on: November 07, 2019, 11:36:42 AM »

There are two types of people.  Those who wake up saying "Lets get this day started."  and others who say "Lets get this day over with." 

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2792

Grey Assassin

« Reply #51521 on: November 07, 2019, 11:54:07 AM »

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2777

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #51522 on: November 07, 2019, 01:50:15 PM »

Okay, RL friends who are local.
Welcome to adulthood. You're now legal to do all the $#!% you've probably been doing since the age of 16, and the word 'friends' has more to do with an old sitcom than the group of people you hang out with.

There are two types of people.  Those who wake up saying "Lets get this day started."  and others who say "Lets get this day over with." 
There are more. I wake up saying "Why the #$%& are my eyes open?"

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

PsychoSith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -372

« Reply #51523 on: November 07, 2019, 02:14:05 PM »

I am both depending on how my first half hour of work goes

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #51524 on: November 07, 2019, 02:33:31 PM »

Welcome to adulthood. You're now legal to do all the $#!% you've probably been doing since the age of 16, and the word 'friends' has more to do with an old sitcom than the group of people you hang out with.
There are more. I wake up saying "Why the #$%& are my eyes open?"

Watching Friends on Netflix is the closest I get to having friends......  It and Fraiser still hold up to me....and now I feel old.  TIL Friends is 25 years old. 

Why the @#$% are my open falls under "lest get it over with to me"

I am both depending on how my first half hour of work goes

going to work is the main thing I want to be over...before I get there

Pages: 1 ... 3433 3434 [3435] 3436 3437 ... 3563   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: