Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 3431 3432 [3433] 3434 3435 ... 3562   Go Down
Author Topic: Random Thoughts of Members (anything goes...well with in forum rules)  (Read 5023821 times)
Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -1913

(Dark points only) Do not hesitate. Show no mercy

« Reply #51480 on: November 04, 2019, 12:15:35 PM »

Once again, Heidi Klum wins Halloween. She always goes all out every year with her costumes for her annual Halloween party. She spent 13 hours in the make-up chair to have all the prosthetics and things completed.

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2792

Grey Assassin

« Reply #51481 on: November 04, 2019, 01:28:33 PM »

Once again, Heidi Klum wins Halloween. She always goes all out every year with her costumes for her annual Halloween party. She spent 13 hours in the make-up chair to have all the prosthetics and things completed.

I agree but also had the add anyone who dresses as any Fifth Element character wins

The Weekend's Jack Nicholson is one of the best I've seen

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2777

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #51482 on: November 04, 2019, 02:06:22 PM »

Now that would be telling!

Here's my favourite photo from last night

Still think you shoulda rocked the hammer.

Nice. That's what it's all about, celebrating and meeting like minded people who share the same love
That's why I say about cons: You don't know anybody, but you won't meet a stranger.

WOW! Those are some high end prosthetics.

I agree but also had the add anyone who dresses as any Fifth Element character wins

Gotta admit, she nailed it. Her friend, though pretty, is quite underwhelming, however.

The Weekend's Jack Nicholson is one of the best I've seen

WOW!!!!

Ladies and gentlemen, I think we have an official contender for the crown.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #51483 on: November 04, 2019, 04:44:01 PM »

Still think you shoulda rocked the hammer.
I was going to on the Friday night. Biut, after checking with the promoter, I may not have been let in. So left it at home.

Gotta admit, she nailed it. Her friend, though pretty, is quite underwhelming, however.
Ladies and gentlemen, I think we have an official contender for the crown.
I suppose it all depends on whether you like Halloween costumes as the cosplay route or the horror route. Personally, I prefer the horror route as we have cons for the cosplay. But that's just me.

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2792

Grey Assassin

« Reply #51484 on: November 04, 2019, 05:33:36 PM »

I suppose it all depends on whether you like Halloween costumes as the cosplay route or the horror route. Personally, I prefer the horror route as we have cons for the cosplay. But that's just me.

I'm all about cosplay so to me as long as it's closer to cinematic or comic iterations, I'm good with it but we all have preferences

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -778

« Reply #51485 on: November 04, 2019, 05:39:25 PM »

Isn't she Natalie Portman's Character from Closer....

I think its also differs by country.  In the US Halloween became more of a children's Holiday so the Horror was watered down somewhat.  As well some people don't get to go to cons...like myself...so Halloween is the only time we get to do cosplay.

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Duff Man
The Double Triple X 4 + Fish OG of Randomness Version 2.7 of part 9 = Bacon
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -358

« Reply #51486 on: November 04, 2019, 06:38:45 PM »

I'm going for a run tomorrow.

When I say this then tomorrow comes i just say it again.

Ultra Saber SI Staff:Guardian Blue
Ultra Saber Redemption:SRD
Ultra Saber Dominix V2 LE:Dark VA
MR Construction Kit:RGB

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #51487 on: November 04, 2019, 06:40:57 PM »

I think its also differs by country.  In the US Halloween became more of a children's Holiday so the Horror was watered down somewhat. 
Well, parents need to start parenting properly and introduce the kids to horror from a young age. It'll be good for them. Either it will ignite a passion and creativity in them or traumatise them for life.

As well some people don't get to go to cons...like myself...so Halloween is the only time we get to do cosplay.
Do you not go to cons because you don't have the time, don't want to hang around that many people or is there just not one near you?

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #51488 on: November 04, 2019, 07:51:09 PM »

Do you not go to cons because you don't have the time, don't want to hang around that many people or is there just not one near you?

Time, Money, Energy, etc.  The nearest Con is about an Hour and Half away...which in Florida traffic translates to about 2 and half.  Doesn't sound far...but that's about my daily commute time and I do so hate being in vehicles.  So when the weekend roles around I just want to stay at home.  As well I really don't have anyone to go with.  The few friends I have from work aren't "nerds" and my wife works weekends.  Then money.. gas, parking, costume then I will want to buy stuff.  The curse of adulthood...you have the "freedom" to do things, just not the time, energy or money.  Its tough being a 70 year old in a 36 year old body Tongue

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 534

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #51489 on: November 04, 2019, 08:29:53 PM »

Time, Money, Energy, etc.  The nearest Con is about an Hour and Half away...which in Florida traffic translates to about 2 and half.  Doesn't sound far...but that's about my daily commute time and I do so hate being in vehicles.  So when the weekend roles around I just want to stay at home.  As well I really don't have anyone to go with.  The few friends I have from work aren't "nerds" and my wife works weekends.  Then money.. gas, parking, costume then I will want to buy stuff.  The curse of adulthood...you have the "freedom" to do things, just not the time, energy or money.  Its tough being a 70 year old in a 36 year old body Tongue

The only time I've ever had any company in going to a con was the last time, earlier this year.  I know you have other issues getting in your way, but I never found going solo to be an issue for me.  If it is one for you, then feel free to COMPLETELY disregard my comment.  Smiley

LEGEND: 🔇= Stunt, 🔊= V4 Premium Sound, ⚡= Flash on Clash, 💎= Diamond Controller

__Aeon LE v3 🔇 in CG  __Initiate v2 🔇 in FO  __Initiate v2 🔇 in AB  __Dark Apprentice LE v5 🔇 in AS  Dark Catalyst in BH 🔊 ⚡AS  __Crimson Scorpion 🔊 BR⚡GB  __Azure Fallen 💎 in DVA fading to VA , ⚡ AS  __Frankensaber 💎 in SY fading to CG with ⚡ GB  — Currently traveling with co-owner

Light Side points preferred, when warranted

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #51490 on: November 04, 2019, 08:35:07 PM »

I was going to on the Friday night. Biut, after checking with the promoter, I may not have been let in. So left it at home.
UGH. What ever happened to common decency, and trust that people wouldn't suck.....oh wait....people suck. NM

Yes. To me, well done is well done regardless of occasion or genre. But considering that this Joker isn't just doing the garb and makeup of my favorite portrayal, but he even has the facial prosthetics to give him the cheeks and smile, giving him an exceptional likeness, OR he actually just naturally looks like that. Either way, he is killing it.

Heidi's kit is movie quality good, but for me this is where it actually loses points. She didn't make it herself. I'm dubious that she even designed it herself. If she did, she gets some points back. She had a full professional team getting her into it. It rubs me as someone, albeit enthusiastic, that just has too much money to throw at a single showing. Undecided

Isn't she Natalie Portman's Character from Closer....
Good call.

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #51491 on: November 04, 2019, 08:41:56 PM »

The only time I've ever had any company in going to a con was the last time, earlier this year.  I know you have other issues getting in your way, but I never found going solo to be an issue for me.  If it is one for you, then feel free to COMPLETELY disregard my comment.  Smiley

Eh  yes and no.  Its more or less it would be nice to have someone to talk to...especially the Wife because I would feel extremely guilty going without her no matter what she said.

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 534

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #51492 on: November 04, 2019, 09:00:01 PM »

Eh  yes and no.  Its more or less it would be nice to have someone to talk to...especially the Wife because I would feel extremely guilty going without her no matter what she said.

1)  Keeping one's wife happy is important, no doubt!
2)  Wives (and husbands, too, but don't tell my wife I admitted this) sometimes say "oh, it doesn't matter" when it matters a LOT.  (It seems you have already learned this lesson.)

LEGEND: 🔇= Stunt, 🔊= V4 Premium Sound, ⚡= Flash on Clash, 💎= Diamond Controller

__Aeon LE v3 🔇 in CG  __Initiate v2 🔇 in FO  __Initiate v2 🔇 in AB  __Dark Apprentice LE v5 🔇 in AS  Dark Catalyst in BH 🔊 ⚡AS  __Crimson Scorpion 🔊 BR⚡GB  __Azure Fallen 💎 in DVA fading to VA , ⚡ AS  __Frankensaber 💎 in SY fading to CG with ⚡ GB  — Currently traveling with co-owner

Light Side points preferred, when warranted

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #51493 on: November 04, 2019, 09:09:50 PM »

2)  Wives (and husbands, too, but don't tell my wife I admitted this) sometimes say "oh, it doesn't matter" when it matters a LOT.  (It seems you have already learned this lesson.)

Sig by For Tyeth

PsychoSith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -372

« Reply #51494 on: November 04, 2019, 09:50:29 PM »

Right up there with "do what you want" and the ever-dangerous "nothings wrong"

Point for Mal

Pages: 1 ... 3431 3432 [3433] 3434 3435 ... 3562   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: